Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    25 Oct 2015 #11
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Posts : 1
    Dual Boot 10 Pro v1607 10 Pro rs2 build 14971

    Quote Originally Posted by Plasmawario View Post
    I have done that. It brings up a Windows Setup window with an option to Install now, or to repair my computer.
    That is what you want. Click on repair my computer. A few screens later it will ask you what you want to keep. Click on personal files and apps.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    25 Oct 2015 #12
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 17
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
    That is what you want. Click on repair my computer. A few screens later it will ask you what you want to keep. Click on personal files and apps.
    After clicking repair my computer, it shows 3 options: continue, Troubleshoot, and Turn off my PC. Is this what I'm supposed to see?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    25 Oct 2015 #13
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Posts : 1
    Dual Boot 10 Pro v1607 10 Pro rs2 build 14971

    Choose troubleshoot. Read this tutorial Reinstall Windows 10 with this media . This will let you keep your files.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    25 Oct 2015 #14
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    UK, Midlands
    Posts : 10,470
    Win 10 Pro (1703)

    Might be a good idea to run chkdsk from the Win 10 boot disk first ... just reread the first post where Plasmawario said using and image ot recover his system failed.. I'm wondering why?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    25 Oct 2015 #15
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 17
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by dalchina View Post
    Might be a good idea to run chkdsk from the Win 10 boot disk first ... just reread the first post where Plasmawario said using and image ot recover his system failed.. I'm wondering why?
    Would I use cmd? Or some other method?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    25 Oct 2015 #16
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Posts : 1
    Dual Boot 10 Pro v1607 10 Pro rs2 build 14971

    Sorry it took awhile to get back to you. This is what Dalchina is talking about. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html. From repair your computer>Troubleshoot>advanced options>command prompt. the command is chkdsk /f. Not sure how much this will help, but if you are having hard disk problems this will find them and attempt to repair them. After this runs and it might take awhile try to reinstall following this. Reinstall Windows 10 with this media. Something is hanging up, maybe this will get it working.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    25 Oct 2015 #17
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 17
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
    Sorry it took awhile to get back to you. This is what Dalchina is talking about. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html. From repair your computer>Troubleshoot>advanced options>command prompt. the command is chkdsk /f. Not sure how much this will help, but if you are having hard disk problems this will find them and attempt to repair them. After this runs and it might take awhile try to reinstall following this. Reinstall Windows 10 with this media. Something is hanging up, maybe this will get it working.
    I have tried chkdsk, and it had found problems. But when I use chkdsk /f it cannot fix because the volume is write protected
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    25 Oct 2015 #18
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Posts : 1
    Dual Boot 10 Pro v1607 10 Pro rs2 build 14971

    Since you can't repair install or reinstall maybe you could use a Linux environment to recover your files before doing a clean install. Sorry I couldn't help. Good luck.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    25 Oct 2015 #19
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 17
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
    Since you can't repair install or reinstall maybe you could use a Linux environment to recover your files before doing a clean install. Sorry I couldn't help. Good luck.
    That's OK. I'm very determined to get this working do I will continue to search. But thank you for your help, I appreciate it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    08 Nov 2015 #20
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 1
    multi boot

    I may have a solution
    Choose Troubleshoot - Advanced Options - Startup settings
    After rebooting press F1 (start windows with kernel debug)
    This allowed me to enter the desktop , however in the next reboot , automatic repair popped up again .
    So I used EasyBCD (ver.2.3) to edit the boot settings .
    Start the program - go to Advanced settings - choose tab Developer - check the option "start windows with kernel debug" - save your settings . This made the effect permanent .
    I don't know why this problem showed up . My system (a 10 upgrade over a win 7 x64 installation) was working fine and still does .
    Hope this helps .
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Preparing Automatic Repair Problem
Guys, my laptop (Acer Win 10) is looping Automatic Repair and Diagnosing this PC. After that it shows your PC cannot be repaired, then loops again and again. I tried to start with (7) in troubleshoot -> startup and it works. But when I restart it...
Performance & Maintenance
Windows 10 Preparing Automatic Repair loop
Hi everyone. Recently I got a new gaming PC which came with windows 7. The day after i upgraded to windows 10 and it was working fine. Yesterday i was using my PC and then the task bar disappeared so i decided to restart the computer to try and...
General Support
Windows 10 automatic repair loop
I'm trying to resolve an issue with a Windows 10 desktop, HP small form factor purchased with OEM Win 7. Windows Update suggested Windows 10 and now the machine boots to the automatic repair screen but there is no mouse or keyboard function where...
General Support
Preparing Automatic repair continuing saga
I keep getting the "Preparing Automatic Repair" comment and the related "diagnosing your PC' Etc" , along with the dreadful slow restart. I've searched the forum for an answer and it appears the only real solution to this is to reset Windows 10 and...
Performance & Maintenance
Updated to Windows 10 from 8.1, Automatic Repair loop
A client of mine recently installed Windows 10 update and his PC wont boot now. Its an HP so after POST it immediately goes to HP diagnosing the problem and loops back to Automatic Repair. Are there any options other than starting over with a...
Installation and Upgrade
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums