Windows 10: new win10 upgrade. no raxco instant recovery boot up progress bar

  1.    18 Oct 2015 #1

    new win10 upgrade. no raxco instant recovery boot up progress bar


    hi all,
    i just upgraded to win10. at boot up, my raxco instant recovery app is supposed to initiate a progress bar that gives you 10 seconds to click f1 in case you are having a problem, and you can retreat to a different snapshot. the progress bar isn't materializing. does anyone know how i can correct this. i didn't have this problem in win7.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. Word Man's Avatar
    Posts : 1,177
    Windows 10 Home
       18 Oct 2015 #2

    twl845 said: View Post
    hi all,
    i just upgraded to win10. at boot up, my raxco instant recovery app is supposed to initiate a progress bar that gives you 10 seconds to click f1 in case you are having a problem, and you can retreat to a different snapshot. the progress bar isn't materializing. does anyone know how i can correct this. i didn't have this problem in win7.
    Haven't used them since the original FD-ISR days with XP myself but you'll probably get a lot more guidance with the guys like Panagiotis and others (maybe Peter or Froggie) over at Wilders - have you reached out to them yet?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3.    18 Oct 2015 #3

    Word Man said: View Post
    Haven't used them since the original FD-ISR days with XP myself but you'll probably get a lot more guidance with the guys like Panagiotis and others (maybe Peter or Froggie) over at Wilders - have you reached out to them yet?
    I contacted Pete and he said to do the update to build 310 which is compatible with WIN10. I don't know if that will make my progress bar appear though. Thanks for the response.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. Word Man's Avatar
    Posts : 1,177
    Windows 10 Home
       18 Oct 2015 #4

    twl845 said: View Post
    I contacted Pete and he said to do the update to build 310 which is compatible with WIN10. I don't know if that will make my progress bar appear though. Thanks for the response.
    Only other thing I recall (and don't if it's the same in the current incarnation of IR) is that there was a fix boot option under the File menu in original FD-ISR - perhaps that's still there? In any event, yes, I know at Wilders they were awaiting a Win10 update this summer and apparently that would be build 310.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5.    18 Oct 2015 #5

    Word Man said: View Post
    Only other thing I recall (and don't if it's the same in the current incarnation of IR) is that there was a fix boot option under the File menu in original FD-ISR - perhaps that's still there? In any event, yes, I know at Wilders they were awaiting a Win10 update this summer and apparently that would be build 310.
    OK thanks.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Solved Upgrade to Win10 on a dual-boot machine in Installation and Setup
For some work that I am still doing after retirement I need a dual boot machine consequently my Windows 7 Ultimate lives alongside Ubuntu 12.04 with a shared data partition. Does anyone know if it will be safe to upgrade to Windows 10 without...
What does the Win10 Recovery contain? in Performance & Maintenance
Hi folks - I just set up Win10 this week and created my recovery onto a USB. Does anyone know if it contains drivers and applications that were set up before this was performed? Hopefully it does. Thanks!
Hi, I have a dual boot set up - Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on an SSD drive and Windows 8.1 on a second hard drive. I would like to upgrade Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and keep the Windows 7 OS in tact. Is this possible? Can I just go through the...
I have just installed the free windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 home premium. I have used the file history program to create a USB and a DVD recovery disk prior to creating a system image ( not done yet ) I tried to test the recovery but it does...
I was running Win7 off of a 64gig SSD. It was full and I knew I should upgrade it before I went to Win10 so I used a cloning tool to clone the C drive and hidden partition to a new 240gig SSD. I removed the old drive and restarted. Everything...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:52.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums