The most ridiculous Windows after WinME and Vista

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 35
    Windows 10
       #1

    The most ridiculous Windows after WinME and Vista


    Who Agrees that this Windows is the worst upgrade since Windows 7?

    I can't stop facing issues with this Windows 10, it's another WinME or Vista.

    First of all I have one of those super freaky PCs which I even sold my shoes for it. But with Windows 10 it makes it act like a normal PC

    1- Performance is -1/10 , not snappy, login takes time, unlocking takes time, and all what Microsoft Engineers can say is check your drivers. (We are not stupid to wait you for such a silly suggestion, better you go and fix your issues)

    2- Multiple monitor wallpapers is not there anymore in GUI but you can reach it with a command!!!! Were you sleeping when you missed it? or taking your lunch!!

    3- You set an option and sometimes it doesn't take effect till you restart, I just took off the option for my monitors not to sleep (Never), and they still sleep till I did a restart.

    I can't remember all the issues, but all I can say that Microsoft it's time to take your customers more seriously, and it's time to change your ICDL engineers to make a better stable system. I swear if I don't play games and in need of Windows I would take it off long time.
      My Computer

  2. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 17,434
    Windows 10 Pro
       #2

    KasperKyd said:
    Who Agrees that this Windows is the worst upgrade since Windows 7?
    Not me. Windows 10 is by far the best OS I have ever used or seen.

    KasperKyd said:
    I can't stop facing issues with this Windows 10, it's another WinME or Vista.
    Never tried ME but I had no issues with Vista. It was a good OS, ahead its time, served me well.

    KasperKyd said:
    First of all I have one of those super freaky PCs which I even sold my shoes for it. But with Windows 10 it makes it act like a normal PC
    You cannot expect that a high end PC would work as a dream straight after you have installed Windows 10. You need to be active, find out about the hardware drivers and such.

    KasperKyd said:
    1- Performance is -1/10 , not snappy, login takes time, unlocking takes time, and all what Microsoft Engineers can say is check your drivers. (We are not stupid to wait you for such a silly suggestion, better you go and fix your issues)
    If a hardware driver does not work or is not found is hardly Microsoft's fault. For instance, if your GPU requires specific drivers you need to get them from your GPU manufacturer.

    KasperKyd said:
    2- Multiple monitor wallpapers is not there anymore in GUI but you can reach it with a command!!!! Were you sleeping when you missed it? or taking your lunch!!
    Works like a charm. Just select a multiple display wallpaper from Settings > Personalization > Themes and that's it.

    KasperKyd said:
    3- You set an option and sometimes it doesn't take effect till you restart, I just took off the option for my monitors not to sleep (Never), and they still sleep till I did a restart.
    OK, fair point: of course the operating system sucks if you need to reboot for a change in settings to be applied.



    KasperKyd said:
    I can't remember all the issues, but all I can say that Microsoft it's time to take your customers more seriously, and it's time to change your ICDL engineers to make a better stable system. I swear if I don't play games and in need of Windows I would take it off long time.
    I can remember all the issues: too fast, too reliable, too damn good!

    By the way, nobody forces you to use Windows. it's your choice; if you are not satisfied, why not buy a Mac or start using Linux?

    Kari
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 46
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
       #3

    There was nothing wrong with Windows 7 and there is nothing wrong with Windows 10. It is way better than 7 for gaming and you can't beat the price! Also no one forced you to install it.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 321
    Windows
       #4

    The most ridiculous Windows ...
    Disagree, sorry. Using a Surface 3, the intel (cpu) atom x7-z8700 sells for $35.00 and
    has a power rating of 2 watts and boots in 20 seconds.

    Login and unlocking are instantaneous,
    ... I run a 90" projector screen off this tablet, nice!
    Touch features are incredible.
    Internal videos are flawless. DVD's run beautifully from an external player.
    System is totally stable.

    Perhaps others can help you.
    I am posting this on a Chromebook at a donut shop :).
    My internet disconnected home PC is the Surface 3.
    Last edited by nt62; 09 Oct 2015 at 12:27.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 35
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Of course Kari no one is forcing me and if you read what I wrote I need for my GAMES, and I understand that you won't agree since you're a Microsoft Community Contributor, but thanks anyway for your time LOL

    Regarding Settings > Personalization > Themes, are you using Windows 10? please go and try to find it :)

    Kari said:
    Not me. Windows 10 is by far the best OS I have ever used or seen.


    Never tried ME but I had no issues with Vista. It was a good OS, ahead its time, served me well.


    You cannot expect that a high end PC would work as a dream straight after you have installed Windows 10. You need to be active, find out about the hardware drivers and such.

    If a hardware driver does not work or is not found is hardly Microsoft's fault. For instance, if your GPU requires specific drivers you need to get them from your GPU manufacturer.


    Works like a charm. Just select a multiple display wallpaper from Settings > Personalization > Themes and that's it.

    OK, fair point: of course the operating sucks if you need to reboot for a change in settings to be applied.




    I can remember all the issues: too fast, too reliable, too damn good!

    By the way, nobody forces you to use Windows. it's your choice; if you are not satisfied, why not buy a Mac or start using Linux?

    Kari
      My Computer

  6. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 17,434
    Windows 10 Pro
       #6

    KasperKyd said:
    Of course Kari no one is forcing me and if you read what I wrote I need for my GAMES, and I understand that you won't agree since you're a Microsoft Community Contributor, but thanks anyway for your time LOL
    I post nothing because I am an MS Community Contributor. I have that badge because I am occasionally right in advising users .

    I responded to your post as a fellow user, telling my point of view for your so called issues. I did not response as a Windows 10 fan or in any other role than a simple Windows 10 user.

    Kari
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 193
    Windows 10 Pro
       #7

    Many people, including myself, installed W10 on a new system and it works almost perfectly, showing that it does have the capability of being a good OS. I suspect that many who have issues with W10 have done upgrades from previous versions which also may have had problems.
      My Computer

  8. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 17,434
    Windows 10 Pro
       #8

    Kanata said:
    Many people, including myself, installed W10 on a new system and it works almost perfectly, showing that it does have the capability of being a good OS. I suspect that many who have issues with W10 have done upgrades from previous versions which also may have had problems.
    That is a good and valid point.

    Also, as I mentioned earlier, especially those using highly customized high end machines need to remember that Windows works only as well as its installed devices; if your Super-Multi-Gamer's-Paradise-GPU is not working as you'd expect, you need to get the correct drivers for it. Microsoft is not nor could it ever be responsible for all third party hardware devices; it's up to hardware manufacturers to provide the correct drivers.

    It's not company A's fault if the company B's hardware does not work.
      My Computer

  9. NavyLCDR's Avatar
    Posts : 15,515
    Windows 10 Pro
       #9

    KasperKyd said:
    Who Agrees that this Windows is the worst upgrade since Windows 7?
    Not I. Just the opposite. Windows 10 has been the best Windows OS I have used and I started with MSDOS 5.x and was a beta tester for every version of Windows from Windows 95 through Windows 7. Windows 10 has even made a couple of my very low end netbook and laptop computers tolerable now.

    Kanata said:
    Many people, including myself, installed W10 on a new system and it works almost perfectly, showing that it does have the capability of being a good OS. I suspect that many who have issues with W10 have done upgrades from previous versions which also may have had problems.
    I must disagree with your first point of installing on new systems. I think most people have probably installed Windows 10 on old systems, as I have done. And Windows 10 has brought life back into my old systems. But I do agree, I think a lot of problems have been upgrades over previous (possibly hidden) problems.
      My Computer

  10. DustSailor's Avatar
    Posts : 463
    Windows 10 Home and Pro
       #10

    Hey mate,

    First I want to thank you for voicing your opinion, because if you hadn't, it is very likely the issues wouldn't get fixed!
    So if you encounter ANY issues, please PLEASE just post, and these guys will jump to help out. But for your current issues, let me give you a few tips that might get you going.

    - These guys are absolutely right.. you HAVE to get the correct drivers to experience 10 as it was meant to be. Drivers will speed up your system, potentially fixing your other issue with login times! Not only that, but they are responsible for stability and more.
    - Quite a few people recommend a clean install after an upgrade, since it will start you off fresh. Some people don't need it.. but you're having issues, so you might consider giving it a shot (and drivers installed afterwards, of course): Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums
    -any other problems, we can help!
      My Computer


 
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:14.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums