Windows 10: Question? Have you installed Win 10 and use it everyday?

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
  1.    15 Nov 2014 #141

    Not saying its not possible but I've never seen them able to affect each other at all when booted independently. Lets look for other cases.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    16 Nov 2014 #142

    Ok.. Bad experience yesterday. Build 9879 just laid an egg so I went back to Win8 as my primary.
    Later on this week I'll set up Build 9879 as a dual boot and see how it goes.

    Bummer..
    Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    16 Nov 2014 #143

    I've got 9879 on my desktop AIO in a dual-boot setup, but I sure don't use it everyday.

    9879 took out my numeric keypad which I never could get back and the new OneDrive crap just doesn't cut the mustard. And that reminded me that even MS said there would be issues along the way. So W10TP will be a 'boot occasionally and keep up to date with latest build', but not for every day use.

    All that said, the bulk of the paths they are taking with it are nearly spot on and I certainly am looking forward to see how it all jells out.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    16 Nov 2014 #144

    lparsons21 said: View Post
    I've got 9879 on my desktop AIO in a dual-boot setup, but I sure don't use it everyday.

    9879 took out my numeric keypad which I never could get back and the new OneDrive crap just doesn't cut the mustard. And that reminded me that even MS said there would be issues along the way. So W10TP will be a 'boot occasionally and keep up to date with latest build', but not for every day use.

    All that said, the bulk of the paths they are taking with it are nearly spot on and I certainly am looking forward to see how it all jells out.
    I found that the keypad works fine it's just that the light indicating it's on doesn't work for some reason.
    Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 25,514
    Dual boot: Windows 10 Home Insider Build 16179 & W8.1 Pro x64 with Media Center
       16 Nov 2014 #145

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    I found that the keypad works fine it's just that the light indicating it's on doesn't work for some reason.
    Jeff
    I've got the same issue. Not a big thing really, but at first I thought maybe the bulbs burnt out. When in 8.1 they work.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    16 Nov 2014 #146

    HippsieGypsie said: View Post
    BunnyJ said: View Post
    I found that the keypad works fine it's just that the light indicating it's on doesn't work for some reason.
    Jeff
    I've got the same issue. Not a big thing really, but at first I thought maybe the bulbs burnt out. When in 8.1 they work.
    Just very odd. But like you said not a big issue.
    Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    16 Nov 2014 #147

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    I found that the keypad works fine it's just that the light indicating it's on doesn't work for some reason.
    Jeff
    My HP keyboard doesn't have the light at all. My numeric keypad just doesn't work at all. Well, it seems to see a keystroke as it will wake up the screen, it just doesn't do anything else.

    I suspect that it just turns off the non-existent 'num-lock' key, and since it doesn't actually exist on this keyboard, there isn't a way to turn it back on.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    16 Nov 2014 #148

    I just boot into it occasionally now just to check the feedback app and me too anything I want

    I have my files all stored on onedrive so with the latest version I cannot see them all, and I am not going to spend a week downloading everything for offline use

    10 runs fine no issues with that, just not fond of new features
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 25,514
    Dual boot: Windows 10 Home Insider Build 16179 & W8.1 Pro x64 with Media Center
       16 Nov 2014 #149

    lparsons21 said: View Post
    BunnyJ said: View Post
    I found that the keypad works fine it's just that the light indicating it's on doesn't work for some reason.
    Jeff
    My HP keyboard doesn't have the light at all. My numeric keypad just doesn't work at all. Well, it seems to see a keystroke as it will wake up the screen, it just doesn't do anything else.

    I suspect that it just turns off the non-existent 'num-lock' key, and since it doesn't actually exist on this keyboard, there isn't a way to turn it back on.
    I have it set for boot up on. It doesn't turn it off. It's just that the lights aren't working. Like Jeff said, it's weird.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    16 Nov 2014 #150

    The lights on my Logitech lighted keyboard work, albeit the indicator lights (for keypad and capitols) don't work. If I switch back from the VM to desktop they work in 8.1.1.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Related Threads
IE 11 does not start up my W10; attempting to start it results in a generic event ID of 1000: The event viewer does offer online help that asks for permission to send the information below: 25886 There's no additional information...
Hi I am wondering if there is anyway to 'change' my Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64 Bit install (w/ a legit key via MSDN) to a Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit version by using another legit Win 8.1 64 Pro key and/or 3rd party app ?? I have several legit keys I...
Read more: Microsoft: Windows 10 will come pre-installed on Surface 3 and Pro 3
Can i install Ubuntu along side win 10 and how/ also is this true?thanks Windows 10 Might Not Allow You to Use Dual Boot
I finally installed Win10 on one of my PC's. My first impression is its Windows 8, but in my case without metro. I like the Start8, which makes Win 8 work like Win 7 better than the start menu in Win 10. Jack
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07.
Find Us