Windows 10 bugs

Page 91 of 98 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 803
    10 Pro Preview x64
       #901

    Cliff S said:
    It also works on 8.1 for me. Also I received the same errors on 10 as you about a dozen tv_ConfigMgrErr45.
    8.1, it worked running through this System Performance Report - Generate and View in Windows but perfmon /report never did.

    Considering it only complains about me watching TV though the results are dumb.

    EDIT: yeah, yeah, I know it doesn't really mean watching TV - it was only a joke. I've no idea what it means.
      My Computer

  2. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,543
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #902

    adamf said:
    8.1, it worked running through this System Performance Report - Generate and View in Windows but perfmon /report never did.

    Considering it only complains about me watching TV though the results are dumb.

    EDIT: yeah, yeah, I know it doesn't really mean watching TV - it was only a joke. I've no idea what it means.
    Lokking at the list most say plug&play so probably something to do with a USB hub driver. Beware dumb question on the way) Did you use admin CMD?
      My Computers

  3. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,543
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #903

    from my Windows 8.1 machine
    Attachment 15465
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 803
    10 Pro Preview x64
       #904

    Cliff S said:
    Lokking at the list most say plug&play so probably something to do with a USB hub driver. Beware dumb question on the way) Did you use admin CMD?
    I have a USB device (an iomega USB 3.0 hard drive which connects though USB Attached SCSI) which is incompatible with windows (above 7). It works with OSX and Arch on the same machine.

    It is a driver error and, unlike on 8, I can't get the 7 driver from Intel to work.

    I've reported it and in 10041 it now appears as a SCSI CD drive (that doesn't work) which while wrong means MS are at least trying - in earlier builds it appeared as a UAS device (that didn't work).
      My Computer

  5. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,543
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #905

    The report says the system failed the OS check looking for 6.1 and we have 10, it even states perfmon was written for another windows version, so it could be just a program compatibility problem. I double checked with speccy and it found everything to be in order when I looked at the device tree under the Operating System "tab". Remember in Windows 7 when one uses MSE the report say's you don't have an AV installed
      My Computers

  6. Slartybart's Avatar
    Posts : 3,502
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       #906

    adamf said:
    I have a USB device (an iomega USB 3.0 hard drive which connects though USB Attached SCSI) which is incompatible with windows (above 7). It works with OSX and Arch on the same machine. It is a driver error and, unlike on 8, I can't get the 7 driver from Intel to work.

    I've reported it and in 10041 it now appears as a SCSI CD drive (that doesn't work) which while wrong means MS are at least trying - in earlier builds it appeared as a UAS device (that didn't work).
    I had an Iomega zip drive long ago when that was THE high capacity disk to have. I forget what ticked me off, but I swore off Iomega.

    So, I looked and was surprised that Lenovo now owns the brand.

    Not knowing your device, I could not do any real research, but did notice that there are firmware updates for some of the current desktop devices.

    I'm thinking that you might go forward with the Intel 3.0 drivers, instead of backwards. - not sure about the Apple side of things ... once again
    Last edited by Slartybart; 26 Mar 2015 at 23:13.
      My Computer

  7. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 27,946
    Windows 10 2404 Build 19042.867
       #907

    Slartybart said:
    I had an Iomega zip drive long ago when that was THE high capacity disk to have. I forget what ticked me off, but I swore off Iomega.
    I had one of those and was surprised at how well it adapted to new OSes. I used all the way up to Windows 7, but by that time, flash drives, SD cards and external hard drives had come down so far that I kinda just forgot all about it. I hadn't thought of the thing in years. :)

    I think it's stored somewhere with all the old technology I no longer use, but can't seem to get rid of.
      My Computer

  8. CountMike's Avatar
    Posts : 18,332
    W10+Developer Insider + Linux
       #908

    adamf said:
    8.1, it worked running through this System Performance Report - Generate and View in Windows but perfmon /report never did.

    Considering it only complains about me watching TV though the results are dumb.

    EDIT: yeah, yeah, I know it doesn't really mean watching TV - it was only a joke. I've no idea what it means.
    I thought that it did really mean "Watching TV" because I do, both with a HW TV card and IPTV, but I never had any problems with them.
    A sample:

    [IMG]res://wdc.dll/error.gif[/IMG]
    tv_ConfigMgrErr45
    Cause: A device has a configuration problem that prevents it from working properly.
    Details: The device, Local Print Queue, is reporting "tv_ConfigMgrErr45". This device will not be available until the issue is resolved. The Plug and Play ID for this device is SWD\PRINTENUM\{287ED407-0080-4620-9DC8-AFED29D2BDFF}.
    Resolution: 1. Verify the correct driver is installed.
    2. Try updating the drivers using Windows Update.
    3. Check with the manufacturer for an updated driver.
    4. Attempt to uninstall and then reinstall the device using Device Manager.
    Related: Explanation of Error Codes Generated by Device Manager
    Manage Devices in Windows
      My Computers

  9. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,543
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #909

    Anyone else seen this in build 10041: Click Reliability History in Security & Maintenance and it crashes and closes it. It's like it's saying "I ain't tellin'!!!"
      My Computers

  10. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 39,324
    Windows 10 Home 64bit v20H2 and insider builds
       #910

    Cliff S said:
    Anyone else seen this in build 10041: Click Reliability History in Security & Maintenance and it crashes and closes it. It's like it's saying "I ain't tellin'!!!"
    Yes. It looks like it's crashing explorer. It momentarily blanks the whole desktop.
      My Computer


 
Page 91 of 98 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:25.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums