Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
  1.    14 Nov 2015 #81
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 38
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by jds63 View Post
    Longer ? All hard drives are same size unless an SSD
    i mean louder
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    14 Nov 2015 #82
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,034
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

    Quote Originally Posted by Rice View Post
    i mean louder
    SO you installed it and it is making a loud noise ? Sure it is hard drive, i sent a link on how to install, maybe did something wrong.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    14 Nov 2015 #83
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 38
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by jds63 View Post
    SO you installed it and it is making a loud noise ? Sure it is hard drive, i sent a link on how to install, maybe did something wrong.
    i did what was on the link my fan is working now one of the plugs wasnt plugged in properly but the noise is still there on the hard drive
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    14 Nov 2015 #84
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,034
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

    Quote Originally Posted by Rice View Post
    i did what was on the link my fan is working now one of the plugs wasnt plugged in properly but the noise is still there on the hard drive
    O.k. this is the new hard drive and all is correct as explained in link's article. What Hard Drive did you purchase and what kind of noise, can you explain a bit more ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    15 Nov 2015 #85
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    San Jose, California
    Posts : 2,036
    Ubuntu14.04x64 MintMate17x64 Win10Prox64

    Bad news. Your HD will be dying soon so please backup your Personal Data and replace it. Those bad sector counts will be increasing and that's the reason you experience the slow startup.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    15 Nov 2015 #86
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,034
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

    Quote Originally Posted by topgundcp View Post
    Bad news. Your HD will be dying soon so please backup your Personal Data and replace it. Those bad sector counts will be increasing and that's the reason you experience the slow startup.
    Been dying, bought a new one is having issues with that. Voltage on PSU seemed low too.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    10 Dec 2015 #87
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 38
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by jds63 View Post
    Been dying, bought a new one is having issues with that. Voltage on PSU seemed low too.
    sent it back and got my money back thinking of getting an ssd is there any difference with these two and which would you recommend

    Amazon.com: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E250B/AM): Computers Accessories

    Samsung 2.5-Inch 250 GB 850 EVO Solid State Drive: Amazon.co.uk: Computers Accessories
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    10 Dec 2015 #88
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    San Jose, California
    Posts : 2,036
    Ubuntu14.04x64 MintMate17x64 Win10Prox64

    Quote Originally Posted by Rice View Post
    sent it back and got my money back thinking of getting an ssd is there any difference with these two and which would you recommend

    Amazon.com: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E250B/AM): Computers Accessories

    Samsung 2.5-Inch 250 GB 850 EVO Solid State Drive: Amazon.co.uk: Computers Accessories
    They are the same so pick the cheaper one.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    10 Dec 2015 #89
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 187
    Win 7 8 and 10

    my harddrive is ST2000DM001-9YN164
    My advice is to keep current backups. The DM series has issues and a higher failure rate than others. Firmware update might help but I personally never updated a HD firmware so I am no help.

    Edit while I was researching your drive did I read you replaced it all ready??
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Computer Shutting Off at Windows Logo
I have a Sabertooth 990FX motherboard. This isn't the first time I've installed Windows 10 on this computer (I was having issues with a corrupted operating system before, so I've reinstalled Windows several times). Basically, I managed to get...
General Support
computer crashing at startup after windows logo
computer always crashes after windows logo , after restarting for 3-4 times, sometimes even 6-7 times the system works normally, it doesn't crash after that, please help me out with this problem, have added the dump files.35993
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Install Stuck on Windows Logo
Hello, I have tried many times now for the past two days to install windows 10 as an upgrade from windows 7. I have tried the windows update tool that is supposed to do everything automatically for you and as soon as it reboots it just sits on...
Installation and Upgrade
Solved Computer crashes at Windows logo (startup)
(TL;DR:I have recently been facing random freezes on my computer. It is not OS related as it may freeze before POST or BIOS. I concluded that problem was either overheating or PSU (previously tested RAM with memtest86 and WMD). Installed SpeedFan...
Performance & Maintenance
Windows 10 New Logo
This is my logo idea for Win10, one black and one white (Maybe it should be thicker): 8539 8540
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums