Windows 10: Are Linux Users Allowed Here? :D

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1.    06 Nov 2015 #1

    Are Linux Users Allowed Here? :D


    I am a long time Windows and Linux user and I wanted to join the TenForums. I use many linux distros but I also love windows

    I use W10 on my lappy and Linux on my desktop. Soon if I plan to upgrade, the OS for that may also change

    So.. Will you allow me to join your forums and make me feel welcome or burn me with fire?

    PS: Nokia should've kept making Lumias.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    06 Nov 2015 #2

    stickybranches said: View Post
    I am a long time Windows and Linux user and I wanted to join the TenForums. I use many linux distros but I also love windows

    I use W10 on my lappy and Linux on my desktop. Soon if I plan to upgrade, the OS for that may also change

    So.. Will you allow me to join your forums and make me feel welcome or burn me with fire?

    PS: Nokia should've kept making Lumias.
    Welcome to the forum. Linux users have perspectives on personal computing that are useful to Windows users too.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    06 Nov 2015 #3

    I support hundreds of Linux servers. It's the right tool for the job. I run 10 on my work laptop.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    06 Nov 2015 #4

    I've just set up a dual boot system on my home desktop computer with Windows 10 and Linux Mint. Both are new to me, and I'm having a great time finding out about each operating system.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    06 Nov 2015 #5

    Awesome! Thanks for not bashing on me guys! Don't worry! I do use Windows quite a lot actually even though for both I feel the same If there is one thing that Windows excels over Linux would be Laptops. Windows has really nice battery management!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    06 Nov 2015 #6

    stickybranches said: View Post
    Awesome! Thanks for not bashing on me guys! Don't worry! I do use Windows quite a lot actually even though for both I feel the same If there is one thing that Windows excels over Linux would be Laptops. Windows has really nice battery management!
    Welcome to the forum stickybranches !!! Lots of folks on here run both systems.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    06 Nov 2015 #7

    I like to use Linux as a side project in VMWare, I have been following it since Slackware 3.6 so a long time. The only thing preventing me from using it is games. I do love Windows 10 though.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    06 Nov 2015 #8

    You be ya!! All users are welcome here..

    Welcome to the forums.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    06 Nov 2015 #9

    I used to run Linux Mint on a USB drive for lots of reasons, but I can't anymore, since upgrading my graphic's card to the Nvidia GTX750ti and I have no idea how to fix the graphic's problem. Seems Linux does not support my card.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    06 Nov 2015 #10

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    I used to run Linux Mint on a USB drive for lots of reasons, but I can't anymore, since upgrading my graphic's card to the Nvidia GTX750ti and I have no idea how to fix the graphic's problem. Seems Linux does not support my card.
    It should support any card really, are you sure you installed the correct drivers via driver manager? Linux even supports Titan X lol If you use a ubuntu based distro, go into driver manager and install the latest nvidia drivers, should be 346 or 352 or something Also it could be because you are running it off a USB.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Solved Single window being allowed in General Support
Installed Windows 10 yesterday and things are just not right. I am unable to reduce window size. If I hit the reduction icon with window just goes away. I am also not able to have more than one window open at a time. Since my taskbar is also...
Hi there Just wondering if there are any Linux users here running a Windows VM with the KVM virtualisation module in Linux. Cheers jimbo
From the Windows 8 retail (upgrade) EULA: "Can I transfer the software to another computer or user? You may transfer the software to another computer that belongs to you..." This remains the same for the Windows 8.1 upgrade EULA. On...
Hi there Unity mode (when it works) is really good Currently upgrading a W8.1 VM to W10 -- so snapshot is of existing VM before upgrade running on Linux The Integrated Unity mode makes it very simple for running any Windows program from...
Hi there Any Linux users - Opensuse release 13.2 RC1 (14 days before FINAL release) works just fine -- VMWARE workstation and player install on it without any problems plus all the other stuff I've had on 13.1 for the past year or so. A...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02.
Find Us