Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1.    09 Oct 2015 #21
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 35
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Personalisation seems as a bug for me too Loooool
    Anyway, you're talking about themes here (which is downloaded and I don't have it), but I'm talking about changing Desktop background simply as in previous Windows which is missing here in 10.. It's not removed in 10 because you can reach it still with "control /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper" command but it's missing in GUI. Copy and paste that in RUN and I'm pretty sure you will know what I'm talking about exactly

    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Yes, of course I am using Windows 10, I see no reason not to use this best ever OS. It seems that you have some issues in understanding simple stuff, maybe Windows 10 is a bit beyond your capabilities?
    (Before you say something about S instead of Z, I have the UK English Windows 10 meaning it's Personalisation for me instead of Personalization.)

    Nice Panoramic (dual display) themes for Windows 10: Themes - Microsoft Windows
    Last edited by KasperKyd; 09 Oct 2015 at 17:11.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    09 Oct 2015 #22
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 35
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    And they still blame my drivers which are all updated from manufacturers LOL

    Quote Originally Posted by larc919 View Post
    If Microsoft never did anything wrong, they wouldn't need to issue so many updates. The limited problems I have with 10 are essentially the same on 3 boxes and a laptop, with different hardware and mostly different software.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    09 Oct 2015 #23
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    SoCal, USA
    Posts : 463
    Windows 10 Home and Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by larc919 View Post
    If Microsoft never did anything wrong, they wouldn't need to issue so many updates. The limited problems I have with 10 are essentially the same on 3 boxes and a laptop, with different hardware and mostly different software.

    Careful, mate. You're implying that I said or implied that Microsoft never does anything wrong. That is a discrediting statement, and one I never made
    Last edited by DustSailor; 09 Oct 2015 at 16:20. Reason: Wrong quote (lol), correcting grammar
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    09 Oct 2015 #24
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 35
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Then Microsoft shouldn't call it an upgrade and just release it as clean installation version. And it would be better for them to keep it for little longer instead of giving you the 6 weeks fixing. Anyway wasn't my subject, all I wanted is Microsoft to listen and fix not to come with silly solutions and act with us like we've using Windows yesterday.

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    Ok Dusty, you beat me on the reply I was going to ask him if he has done a Clean install yet myself. I didn't right away myself, and tried fixing the problems I was having without doing a clean install, Mainly because of all my registered apps that I would have to re-install, and finding all their keys that I would need to activate each app. I did almost get windows 10 running pretty well after spending weeks tweaking things, changing drivers, and lots of other changes, spent about 5 to 6 weeks doing this. I am stubborn.
    Finally even thou I had my windows running pretty well, it still had a few bugs that I couldn't fix, no matter what I tried. I ended up doing a clean install and my Windows 10 Pro, has been running the BEST I've seen in weeks!!! I didn't want to give in, but a lot of your guys kept telling me if I did a clean install my computer would run a lot better, and know what.... You guys were RIGHT!!!
    Maybe some computers can get away with just updating your computer, but I do think now, doing a clean install is the BEST way to actually see just how good Windows 10 can run on your computer, no matter if its 7 years old, or 1 year old. Clean install AFTER your computer is activated, is the BEST way to go. Sooner or later, you'll have to accept this Windows 10 is gonna be the last OS Microsoft releases for a very long time, might as well jump on the bus now. All the bitching won't help, trust me I know.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    09 Oct 2015 #25
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Wolves, England
    Posts : 1,634
    W7 Pro x64 | W10 IP x64 | Linux Mint VM

    Quote Originally Posted by KasperKyd View Post
    Anyway, you're talking about themes here (which is downloaded and I don't have it), but I'm talking about changing Desktop background simply as in previous Windows which is missing here in 10.. It's not removed in 10 because you can reach it still with "control /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper" command but it's missing in GUI. Try that and I'm pretty sure you will know what I'm talking about exactly
    No it's not. I have no idea what you're talking about.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wallpapers 1.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	194.7 KB 
ID:	41956
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    09 Oct 2015 #26
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 9,552
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by KasperKyd View Post
    Anyway wasn't my subject, all I wanted is Microsoft to listen and fix not to come with silly solutions and act with us like we've using Windows yesterday.
    Have you communicated with Microsoft about it?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    09 Oct 2015 #27
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 35
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Yep me and a lot others with same delayed login and lockin' and they are just stuck to "update your drivers" like machines

    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Have you communicated with Microsoft about it?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    09 Oct 2015 #28
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    SoCal, USA
    Posts : 463
    Windows 10 Home and Pro

    Perhaps it is because I had the same problem, I updated my drivers, and the problem disappeared. Logins are fast now. Likely you have an older computer
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    09 Oct 2015 #29
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 35
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    I'm talking about this window here

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	763.0 KB 
ID:	41957

    Quote Originally Posted by Boozad View Post
    No it's not. I have no idea what you're talking about.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wallpapers 1.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	194.7 KB 
ID:	41956
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    09 Oct 2015 #30
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Wolves, England
    Posts : 1,634
    W7 Pro x64 | W10 IP x64 | Linux Mint VM

    You said 'changing desktop background simply' is missing in Windows 10, and in the GUI. It's not.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Ridiculous installation requirement
In the middle of the W10 installation MS asks for your email in order to send you a control number. This number you have to insert if you want to complete the installation. What does the person who has only this one PC and no other access to the...
Installation and Upgrade
Can somebody help me find the Windows Vista wallpapers?
I'm talking about the pictures that are installed by default, I'm dying to find them again.
Chillout Room
Replacement for Vista's Windows DVD Maker program
Coming from Windows Vista to Windows 10. Have used both the Windows Movie Maker and Windows DVD Maker on Vista. I see there is a compatible version of Windows Movie Maker available for W10 and I have installed it. However, I'll be darned if I can...
Software and Apps
Windows 10 recognised as Vista ?
I just realized that certain programs recognize it as Vista. For example, I had to manually install all the drivers on my laptop because Lenovo System Update recognized it as Vista, and installing Vista drivers on 10 was not possible. Now Tomb...
General Support
Microsoft Confirms Windows 10 Will Work on Vista PCs
More
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:12.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums