Registry Editor crashing

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

  1. Posts : 6
    Win10 Pro (64 bit)
       #81

    f14tomcat said:
    From what I can tell, this is fixed in Insider 14316. Just have to wait for it to roll out in a cumulative update for current build.
    Well. I guess we just have to see about that... I mean, it's been this way since at least Oct 31, so.....

    Edit:
    But who knows? Perhaps it'll be solved with the Anniversary Update, this coming summer.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 8
    Linux Mint 17.3 (Rosa ) Cinnamon 64bit
       #82

    Here is Regedit extracted from the RTM Windows 10 Pro 64-bit build 10240 (this was the first official build released). This resolves the issue, but I don't know what changes were made to regedit in the most recent build (10586) and why
    I tried the attached version of regedit.exe (File version 10.0.10240.16384) on Windows Version 10.0.10586 and got this error:

    This version of C:\Windows\regedit.exe is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information and then contact the software publisher.


    ...which is a real shame because all the other fixes I've found involve deleting registry keys; they are there for a reason right?
    Is there some other detail I am missing?
      My Computer

  3. Steve C's Avatar
    Posts : 6,295
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       #83

    I was just trying to use Regedit to sort out some 10016 errors which appear in Event Viewer to find Regedit crashes when searching. It's amazing MS with all their resources have broken this essential utility which used to work just fine.
      My Computers

  4. OldMike65's Avatar
    Posts : 106,747
    Windows10 Pro (x64) 20H2 19042.928
       #84

    Steve C said:
    I was just trying to use Regedit to sort out some 10016 errors which appear in Event Viewer to find Regedit crashes when searching. It's amazing MS with all their resources have broken this essential utility which used to work just fine.
    Use a Good 3rd Party Registry program, I haven't used Windows regedit in years. Besides some of them are 100% better and more options.
      My Computers

  5. Steve C's Avatar
    Posts : 6,295
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       #85

    OldMike65 said:
    Use a Good 3rd Party Registry program, I haven't used Windows regedit in years. Besides some of them are 100% better and more options.
    I've always used Regedit since it always worked until Windows 10! Which free registry editor do you recommend for compatibility with Windows 10?
      My Computers

  6. OldMike65's Avatar
    Posts : 106,747
    Windows10 Pro (x64) 20H2 19042.928
       #86

    Steve C said:
    I've always used Regedit since it always worked until Windows 10! Which free registry editor do you recommend for compatibility with Windows 10?
    The one I use is not free, its Registry Workshop. Bought it at least 6 years ago. Runs fine under windows 10.
    Here is a link to their site, if you want to try it.
    www.torchsoft.com
      My Computers

  7. hexaae's Avatar
    Posts : 153
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #87

    Fixed with Anniversary Update.
    Winver: build 1607, 14393.51
      My Computer


 
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:42.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums