Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 20,751
    Tower: W8.1; Laptop: W10 Pro build 10586; Windows Phone 8
       05 Nov 2014 #101

    Well, about a dozen of us on 8F have had Cortana on our WP8.1 since about early May, so nothing new really, although they update 'er from time to time. She's somewhat limited at this time, but I foresee a huge future with this.

    I've got an app called Voice Wake Pro on my Lumia 1520 awaiting Cortana within 10TP to try out.

    Voice Wake Home

    Cortana on Windows Phone 8.1 - Windows Help

    Windows Phone 8 and 8.1 Search Button
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2.    06 Nov 2014 #102

    O.K. I took the plunge last night/this morning. I'm liking 10 , as far as it goes. Skipped 8/8.1 so transitioning from 7. A little lost to tell you the truth, just can't FIND anything. Plus , TO ME , its just so drab to look at. I really miss the Aero glass ,call me shallow if you will. Its a much snappier O.S. than I was expecting to tell you the truth.

    The main point of my post is this though ......... are there any tutorials anywhere to just ......... show me how to navigate around? Find the things (fairly) easily that I use/want. Not a noob just wanting to save a little time. Also........ while much better than 7's how can I turn off UAC? I know, I know but I've it turned off since Vista and have had no problems.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 6,947
    All kinds
       06 Nov 2014 #103

    indianacarnie said: View Post
    O.K. I took the plunge last night/this morning. I'm liking 10 , as far as it goes. Skipped 8/8.1 so transitioning from 7. A little lost to tell you the truth, just can't FIND anything. Plus , TO ME , its just so drab to look at. I really miss the Aero glass ,call me shallow if you will. Its a much snappier O.S. than I was expecting to tell you the truth.

    The main point of my post is this though ......... are there any tutorials anywhere to just ......... show me how to navigate around? Find the things (fairly) easily that I use/want. Not a noob just wanting to save a little time. Also........ while much better than 7's how can I turn off UAC? I know, I know but I've it turned off since Vista and have had no problems.
    For most of the stuff you can use Win 8.1 tutorials, it's pretty close.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Oct 2014
    Mid-Hudson Valley, NYS
    Posts : 255
    Windows 10 & Windows 10 Insider Program, Linux Mint 18
       06 Nov 2014 #104

    indianacarnie said: View Post
    O.K. I took the plunge last night/this morning. I'm liking 10 , as far as it goes. Skipped 8/8.1 so transitioning from 7. A little lost to tell you the truth, just can't FIND anything. Plus , TO ME , its just so drab to look at. I really miss the Aero glass ,call me shallow if you will. Its a much snappier O.S. than I was expecting to tell you the truth.

    The main point of my post is this though ......... are there any tutorials anywhere to just ......... show me how to navigate around? Find the things (fairly) easily that I use/want. Not a noob just wanting to save a little time. Also........ while much better than 7's how can I turn off UAC? I know, I know but I've it turned off since Vista and have had no problems.
    Look no further than in this forum:
    Windows 10 Tutorials

    Rich
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5.    06 Nov 2014 #105

    Cool. Thank you for the info...... guess I should have figured that out myself huh? Up way too late last night is my only (meager) excuse. Again, thank you
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6.    06 Nov 2014 #106

    rmonroe36 said: View Post
    indianacarnie said: View Post
    O.K. I took the plunge last night/this morning. I'm liking 10 , as far as it goes. Skipped 8/8.1 so transitioning from 7. A little lost to tell you the truth, just can't FIND anything. Plus , TO ME , its just so drab to look at. I really miss the Aero glass ,call me shallow if you will. Its a much snappier O.S. than I was expecting to tell you the truth.



