Windows logo on startup

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1.    09 Nov 2015 #21

    jds63 said: View Post
    Another way to check SMART data without software, see if it works and shows different
    Although not going to give you information like a software would, just o.k. or not

    open the (Admin) Command Prompt window

    In the Command Prompt window, copy and paste the following commands, pressing Enter after each:

    wmic

    diskdrive get status
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled 4.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	10.4 KB 
ID:	47153
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. jds63's Avatar
    Posts : 3,120
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       09 Nov 2015 #22

    Rice said: View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled 4.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	10.4 KB 
ID:	47153
    Let me ask right now how is the PC running, still getting stuck on Logo screen ? Said you did a checkdisk correct ?

    If you can follow this it will give you a text result of your check disk log on your desktop then post it here.

    1. Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog, type powershell.exe, and press Enter.

    2. In PowerShell, copy and paste the command below, and press Enter.

    get-winevent -FilterHashTable @{logname="Application"; id="1001"}| ?{$_.providername –match "wininit"} | fl timecreated, message | out-file Desktop\CHKDSKResults.txt

    3. You will now have a CHKDSKResults.txt file created on your desktop that is the log file of your chkdsk scan results from Event Viewer.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    09 Nov 2015 #23

    i still get the suck on logo screen

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled5.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	47160
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled6.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	47161
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. jds63's Avatar
    Posts : 3,120
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       09 Nov 2015 #24

    Well no bad sectors shown there which is good and better then what other programs told you.Sometimes need to run more then one of these type of programs to get a better idea. Not saying your hard drive may be still good enough though.

    What brand and model Hard Drives did you have that you might of wanted to use, how old were they ? Ask this first before again saying would be best to buy another one and if can afford buy a Solid State Drive .
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    09 Nov 2015 #25

    jds63 said: View Post
    Well no bad sectors shown there which is good and better then what other programs told you.Sometimes need to run more then one of these type of programs to get a better idea. Not saying your hard drive may be still good enough though.

    What brand and model Hard Drives did you have that you might of wanted to use, how old were they ? Ask this first before again saying would be best to buy another one and if can afford buy a Solid State Drive .
    i cant check at the moment and i dont think they are any good anyway
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. jds63's Avatar
    Posts : 3,120
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       09 Nov 2015 #26

    Rice said: View Post
    i cant check at the moment and i dont think they are any good anyway
    If there old already and have been used enough before it is probably not best to use them, just trying to save you time and money. You ran a number of tests from Seatools to HDTune both showing failures in read and airflow. Backup what you can if you can, make a decision.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7. jds63's Avatar
    Posts : 3,120
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       09 Nov 2015 #27

    Asking me if outdated or not updated drivers will make a difference on this issue, from what i have seen with Hard drive already, i do not think so and the Hard Drive do not require a specific driver to function or be recognized by the system. SATA Controller drivers may need updating. This is motherboard site, select 64 bit or 32 bit Windows 10 whichever you have.Are newer drivers available ,this is something you should usually do the day you upgraded to the new OS.
    http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=4958#dl
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    09 Nov 2015 #28

    jds63 said: View Post
    Asking me if outdated or not updated drivers will make a difference on this issue, from what i have seen with Hard drive already, i do not think so and the Hard Drive do not require a specific driver to function or be recognized by the system. SATA Controller drivers may need updating. This is motherboard site, select 64 bit or 32 bit Windows 10 whichever you have.Are newer drivers available ,this is something you should usually do the day you upgraded to the new OS.
    http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=4958#dl
    should i download intel rapid technology aswell
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. jds63's Avatar
    Posts : 3,120
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       09 Nov 2015 #29

    Rice said: View Post
    should i download Intel® Rapid Storage Technology as well
    Thinking you might be talking BIOS update.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. jds63's Avatar
    Posts : 3,120
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       09 Nov 2015 #30

    Rice said: View Post
    should i download intel rapid technology aswell
    Do you know what bit the OS is 64 bit or 32bit ? Give you what to download then. Truthfully if having issues booting might not be wise to try this now. Can save the files to an external device for now or save the web page. Considering may need a new drive going to have to put them back in again. Entirely up to you though.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Related Threads
I have a Sabertooth 990FX motherboard. This isn't the first time I've installed Windows 10 on this computer (I was having issues with a corrupted operating system before, so I've reinstalled Windows several times). Basically, I managed to get...
computer always crashes after windows logo , after restarting for 3-4 times, sometimes even 6-7 times the system works normally, it doesn't crash after that, please help me out with this problem, have added the dump files.35993
Install Stuck on Windows Logo in Installation and Upgrade
Hello, I have tried many times now for the past two days to install windows 10 as an upgrade from windows 7. I have tried the windows update tool that is supposed to do everything automatically for you and as soon as it reboots it just sits on...
Solved Computer crashes at Windows logo (startup) in Performance & Maintenance
(TL;DR:I have recently been facing random freezes on my computer. It is not OS related as it may freeze before POST or BIOS. I concluded that problem was either overheating or PSU (previously tested RAM with memtest86 and WMD). Installed SpeedFan...
Windows 10 New Logo in General Support
This is my logo idea for Win10, one black and one white (Maybe it should be thicker): 8539 8540
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:21.
Find Us