Windows 10: I can not open command prompt.

  1.    04 Oct 2015 #1

    I can not open command prompt.


    I can not open command prompt. Every time I open it I got error message come up.

    The message is said [ The application is not start up right Press OK to close]

      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 628
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       04 Oct 2015 #2

    Try this tutorial and see if it helps

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

    If it does not help post the results here
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    04 Oct 2015 #3

    sml156 said: View Post
    Try this tutorial and see if it helps

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

    If it does not help post the results here
    @sml156 Thank you for your replay but I try all 8 method still not work
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 5,703
    Windows 10 Pro X64 16299.192
       04 Oct 2015 #4

    Run these commands from a Elevated Command Prompt, see if that fixes the problem:

    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    SFC /scannow

      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    04 Oct 2015 #5

    Ztruker said: View Post
    Run these commands from a Elevated Command Prompt, see if that fixes the problem:

    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    SFC /scannow


    Can she do that if she can't open a command prompt?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 11,777
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       04 Oct 2015 #6

    Rocky said: View Post
    Can she do that if she can't open a command prompt?
    No, but they can be run from Powershell(admin)
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 628
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       04 Oct 2015 #7

    Note   Note
    These are the same instruction's to run a command prompt as administrator - But instead of typing cmd you have to type Powershell


    Press the Windows + S keys, type Powershell ,
    When Powershell shows up in the search results, right click or press and hold on it, then click/tap on Run as administrator.

    Then follow these instructions
    Ztruker said: View Post
    Run these commands from a Elevated Command Prompt, see if that fixes the problem:

    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    SFC /scannow

      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
How to Open a Command Prompt at Boot in Windows 10 A command prompt is an entry point for typing computer commands in the Command Prompt window. By typing commands at the command prompt, you can perform tasks on your computer without using the...
General Tips Open Command Prompt in Windows 10 in Tutorials
A command prompt is an entry point for typing computer commands in the Command Prompt window. By typing commands at the command prompt, you can perform tasks on your computer without using the Windows graphical interface. This tutorial will show...
A command prompt is an entry point for typing computer commands in the Command Prompt window. By typing commands in an elevated command prompt, you can perform tasks that require administrator rights on your computer without using the Windows...
I changed Command Prompt on my Taskbar so when I click on it, it opens as Administrator. That sets the default directory as C:\WINDOWS\system32 which I don't like, since any files I create that do not have a path specified will be created there. ...
Solved Command Prompt in General Support
How to call up "command Prompt (Admin) from the "run" dialog box win 10 Home?
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:08.
Find Us