    The main point of my post is this though ......... are there any tutorials anywhere to just ......... show me how to navigate around? Find the things (fairly) easily that I use/want. Not a noob just wanting to save a little time. Also........ while much better than 7's how can I turn off UAC? I know, I know but I've it turned off since Vista and have had no problems.
    Look no further than in this forum:
    Windows 10 Tutorials

    Rich
    I did a quick run through the Tutorials earlier. I guess what I'm looking for is like a Fodors for 10 lol. You know..... if you want to go here this is how you get there kinda thing.I know its going to be a learning curve, but I'm getting old and prefer the curves to be a little less circular than the spiral I seem to be stuck in. Just take some time is all I guess. Thank you for replying.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7.    06 Nov 2014 #107

    CountMike said: View Post
    indianacarnie said: View Post
    O.K. I took the plunge last night/this morning. I'm liking 10 , as far as it goes. Skipped 8/8.1 so transitioning from 7. A little lost to tell you the truth, just can't FIND anything. Plus , TO ME , its just so drab to look at. I really miss the Aero glass ,call me shallow if you will. Its a much snappier O.S. than I was expecting to tell you the truth.

    The main point of my post is this though ......... are there any tutorials anywhere to just ......... show me how to navigate around? Find the things (fairly) easily that I use/want. Not a noob just wanting to save a little time. Also........ while much better than 7's how can I turn off UAC? I know, I know but I've it turned off since Vista and have had no problems.
    For most of the stuff you can use Win 8.1 tutorials, it's pretty close.
    I love tutorials and use them/link to them all the time in sevenforums. Guess I'll have to start going to eightforums now too! lol Thank you again for the answer!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Aug 2014
    Australia, Adelaide
    Posts : 1,390
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 18.1 MATE (64 bit), W10IP VM, W10 Home
       06 Nov 2014 #108

    indianacarnie said: View Post
    I did a quick run through the Tutorials earlier. I guess what I'm looking for is like a Fodors for 10 lol. You know..... if you want to go here this is how you get there kinda thing.I know its going to be a learning curve, but I'm getting old and prefer the curves to be a little less circular than the spiral I seem to be stuck in. Just take some time is all I guess. Thank you for replying.
    The main navigation difference between W7 and W10 is that some things are in the "Control Panel" and others are in "PC Settings".

    Also, try right clicking on the Start button and checking out the entries in the Context menu.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9.    06 Nov 2014 #109

    lehnerus2000 said: View Post
    The main navigation difference between W7 and W10 is that some things are in the "Control Panel" and others are in "PC Settings".

    Also, try right clicking on the Start button and checking out the entries in the Context menu.
    There you go! Right clicking the start button did not occur to me at all, duh, and there they are everything I was looking for. Thank you
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Aug 2014
    Australia, Adelaide
    Posts : 1,390
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 18.1 MATE (64 bit), W10IP VM, W10 Home
       06 Nov 2014 #110

    No problems


    indianacarnie said: View Post
    lehnerus2000 said: View Post
    The main navigation difference between W7 and W10 is that some things are in the "Control Panel" and others are in "PC Settings".

    Also, try right clicking on the Start button and checking out the entries in the Context menu.
    There you go! Right clicking the start button did not occur to me at all, duh, and there they are everything I was looking for. Thank you
    It's not intuitive/obvious.

    I only know about because I've been following the W8 series.
    I tried all of the W8 Previews (up to W8.1 Ent) and I've been on EightForums since Feb 2012.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
IE 11 installed but does not start...
IE 11 does not start up my W10; attempting to start it results in a generic event ID of 1000: The event viewer does offer online help that asks for permission to send the information below: 25886 There's no additional information...
Browsers and Email
Solved Anyway to change Win 8.1 Ent. 64 (installed) to Win 8.1 Pro 64 w/ new
Hi I am wondering if there is anyway to 'change' my Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64 Bit install (w/ a legit key via MSDN) to a Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit version by using another legit Win 8.1 64 Pro key and/or 3rd party app ?? I have several legit keys I...
Installation and Setup
Surface Windows 10 will come pre-installed on Surface 3 and Pro 3 'soon'
Read more: Microsoft: Windows 10 will come pre-installed on Surface 3 and Pro 3
Windows 10 News
Can another OPS be installed along side with win 10?
Can i install Ubuntu along side win 10 and how/ also is this true?thanks Windows 10 Might Not Allow You to Use Dual Boot
General Support
Finally installed Win 10, not impressed
I finally installed Win10 on one of my PC's. My first impression is its Windows 8, but in my case without metro. I like the Start8, which makes Win 8 work like Win 7 better than the start menu in Win 10. Jack
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:12.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums