Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

  1. Joined : Sep 2014
    Posts : 85
    Win 10 Pro
       08 Oct 2014 #11

    90 % of the time it goes and shuts down. the other 10% pc freezes. do you have any apps from the store installed John Pombrio
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Sep 2014
    Posts : 85
    Win 10 Pro
       10 Oct 2014 #12

    this is the first of 3 posts on this matter
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3.    10 Oct 2014 #13

    Hi

    I got one of those the last time I shut my computer down.
    It was the first time I've seen it.

    I have restored my Windows 10 install since then (for a different reason, I had a software install that when bad and I wanted to clear it out) but it will be interesting to see if it happens again and when.

    Mike
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Sep 2014
    Posts : 85
    Win 10 Pro
       10 Oct 2014 #14

    I did a reinstall MikeHawthorne and it continued although less frequent.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5.    10 Oct 2014 #15

    Hi

    Since I restored my install from my System Image file I haven't seen it again.
    We'll see what happens, it could be that I've gone back before an update that causes this.

    I'll check and see if I have an Update and maybe that will indicate if the update is the problem.

    Mike
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Sep 2014
    Posts : 85
    Win 10 Pro
       11 Oct 2014 #16

    Hi Mike
    Initially it said the store was preventing shutdown although i have not seen that for a few days. When i do get a message re shutdown it clears quickly. On the mend i think.
    Noel
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jul 2014
    San Jose, California
    Posts : 1,956
    Ubuntu14.04x64 MintMate17x64 Win10Prox64
       11 Oct 2014 #17

    I did have one occurence as described in VM. However, I added these entries to the registry and have not seen it happened again. If you wish, you can try copy/paste and save as reg file then merge to the registry the following. Either way, it would not hurt but in fact it speeds up the shutdown process:

    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    ;==================================
    ;Speed up Shutdown
    ;==================================

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]
    "HungAppTimeout"="1000"
    "AutoEndTasks"="1"
    "WaitToKillAppTimeout"="2000"

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
    "AutoRestartShell"=dword:00000001

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer]
    "AlwaysUnloadDll"=dword:00000001
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Sep 2014
    Posts : 85
    Win 10 Pro
       11 Oct 2014 #18

    Well my USB ports started playing up, one minute the printer would work, the next no go. I have gone back to 8.1 and will wait for a final release.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved reciever error at shutdown
everytime I shut down my computer I recieve this error. The computer has sudenly become less responsive as well but not sure if the two are related. 21934
General Support
Solved Error on shutdown concerning explore.exe Application Error
Upon every shutdown I get the following error message: The title bar states: I am running Windows 10 Build 10130. I have already tried the default troubleshooting procedures(clean boot, etc.) I attached an image of the error below: ...
General Support
Explorer.exe - Application Error every time I shut down
I took the upgrade path from Build 10122 to 10130, but every time I shut down, I get this application error message after the desktop closes. I have to click OK to terminate the program to shut the machine down. This is the first time I've seen...
General Support
Solved SystemSettingsBroker Error on Restart or ShutDown
This is a new situation that I got with the update from 9926 to 10041. When I restart or shut down, as soon as the desktop closes I get this error message which I can click to Close. It doesn't occur when I Sign off. In some cases it will...
General Support
explorer.exe - Application error
I receive this error message on occasion when I shutdown. Here is the message:"The instruction at 0x00007FFBD3FA98E5 referenced memory at 0x0000000000000250. The memory could not be read. Click on OK to terminate the program" This has been...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:20.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums