Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1.    09 Nov 2015 #41
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,069
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

    Quote Originally Posted by salluhassan View Post
    Wow KOoOL. May be this post will help to the OP if he also consider this ssd option too. But i ask you on my own will first that what you prefer more for laptop . A sata 3 ssd which is considered to be a normal one or do you u prefer m.2 ssd slot which i guess i have in my hp probook 450 g2. Max size is upto 120GB according to specs
    Not to familiar with M2 SSD believe going into a PCI-E slot, some say they are faster, some say not so yet. Board is capable and i am using a desktop.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    10 Nov 2015 #42
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 11
    windows 10 pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jds63 View Post
    Not to familiar with M2 SSD believe going into a PCI-E slot, some say they are faster, some say not so yet. Board is capable and i am using a desktop.
    Yeah but for laptop there is special area slot for m.2 ssd . You can either use ssd in that slot or use any wimax card
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    10 Nov 2015 #43
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 38
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by jds63 View Post
    These are Preinstall SATA Controller drivers to be put on before the OS, see them on the list from Gigabyte. Give you instructions on how to do this when you reinstall on new hard drive. Can be put in after, suggested to preinstall before, can show you both ways.

    Intel SATA Preinstall driver
    (For AHCI / RAID Mode)
    Note: Windows setup to read from USB thumb drive.
    i was able to make my cdrom work again and i installed the stuff i got from the cd onto my system and its loading up alot faster

    Last edited by Rice; 10 Nov 2015 at 10:25.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    10 Nov 2015 #44
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,069
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

    Still going slow watching it, but you know how it was before. When you say the CD you mean manufacturer's CD with drivers and software that came with this PC which probably are outdated drivers and software for Windows 10. If Hard Drive is holding up for now putting in updated drivers may help you even more, but i still suggest you look into a new Hard Drive and backup any important files now. Need help installing updated drivers like preinstalled let me know. Another thing can slow down system is amount of startup software being loaded during the boot up, sure Gigabyte has some software it installed from this CD.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    10 Nov 2015 #45
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 38
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by jds63 View Post
    Still going slow watching it, but you know how it was before. When you say the CD you mean manufacturer's CD with drivers and software that came with this PC which probably are outdated drivers and software for Windows 10. If Hard Drive is holding up for now putting in updated drivers may help you even more, but i still suggest you look into a new Hard Drive and backup any important files now. Need help installing updated drivers like preinstalled let me know. Another thing can slow down system is amount of startup software being loaded during the boot up, sure Gigabyte has some software it installed from this CD.
    yes the cd that came with manufacturer, could you help me out with the preinstalled drivers, do you mean startup software on task manager? what hard drive would you recommend i buy?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    10 Nov 2015 #46
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,069
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

    Quote Originally Posted by Rice View Post
    yes the cd that came with manufacturer, could you help me out with the preinstalled drivers, do you mean startup software on task manager? what hard drive would you recommend i buy?
    Yes check startup tab in task manager to see what is starting up, if want to post a screen shot for me to see. Look in notification area see what shows there besides Network, sound and time. Gigabyte tends to give you mothrboard software which i feel is useless to run and startup. As far as Hard Drive they are not expensive these days and i would choose a Western Digital, but we can go into that further and you live in the U.K. i would give you certain specs to look for mattering to your needs of also space on a drive.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    10 Nov 2015 #47
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 38
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by jds63 View Post
    Yes check startup tab in task manager to see what is starting up, if want to post a screen shot for me to see. Look in notification area see what shows there besides Network, sound and time. Gigabyte tends to give you mothrboard software which i feel is useless to run and startup. As far as Hard Drive they are not expensive these days and i would choose a Western Digital, but we can go into that further and you live in the U.K. i would give you certain specs to look for mattering to your needs of also space on a drive.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	47336
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    10 Nov 2015 #48
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,069
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

    Tell you right now and if you can not find it in the program do it in task manager. Disable uTorrent startup, can disable CCleaner monitoring within CCleaners settings, Razer Synapse can disable here not needed to start, Steam can be disabled if you open Steam and look in settings again not needed to start, not sure of what Flux Software you have, also gamecon 780 looks like headset software look in software most likely not needed to start with PC, input mapper for a game controller have to look into needs of this startup, look in software itself first, Java Update scheduler is a resource hog truthfully would not use Java to begin with, but if you can remember to check monthly it is a waste to have it run every boot since it only checks monthly.

    Realtek is starting up to show the icon in notification area, either right click icon in notification area open Realtek Audio Manager look for setting to remove this icon in notification area as it's not needed to start for it to function for audio, unless you like having it there. Use Skype a lot, do not think needs to start on every boot and stay running, NVIDIA items some might be due to installing GeForce Experience when you installed Video card drivers which again is useless service for auto updates and game optimizations and a startup. Can uninstall NVIDIA driver software and reinstall make sure to not select GeForce Experience.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    10 Nov 2015 #49
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    N.Y.
    Posts : 3,069
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

    Not sure of the size Hard Drive you need, here is US company shows some WD, as long as you go with 7200RPM.Some say go Solid State Drives, if have means to spend more it is a good investment for speed and performance.Only have an intel i3 so not sure how much of a boost it is going to give you, but of course better then a HDD.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...50%20600003298
    Decent enough 1TB WD Hard drive i used http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822236339
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    10 Nov 2015 #50
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 38
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by jds63 View Post
    Not sure of the size Hard Drive you need, here is US company shows some WD, as long as you go with 7200RPM.Some say go Solid State Drives, if have means to spend more it is a good investment for speed and performance.Only have an intel i3 so not sure how much of a boost it is going to give you, but of course better then a HDD.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...50%20600003298
    Decent enough 1TB WD Hard drive i used http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822236339
    this would fix the reallocated sector count and airflow temperature issue? and the windows logo at start up?

    is this the same one you linked?
    Western Digital Blue WD10EZEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5-Inch Internal Hard Drive: Amazon.co.uk: Computers Accessories
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Computer Shutting Off at Windows Logo
I have a Sabertooth 990FX motherboard. This isn't the first time I've installed Windows 10 on this computer (I was having issues with a corrupted operating system before, so I've reinstalled Windows several times). Basically, I managed to get...
General Support
computer crashing at startup after windows logo
computer always crashes after windows logo , after restarting for 3-4 times, sometimes even 6-7 times the system works normally, it doesn't crash after that, please help me out with this problem, have added the dump files.35993
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Install Stuck on Windows Logo
Hello, I have tried many times now for the past two days to install windows 10 as an upgrade from windows 7. I have tried the windows update tool that is supposed to do everything automatically for you and as soon as it reboots it just sits on...
Installation and Upgrade
Solved Computer crashes at Windows logo (startup)
(TL;DR:I have recently been facing random freezes on my computer. It is not OS related as it may freeze before POST or BIOS. I concluded that problem was either overheating or PSU (previously tested RAM with memtest86 and WMD). Installed SpeedFan...
Performance & Maintenance
Windows 10 New Logo
This is my logo idea for Win10, one black and one white (Maybe it should be thicker): 8539 8540
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:10.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums