Windows 10: I hate W10

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
  1.    10 Dec 2015 #71

    I am starting out with Windows 10, just because I wanted to take advantage of their Free Upgrade that comes with my new DELL Windows 7.1 Pro >> Windows 10 Pro a whopping 200.00 at Retail price.

    I decided to to do a Dual Boot so that I can't use windows 8.1 and if I feel like playing around with windows 10, I can just pick the Option at Boot time.

    Since I wold like to take advantage of my new Dell Comp,and further more some of the sites that I frequent bans windows 10 - for me windows 8.1 Pro still is my second best OS, besides XP. Just IMHO.

    Let see how many reverts back to Windows 7/8.1 in the future.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    10 Dec 2015 #72

    I have been a Windows user all my PC life. But now Linux looks better every day. Less hassle with malware, more stable, more logical and more pleasant to use.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    10 Dec 2015 #73

    whs said: View Post
    I have been a Windows user all my PC life. But now Linux looks better every day. Less hassle with malware, more stable, more logical and more pleasant to use.
    Add in less software support and more complexity in installing some software.
    Yup.. sounds like fun to me.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 21,917
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       10 Dec 2015 #74

    Windowtensnoop said: View Post
    I am starting out with Windows 10, just because I wanted to take advantage of their Free Upgrade that comes with my new DELL Windows 7.1 Pro >> Windows 10 Pro a whopping 200.00 at Retail price.

    I decided to to do a Dual Boot so that I can't use windows 8.1 and if I feel like playing around with windows 10, I can just pick the Option at Boot time.

    Since I wold like to take advantage of my new Dell Comp,and further more some of the sites that I frequent bans windows 10 - for me windows 8.1 Pro still is my second best OS, besides XP. Just IMHO.

    Let see how many reverts back to Windows 7/8.1 in the future.
    I've never heard of a web site banning Windows 10. Can you share with us what those sites are?


    Are you possibly referring to Smartscreen Filter? Use the SmartScreen Filter - Windows Help
    Last edited by f14tomcat; 10 Dec 2015 at 16:08.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 55
    macOS Sierra, Windows 10 Pro
       10 Dec 2015 #75

    BoneZ said: View Post
    Can't wait for native gaming to fully and completely come to Linux. Then there will never be a need for Windows ever again.
    You'll be waiting for a long time.
    Less than 1% of Steam users are playing on Linux.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 55
    macOS Sierra, Windows 10 Pro
       10 Dec 2015 #76

    whs said: View Post
    I have been a Windows user all my PC life. But now Linux looks better every day. Less hassle with malware, more stable, more logical and more pleasant to use.
    That is not my experience. My Mint 17.2 installation kept freezing on me 2-3 times a day. I had to reboot because there was no fix. And it was the same in different machines with or without dedicated graphics.
    W7, 8, and 10 have been far more stable than any Linux distro I have tried (7 different ones).
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    10 Dec 2015 #77

    I am sorry that you had such a bad Mint experience. My Mint which runs in virtual has never failed. Maybe the host system keeps the problems away from it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 1,468
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 18.1 MATE (64 bit), W10IP VM, W10 Home
       10 Dec 2015 #78

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    I've never heard of a web site banning Windows 10. Can you share with us what those sites are?
    Allegedly some torrent sites have banned Windows 10.
    http://www.winbeta.org/news/windows-...ivacy-concerns

    z31fanatic said: View Post
    That is not my experience. My Mint 17.2 installation kept freezing on me 2-3 times a day. I had to reboot because there was no fix. And it was the same in different machines with or without dedicated graphics.
    W7, 8, and 10 have been far more stable than any Linux distro I have tried (7 different ones).
    Your PC must have some weird issue(s) then.

    Linux Mint worked "out of the box" on my system.
    I didn't have to spend hours installing drivers to get it to work correctly unlike Windows.

    I can't remember ever having to reboot my PC because Linux locked up.
    I've definitely had to do it in Windows.

    whs said: View Post
    I am sorry that you had such a bad Mint experience. My Mint which runs in virtual has never failed. Maybe the host system keeps the problems away from it
    VMs are great for dodging the wacky hardware issues that real machines often exhibit.
    Last edited by lehnerus2000; 11 Dec 2015 at 05:37. Reason: Quote Added, Spelling
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    10 Dec 2015 #79

    I have used Microsoft products since MS-DOS and as much as I like the look and feel of Windows 10, I have never had so many different problems as with this version. Over the last couple of years I have been using Linux Mint Cinnamon more and more for everyday use with no issues. I know people say Linux is complicated to use but I really find Linux Mint Cinnamon quite friendly. However, some of the software for Windows such as Office and some of the drivers are more mature and in my opinion beat the Linux equivalent.

    My main machine that my entire family uses is Windows 10 because of compatibility but my other 2 machines both have dual boot Windows 10 and Linux Mint Cinnamon with my preference being to use Linux Mint.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    10 Dec 2015 #80

    I typically use a mac. I have a mac mini desktop at home running the latest version of osx which is el capatain. it runs that beautifully. however since I also am a tornado chaser and the weather radar programs only run on windows... I bought a dell latitude e6410 that had windows 7 ultimate on it.... the night I bought it I let it do the windows 10 upgrade when I was going to bed...figured I don't need to be able to use the laptop then so perfect time. outside of it taking quite some time to do... it installed windows 10 pro just fine. I didn't run windows 7 ultimate that long maybe a few hours just to make sure the laptop was in decent working condition.... but windows 10 seems like it is much faster and the Microsoft edge browser has not crashed one time unlike any version of IE. vista was the reason I switched to apple to start with, chances are I will always prefer apple products since they seem to be much prettier looking and os x is easy to use, however so far windows 10 pro seems almost as good as apple. have not had one crash at all yet....only have been using it for a week tomorrow though. now that I say that watch the laptop explode...
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Related Threads
Hi there I notice on Windows 10 (build 10240) if I run Handbrake to encode some video with all 4 cores enabled in the BIOS at boot after about 10 mins computer just shuts down -- I think CPU overheats. Switch one or two cores off and system...
It's this kind of crap that makes me take a real personal disliking to Microsoft . Why do they have to make it more difficult than it needs to be to just uninstall crap like this (see screenshot) . Some were easy to get rid of but they grey out...
I hate Windows 10 in Chillout Room
Not really, only joking, looking forward to all the new stuff to try Just wanted to be the first to post a hate thread, lol :o
Why do Windows 7 fan boys have to cry about the things like aero glass theme and Windows 7 have no bugs. Seriously, it pisses me off so much when all they do is basically become an Apple fan boy. I am just so sick of it ! Windows 7 have so many...
Solved Why I HATE the store in Software and Apps
Hi there I REALLY LOATHE this type of "Store" app to find software First the search doesn't work -- I was looking for latest updates to Office 2016 preview - and I get all sorts of RUBBISH (Wheel of Fortune and other total nonsense kiddy...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04.
Find Us