How to use OneDrive without logging on 10 with MS Account

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

  1. Posts : 5,834
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       #31

    Kari said:
    Lumia (Windows Phone) is not using offline files. You can access all files on all of your OneDrives but nothing is stored on phone if you do not download it. This of course is as it should be, no use to use local storage on phone if not needed.
    Partially agree in that one may have trouble with enough storage space on a smaller device such as phone, but what if one doesn't have either carrier or WiFi access to be able to work on a file? I realize this would be a rare instance, but it could happen. Let's say I'm meeting with someone to close an important business deal and I need access to a file to show?

    Attachment 6615


    Funny detail: My both Lumia phones still show "SkyDrive" for private OneDrives and only use the new name OneDrive for those from Office 365 Business.
    That is weird. I only have WP8 version of Office on mine. Of course the OneDrive app also.
      My Computers

  2. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 17,113
    Windows 10 Pro
       #32

    HippsieGypsie said:
    Partially agree in that one may have trouble with enough storage space on a smaller device such as phone, but what if one doesn't have either carrier or WiFi access to be able to work on a file? I realize this would be a rare instance, but it could happen. Let's say I'm meeting with someone to close an important business deal and I need access to a file to show?
    OK, that's true. Thinking of western world, there are not many places where you do not get a carrier signal but you are of course right.

    HippsieGypsie said:
    That is weird. I only have WP8 version of Office on mine. Of course the OneDrive app also.
    I kind of like it, I still use SkyDrive on my phones :).
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 5,834
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       #33

    Kari said:
    OK, that's true. Thinking of western world, there are not many places where you do not get a carrier signal but you are of course right.
    It's not that I'm right that bothered me. It's being right in the face of a man of your expertise!

    Even here in the U.S. we lose data connection due to the carriers system being down. It doesn't happen a lot, but sometimes it's for a long duration.

    Wow! Not only are you very knowledgeable, but you must type a thousand words a minute. Not only did you have to think about what I wrote and what you're going to write, but then you had to type the post with dual quotes I might add! This all performed in 7 minutes! It takes me that long just to think about it!
      My Computers

  4. gregrocker's Avatar
    Posts : 281
    Thread Starter
       #34

    Kari is very fast. If you ever get into an argu discussion with him, don't even think about editing your replies because he will have already responded.

    So Kari, after enabling Offline files per your suggestion my Windows 10 OneDrive app now says it is Downloading 50%. But the OneDrive folder was already full with correct size on disk without needing to download anything from OneDrive. Is this because it was set up to use from WIndows 7 OneDrive desktop app which always saves a hard copy? I wonder why 10 didn't virtualize those files then?
    Last edited by gregrocker; 09 Oct 2014 at 11:21.
      My Computer

  5. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 17,113
    Windows 10 Pro
       #35

    gregrocker said:
    Kari is very fast. If you ever get into an argu discussion with him, don't even think about editing your replies because he will have already responded.
    A simple explanation: I'm divorced and retired, too ugly to find a new woman, no interest in finding a new man, too lazy to work, nothing else to do :).

    gregrocker said:
    So Kari, after enabling Offline files per your suggestion my Windows 10 OneDrive app now says it is Downloading 50%. But the OneDrive folder was already full with correct size on disk without needing to download anything from OneDrive. Is this because it was set up to use from WIndows 7 OneDrive desktop app which always saves a hard copy? I wonder why 10 didn't virtualize those files then?
    I do not know that but I suspect you are right: if you share the same OneDrive folder that is IMO the reason.
    Last edited by Kari; 09 Oct 2014 at 11:57.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 98
    Win 7 Ultimate
       #36

    Is there any way to have OneDrive use its own login to MS / LIVE account WITHOUT any of it ENTERED into Windows or Local installation Office?
      My Computer


  7. Ztruker's Avatar
    Posts : 10,253
    Windows 10 Pro X64 1909 18363.815
       #37

    @xbliss, you are posting in a thread that has not had any activity for 5 years. You would be better off to ask your question in a new thread and if this one is relevant, include a link to it in the new thread. You'll get more visibility that way.
      My Computers


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:49.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums