Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1.    29 Sep 2015 #41
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 91
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by hTconeM9user View Post
    Yes all waiting with baited breath to help him or her that is if they ever come back to post lol
    I believe that is why he came here--for help.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    29 Sep 2015 #42
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 20
    window
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    Ok.. well then. Enjoy your stay.
    That doesn't make sense ... but whatever. .
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    29 Sep 2015 #43
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by LexG View Post
    You assumed that I wasn't here earlier, because you thought I was some windows 10 hater, who just wanted to put a flame post on here - right ? Sorry, but you're wrong ...

    Yes it could be that there are driver issues, but I had tried all versions and the issues were so random and strange that it just didn't work out ... My goal, by posting my experience, was to give others insight.

    Also, I am running windows 7 again right now, so I am not looking to resolve any more issues with windows 10 ... If you had read the final part of my post, that would be clear too ...

    As far as my reaction goes about all the 'silly' replies to my post ... yes, I expected that to happen when I noticed that I accidentally hit submit (probably with my had on the pad, because I reached for something - it can happen) and right after that the computer rebooted. Why did I expect that ? Well ,because it's human nature to be that way. Did it bother me ? Not really, but that doesn't hold me from saying what I want about it ...
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    Ok.. well then. Enjoy your stay.
    Quote Originally Posted by LexG View Post
    That doesn't make sense ... but whatever. .
    Alright then, I personally don't care if you came here to rant, you're allowed to if you're having issues with WIn10, I have done this at times. The Ok was just a way of saying that I don't care about your comments aimed at me, I didn't mind them but I don't want to get into any discussion that might get nasty for any reason.

    And I made a solid recommendation that the drivers for your laptop are not working and from the post by @Cliff S I think that there aren't any that might cut it for Win10. SO sticking with Win7 is your best bet for the time being.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    29 Sep 2015 #44
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 20
    window
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    Alright then, I personally don't care if you came here to rant, you're allowed to if you're having issues with WIn10, I have done this at times. The Ok was just a way of saying that I don't care about your comments aimed at me, I didn't mind them but I don't want to get into any discussion that might get nasty for any reason.

    And I made a solid recommendation that the drivers for your laptop are not working and from the post by @Cliff S I think that there aren't any that might cut it for Win10. SO sticking with Win7 is your best bet for the time being.
    Isn't that what I've been saying all along ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    29 Sep 2015 #45
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by LexG View Post
    Isn't that what I've been saying all along ?
    Ah.. I'm here to help members. I gave you advice and so did @Cliff S. Take it for what it's worth,.

    Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    29 Sep 2015 #46
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 18,001
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Jeff leave it. He just wants to argue with you. He hasn't answered or commented on what I or Gary or Donald wrote.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    29 Sep 2015 #47
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 105
    Dual boot: Win 10 Home; Win 8.1 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff S View Post
    Jeff leave it. He just wants to argue with you. He hasn't answered or commented on what I or Gary or Donald wrote.
    Will the OP mark this as solved now, given that Dan and Cliff have addressed the issues and likely provided the only resolution available at this time?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    29 Sep 2015 #48
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 91
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by PlatypusKnight View Post
    Will the OP mark this as solved now, given that Dan and Cliff have addressed the issues and likely provided the only resolution available at this time?
    That would be a great thing to do. If he is going to stay with Windows 7, he always can try Win 10 maybe in November when that RV1 or whatever it is called updates the RTM.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    29 Sep 2015 #49
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Poole Dorset UK
    Posts : 2,562
    Windows 10 x64 Home Version(1709) Build16299.98

    If he does not hopefully admin will or a mod will.
    A member I helped earlier did do that as we solved his problem.
    Now if anyone else has his problem they will know what to download and how to do it
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    30 Oct 2015 #50
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 1
    Windows 10

    server not found error - Microsoft should disclose this problem


    Hi everybody,

    I am having the same problem with my and my Aunt's PC, internet freezes, and sporadic "server not found error" messages.

    I have halted any new recommendations or my own installations of Windows 10 until a fix is forthcoming. I recommended a Dell I7 to my 82 year old Aunt once she finally decided she had gotten all she could out of her old XP machine. I then went ahead and upgraded it to Windows 10 so she would only have one new learning experience. The Windows 10 upgrade was from Windows 7 Pro on a brand new Dell Inspiron 3847 with an I7 processor. Due to it being my call on the upgrade, I am now obliged to assist my elderly Aunt with the problems she has encountered, it's the right thing to do (Microsoft).

    I am having the same exact problems with "server not found error" messages on my Lenovo I5 machine along with some of the other instability and crash problems listed in the a fore mentioned nightmare.

    I have been looking around for others notes on the web about the "server not found error" and was beginning to wonder why Microsoft appears to be hiding any references to this error on the internet instead of acknowledging it order to save their customers many hours of grief and lost wages attempting to resolve it.

    I have halted any new installations of Windows 10 until a fix is forthcoming.

    Microsoft needs to address this problem and warn others that rely on their computers for income and livelihood in order to support and feed their families.

    As far as the jokers out here, I am an IT guy myself for 40 years now. I work in IT on IBM mid-ranges currently, I am experienced in Mainframes originally writing in assembler language and also PC programming, I have written in many languages over the years including the more current C++, C, Visual Basic, and SQL.

    I doubt seriously you have much on me but I do like to spend time with my family as they grow up and move out. I do expect the software I use to be reliable and that I not have to take away time from my family fixing problems that should have been addressed before being released aggressively with with much fanfare.

    Another words your jokes fall lame for those of us with little time to waste knowing that more time will be spent resolving problems that Microsoft did not. Ha Ha.





    This post will list all the troubles that I have encountered while upgrading from windows 7 Pro. to Windows 10 this pas 2 weeks.

    I am using an Asus N71Jq laptop :

    - Intel Core I7 Q720 1.6 Ghz / 4 Gigs of RAM
    - AMD mobility Radeon 5730 graphics card
    - Atheros AR 9285 wireless adapter

    ---------------------------------- LOL -------------------

    Here goes nothing ... I am using a windows 7 machine now, so it'll be okay I had been installing SP1 when the computer restarted and cut my first posting attempt off ...

    After the upgrade from 7 to windows 10
    --------------------------------------------
    Problems : Black screen on startup. After hooking up a TV through HDMI, I got a screen. Thinking that it was a driver issue, I tried all versions for my gfx card and none solved the problem. After 3 days of irritation I decided to play with the brightness levels. What happened ? Turned out that below 75% of brightness the screen goes black and above that point, I have max. brightness. I solved it by setting the brightness through the catalyst control center. No a great solution, but it worked.

    Before long I was experiencing other problems though. The computer gave me random MACHINE EXCEPTION ERRORS or just froze on me for no reason. Eventually I was not able to boot up anymore at all. This is when I decided to do my first clean install.

    Clean install number 1
    -------------------------
    After downloading the ISO files and burning them to a disc I installed windows 10 clean - but this time on a SSD (I was so fed up with reboots, that I needed some speed). To my surprise (or not really), the same problems persisted. Bad brightness control, random freezes and random machine exception errors. But that was not all. I also had an unstable wireless connection now. The connection is at random 'limited' and at random gave me a server not found error. No version for the atheros adapter worked to solve it, nor did any fix that I found on the web. I tried it through different networks and different routers. Same problem. The weird thing is that after the upgrade, the connection was stable. After the clean install, it was crappy.

    A few random freezes later (over the course of a couple of days) rendered the system so unstable that I was considering to go back to windows 7. But Silly me didn't, instead I decided to give it 'one last try' and do another clean install (because you never know .. lol ..)

    Clean install number 2
    -------------------------
    Same shit (but faster reboots). Same connectivity problems, same brightness problem etc. But now also an activation problem! I noticed that windows 10 was not activated, while after the upgrade it automatically activated itself. So I called microsoft and they gave me an activation key. B.t.w. I had to call them 4 times, because their phone lines suck.
    The activation key worked though.

    Problem was, that the system was still unstable. I didn't have a good internet connection and windows 10 was starting to give me machine exception errors again. Eventually I decided that I was going to roll back to windows 7 and leave it with that. So I popped in my other HD (not the SSD) and booted up the 'upgraded' version of windows 10 and went into the settings.

    Rolling back ?
    ----------------------------
    So I go into the recovery settings and there is the rollback option. I click it and windows 10 tells me that 'the files that are need to go back to windows 7' are not there. It tells me that I 'cannot go back to my previous windows version'. Great !
    So I call microsoft and they tell me that the I probably removed the windows.old directory. This is not the case though, because the windows.old directory is right there on the HDD - and this drive has been out of the computer for about a week !

    The reason I did a clean install on the SSD was because the first MS employee told me that : 'windows 10 is hooked to your motherboard and chipset.' This would mean that I can switch hard drives as I like. Now that I am trying to roll back and it's not working, a second MS employee tells me : 'windows is hooked to all your hardware, also the HDDs'. But even so, it should not matter, because the hardware configuration is exactly the same as it was after I upgraded the first time.

    So, to make am even longer story short : I had to use my recovery partition on my HDD in order to reinstall windows 7 and get out of the windows 10 nightmare that I was in. Nothing seemed to work right with the upgrade and nothing seemed to work right after a clean install. Maybe reading this post will help others decide if they really want to upgrade to windows 10 just yet, or give it some time, because as it seems to me : windows 10 is still a very unstable system with many issues.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by jlfliberty; 30 Oct 2015 at 07:37.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Reinstalled 3 times because unstable - now it wont activate anymore !
Hello, I am 1 step away from throwing my laptop out of the window! After upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10 and experiencing a whole shitload of problems with graphic card drivers and wifi connections, I decided to clean install windows...
Windows Updates and Activation
restart is nightmare for installation!
Nine times I have failed in installing Windows 10. When I reach the circle and percent screen and Copying Files is done, the computer restarts. When it loads back, surely the blue Windows sign and the loop appear. Then they disappear. Then a black...
Installation and Upgrade
Windows 10 Patch Strategy: IT Dream Or Nightmare?
Source A Guy
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:52.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums