Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Joined : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 6,941
    All kinds
       04 Oct 2014 #1

    Digging deaper, Srvices....


    Just checked Windows Services and there is bunch of brand new ones with accompanying errors.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	services 101.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	742.2 KB 
ID:	5900
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Sep 2014
    DFW Area
    Posts : 374
    Windows 8&10
       04 Oct 2014 #2

    I show those services but mine are not running. Obviously something has triggered yours, so I suppose I need to find out what vmic is. Possibly it is some server which is not yet active.

    Are you running a virtual install?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 6,941
    All kinds
       04 Oct 2014 #3

    Saltgrass said: View Post
    I show those services but mine are not running. Obviously something has triggered yours, so I suppose I need to find out what vmic is. Possibly it is some server which is not yet active.

    Are you running a virtual install?
    Full install on this one and those services are not running, look closer, error 15100.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Apr 2014
    Space coast of Florida
    Posts : 4,317
    Windows 10 Pro X64 14393.576
       04 Oct 2014 #4

    VMIC ... Virtual Machine Interface Control? Maybe for Virtual Desktops?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 6,941
    All kinds
       05 Oct 2014 #5

    Ztruker said: View Post
    VMIC ... Virtual Machine Interface Control? Maybe for Virtual Desktops?
    Could be, haven't tried virtual desktops yet although I'm not great fan of them. Tried some standalone programs on XP and W7 and didn't like the idea. Much better to use two (soon to be 3) monitors.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Oct 2014
    Trnava
    Posts : 1,711
    Windows Home x64
       05 Oct 2014 #6

    I am sure, that those will be activated over time, so MS did not even bother with description.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 6,941
    All kinds
       05 Oct 2014 #7

    TairikuOkami said: View Post
    I am sure, that those will be activated over time, so MS did not even bother with description.
    Well, they must be for some future use. We'll see.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Aug 2014
    Australia, Adelaide
    Posts : 1,389
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 18.1 MATE (64 bit), W10IP VM, W10 Home
       05 Oct 2014 #8

    CountMike said: View Post
    Could be, haven't tried virtual desktops yet although I'm not great fan of them. Tried some standalone programs on XP and W7 and didn't like the idea. Much better to use two (soon to be 3) monitors.
    Multiple monitors will be a bit problematic if you are using a laptop on a bus (for example).

    "VirtuaWin +KvasDoPager" are very handy for me in W7.
    That combo works almost identically to the Gnome/MATE virtual desktops.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 6,941
    All kinds
       05 Oct 2014 #9

    lehnerus2000 said: View Post
    Multiple monitors will be a bit problematic if you are using a laptop on a bus (for example).

    "VirtuaWin +KvasDoPager" are very handy for me in W7.
    That combo works almost identically to the Gnome/MATE virtual desktops.
    With my sight, using laptops on a bus requires multiple eyeglasses rather than monitors.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Aug 2014
    Australia, Adelaide
    Posts : 1,389
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 18.1 MATE (64 bit), W10IP VM, W10 Home
       05 Oct 2014 #10

    CountMike said: View Post
    With my sight, using laptops on a bus requires multiple eyeglasses rather than monitors.
    I've spent so long staring at monitors that my eyes can't focus at any other distances.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:02.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums