Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    05 Nov 2015 #1
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4
    win 10

    copyto moveto


    The copyto/moveto hack always worked, until I loaded windows 10. Even refreshing the install of the registry items, this still won't show up on my context menu.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    05 Nov 2015 #2
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 25,773
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17046

    Hello sussertown, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    The tutorial below to add "Copy to Folder" and "Move to Folder" still works for me in Windows 10.

    Context Menu - Add Copy To Folder and Move To Folder - Windows 7 Help Forums
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    05 Nov 2015 #3
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,891
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    I second that.
    Both the tutorials from Seven forums and Eight forums still work.
    I used one of those only a few weeks ago after I did a Clean Install of Windows 10.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    05 Nov 2015 #4
    Join Date : Aug 2014
    Forever West
    Posts : 3,986
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, Win7 Home, Linux Mint

    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    Hello sussertown, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    The tutorial below to add "Copy to Folder" and "Move to Folder" still works for me in Windows 10.

    Context Menu - Add Copy To Folder and Move To Folder - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Worked for me just now on Win10 Pro, hadn't gotten around to doing it earlier but seems like it works as intended. My Win10 Home will be next.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    05 Nov 2015 #5
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Land of 10,000 lakes
    Posts : 10,382
    W10 Pro, W10 Home

    Works in W10 Home for me as well.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    05 Nov 2015 #6
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Indiana/Florida
    Posts : 1,575
    Windows 10 Home x64

    Yep, no problems here either.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    05 Nov 2015 #7
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4
    win 10
    Thread Starter

    That's what I did. I've loaded the register files on many computers for years. It just disappeared. Do you think a reboot will make any difference.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    05 Nov 2015 #8
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 25,773
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17046

    sussertown,

    When you double clicked on the add .reg files to merge them, did you approve all prompts?

    You normally do not need to do anything else to add them.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    05 Nov 2015 #9
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,891
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by sussertown View Post
    That's what I did. I've loaded the register files on many computers for years. It just disappeared. Do you think a reboot will make any difference.
    Just wondering.......................
    If you are running Win 10 Pro, wonder if by freak accident the option is disabled by local group policy.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    05 Nov 2015 #10
    Join Date : Aug 2014
    Forever West
    Posts : 3,986
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, Win7 Home, Linux Mint

    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    sussertown,

    When you double clicked on the add .reg files to merge them, did you approve all prompts?

    You normally do not need to do anything else to add them.
    Right, didn't have to do anything more on either Home or Pro.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:34.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums