How to remove the moronic search and task view...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. bromanbro's Avatar
    Posts : 282
    Windows 10!
       #11

    Edwin said:
    Not tryin to fool her, just tryin to make her a little more discrete!
    !
      My Computer

  2. Trust_No1's Avatar
    Posts : 630
       #12

    I am okay with the search and where it is, BUT, I don't like "Trending Now" crap....

    this is supposed to be an Operating System, not a social network page
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 5,834
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       #13

    Trust_No1 said:
    I am okay with the search and where it is, BUT, I don't like "Trending Now" crap....

    this is supposed to be an Operating System, not a social network page
    I've not a chance to install yet due to faulty PSU. Awaiting shipment. I'm assuming the Taskbar search the same as within the Start Menu integrated Bing search? If so, seems kind of redundant to me.

    I'm taking it that they incorporated items that are on the Start Screen into the new Start Menu and the Search �� eyeglass on the Start Screen on the Taskbar.

    Lol! You wanted your Start Menu and Desktop with items back. You got 'em alright!

    Still fits Enterprise, right? I mean if Jeff the secretary gets an order for a latte by his boss Lucy, he has to find out quick where the nearest Starbucks is, right?
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 372
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #14

    Until they figure out that many don't want the metro apps(on the desktop), regardless of where they stash them, we still have the wonderful Classic Shell to save it....
      My Computer

  5. John Pombrio's Avatar
    Posts : 412
    Windows 10 Fast Ring
       #15

    Trust_No1 said:
    I am okay with the search and where it is, BUT, I don't like "Trending Now" crap....

    this is supposed to be an Operating System, not a social network page
    Agreed. first thing I tried to get rid of and guess what? No settings for the Trending Now, I cannot delete it or change focus on stuff that I would find interesting. Trending Now is controlled externally. I bet that it could easily be used for advertising by MS in the future. That advertising will be involved is that a web page talking about MS targeted advertising USED to show up when clicking on the settings icon. Today, nothing happens when I try to click on it.
      My Computer

  6. Cr00zng's Avatar
    Posts : 698
    Windows 10 64-bits
       #16

    John Pombrio said:
    Agreed. first thing I tried to get rid of and guess what? No settings for the Trending Now, I cannot delete it or change focus on stuff that I would find interesting. Trending Now is controlled externally. I bet that it could easily be used for advertising by MS in the future. That advertising will be involved is that a web page talking about MS targeted advertising USED to show up when clicking on the settings icon. Today, nothing happens when I try to click on it.
    It's not just trending, search settings as well...

    The bing search had been integrated into W8.x; however, one could limit its scope or just don't use the search charm. Seemingly, it had changed in W10 and it is integrated into the OS at every level. The attached file shows the processes, captured via Sysinternalsuite's TCPView and Procexp, that make connections to MS servers. It's doubtful that this will change in the RTM version.

    Notes:
    1. The "svchost.exe" is not identified as a service, at least I didn't find it yet...
    2. The "searchui.exe" is located in folder C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Cortana_1.2.0.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe and no, administrators don't have access to this folder by default
    3. The "explorer.exe" makes the connection, weather it is open or not
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to remove the moronic search and task view...-call-home.jpg  
      My Computer

  7. lehnerus2000's Avatar
    Posts : 1,809
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 19.2 MATE (64 bit), W10 Home 1703 (64 bit), W10 Pro 1703 (64 bit) VM
       #17

    Another benefit of using a VM; you can do your searches from the Host PC (in my case, LM17).
      My Computer

  8. Superfly's Avatar
    Posts : 3,328
       #18

    Rickkins said:
    Until they figure out that many don't want the metro apps(on the desktop), regardless of where they stash them, we still have the wonderful Classic Shell to save it....
    LOL...

    Off topic I know but FYI - Been doing some test dev on Win10 with Modern apps... Each app gets added to Start menu (can uninstall from there)... kinda cool, I think :)

    How to remove the moronic search and task view...-vs.png
      My Computer


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums