Question? Have you installed Win 10 and use it everyday?

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
  1. jadinolf's Avatar
    Posts : 7,261
    Windows 10 Home
       #31

    AddRAM said:
    You have not missed anything, 8 is garbage
    That's good to know.:)
      My Computer

  2. paulsalter's Avatar
    Posts : 23,195
    Windows 10
       #32

    I use it for about 1 to 2 hours per day, reading things in the apps, checking internet and email (general things I do first thing on a morning)

    After that I am glad to go back to Windows 8, as the workflow for me is much nicer

    When the consumer version comes out I might use 10 a lot more
      My Computer

  3. caperjack's Avatar
    Posts : 5,046
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       #33

    jadinolf said:
    That's good to know.:)
    also good to know not everyone feels that way,i use win8.x.x since the beginning when it was just win8,and really like it
      My Computer

  4. jadinolf's Avatar
    Posts : 7,261
    Windows 10 Home
       #34

    caperjack said:
    also good to know not everyone feels that way,i use win8.x.x since the beginning when it was just win8,and really like it
    Yes, I have a friend who loves it.
      My Computer

  5. BlueGuy's Avatar
    Posts : 34
       #35

    jimbo45 said:
    Hi there.

    Anybody who uses a Technical preview as a "Production" computer - either doesn't really NEED a computer or .......................

    Enjoy testing - but as a production OS -- not yet. !!!!

    Cheers
    jimbo
    I'm with you Jim, lamenting that currently I don't have a spare machine or even enough spare parts to slap one together.
    However I am enjoying reading about others' experiences and viewing their screen-shots.
    For the spring-boarders from the 7 forum, there is enough common cause here that hopefully, M$ will listen to those who are testing.
    In the meantime, all I can do is hope my situation changes before April so I can check it out for myself, or just wait for the retail release.
    :)
    Last edited by BlueGuy; 13 Oct 2014 at 07:37.
      My Computer

  6. Joan Archer's Avatar
    Posts : 2,169
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit
       #36

    I'm using it in VMware, I'm posting from it now, I don't use it all the time though as I'm still finding my way around sorting out what I want installed on it. I like it and hopefully will buy it if the price is right when it comes out, it would be great if they did a deal the same as they did for Winows 7. I'd much prefer to have a full retail copy.
      My Computers

  7. Superfly's Avatar
    Posts : 3,328
       #37

    Edwin said:
    Using Windows (10) Technical Preview, (is it called Windows 10 officially yet, or not?), every day; enjoy it a lot, surprisingly way more stable than I thought it would be.
    As far as I can tell, nowhere within the system are there any references to "Windows 10"

    If the key SKU designations are anything to go by... Technical preview is referred to as Win Next Pre-Release which only has OEM SKU's viz. CSL, CountrySpecific, CoreConnected etc ( - that probably explains why we are using Windows 8 keys for this release) - others are named merely Win Next ( has Starter and Professional - no Core SKU that I can see)

    We'll see what new builds have in store :)
      My Computer

  8. badrobot's Avatar
    Posts : 5,258
    Win 10 Pro x64
       #38

    BlueGuy said:
    I'm with you Jim, lamenting that currently I don't have a spare machine or even enough spare parts to slap one together.
    However I am enjoying reading about others' experiences and viewing their screen-shots.
    For the spring-boarders from the 7 forum, there is enough common cause here that hopefully, M$ will listen to those who are testing.
    In the meantime, all I can do is hope my situation changes before April so I can check it out for myself, or just wait for the retail release.
    :)

    Are you using a laptop or a desktop?
      My Computer

  9. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,060
    Windows 10
       #39

    Superfly said:
    As far as I can tell, nowhere within the system are there any references to "Windows 10"

    If the key SKU designations are anything to go by... Technical preview is referred to as Win Next Pre-Release which only has OEM SKU's viz. CSL, CountrySpecific, CoreConnected etc ( - that probably explains why we are using Windows 8 keys for this release) - others are named merely Win Next ( has Starter and Professional - no Core SKU that I can see)

    We'll see what new builds have in store :)
    K, we'll call it by it's current 'official' name, (WTP), for now!

    Question? Have you installed Win 10 and use it everyday?-000013.png
      My Computer

  10. BunnyJ's Avatar
    Posts : 22,727
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #40

    jimbo45 said:
    Hi there.

    Anybody who uses a Technical preview as a "Production" computer - either doesn't really NEED a computer or perhaps they should go and join the I.T depts. of either those Banks that seem to have their ATM's out of service because of releasing untested software into production or get a job at one of those Governmental I.T projects where several BILLION dollars of hard earned taxpayers money are spent and totally wasted as the system is abandoned part way through.

    I'm all in favour of TESTING machines - or even PARALLEL running stuff - sooner or later a cutover from one system to the other will be done but to use "in your day job" an untried OS which expires in April seems to me the height of idiocy.

    For starters one doesn't know what security flaws are in it or what data is being collected and sent to who knows where. I have NO problems with Ms wanting to gather as much info as possible about the performance scenarios of their OS, what hardware it's running on, what problems are encountered etc. But I CERTAINLY DO NOT want things like Bank details etc being collected - even if Ms is doing this by accident.

    Having adequate backup should be a given anyway whatever OS is being used - but there's a HUGE difference in a home user restoring a few GB of data to a major Bank having to switch systems and possibly recover several PB of data. (Peta bytes -- 1PB - 1000 X 1 TB).

    Enjoy testing - but as a production OS -- not yet. !!!!

    Cheers
    jimbo
    First off I need a computer and I use Windows 10 as my daily OS.
    Second, I've worked at quite a few IT shops to understand what disaster recovery is all about and I have my system fully set up to restore it in about one hour from nothing.

    IMO, I have zero concerns about my banking information being on my current Windows 10 PC. I'm having lots of fun and using Windows 10 as my production OS.
      My Computer


 
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:17.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums