Windows 10 bugs

Page 89 of 98 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast
  1. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,027
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #881

    Kari said:
    The ghost taskbar, sometimes full, sometimes only visible on the other half of the screen is a bug I can recreate at will both on single and multi display systems. It's enough to unlock the Taskbar, move it and lock again.

    Sometimes I get Taskbars at left (my default) and bottom:... sometimes at left and somewhere on the right half of the display:
    (First screenshot from secondary display in two display system, second screenshot from a single display system.)

    Killing and relaunching the Explorer process fixes this.
    Kari, I don't use multiple displays, but on the rare occasion when the bottom part of the window gets hidden behind the taskbar, I use this to toggle the taskbar on/off. Just a teeny-tiny non-resident .exe. I've got it on a shortcut w/hotkey. Comes in handy. Be curious to see what it does on multi-display, and if it would affect your Ghost Taskbar issue! Dick...
    Windows 10 bugs Attached Files
      My Computers

  2. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,057
    Windows 10
       #882

    Seems Cortana wants to listen even if you don't say the full "Hey Cortana",
    and it gets saved, Oops! Hmmmph!

    Windows 10 bugs-000013.png
      My Computer

  3. Slartybart's Avatar
    Posts : 3,502
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       #883

    Edwin said:
    Seems Cortana wants to listen even if you don't say the full "Hey Cortana",
    and it gets saved, Oops! Hmmmph!
    I would tell Cortana to Oops! if I could.

    They're getting closer though. The 'monster' still doesn't work if you're disconnected and
    ... it won't work without a MS account.

    Both are deal breakers - you shouldn't have to be connected to search your machine.

    I understand the second part, requiring a MS account (don't like it, but I understand), the thing is
    ... you can't just sign in, you have to switch your account!

    The msg & the button say: Sign-in, not switch account !!!!!

    Windows 10 bugs-cort-.png

    But Hey ... Cortana ... at least I can read the buttons - who-ray!

    Windows 10 bugs-cort-b.png

    I hope they don't punt on this and just change the msg & button text.
      My Computer

  4. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 27,946
    Windows 10 2404 Build 19042.867
       #884

    Slartybart said:
    I would tell Cortana to Oops! if I could.

    They're getting closer though. The 'monster' still doesn't work if you're disconnected and
    ... it won't work without a MS account.

    Both are deal breakers - you shouldn't have to be connected to search your machine.

    I understand the second part, requiring a MS account (don't like it, but I understand), the thing is
    ... you can't just sign in, you have to switch your account!

    The msg & the button say: Sign-in, not switch account !!!!!
    But Hey ... Cortana ... at least I can read the buttons - who-ray!
    I hope they don't punt on this and just change the msg & button text.


    When I was setting up Build 10041 (clean install), I was given the opportunity to "let Cortana in", but I clicked on No Thanks and that took care of that! :)
      My Computer

  5. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,543
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #885

    Wynona said:
    At first, I thought it was leaving IE open. However, when I first booted up and tried to go to a site, I got "waiting on msn" or "waiting on xxxxx"

    I tried closing IE and Outlook, but that didn't work either.

    For now I'm using Firefox, but I haven't had it installed for very long. Right after I installed, I had to leave for an appointment and just got back. So, I'll need to have FF on the puter for awhile before I know much about it.
    Ok Wynona after messing around and trying to recreate the bug you have, I don't have any problems with IE, I even left it on when I went to work(goes to sleep after 4 hours) and after coming home and waking my baby up, everything worked as it should...
    I hope this information helps you in finding the problem. But I've noticed that I don't usually have the problems others are getting, but my own, that nobody else has, which is a pain because then I have to find a solution or put it on the "back burner". Maybe this can help: I'm not using any add-ons not even JAVA(I only use it for LibreOffice and haven't installed it in this build), I just have my Tracking protection that's sync'd with my 8.1 desktop. I've read somewhere somebody was having problems with his JAVA add-on, so try turning all off except what comes from Microsoft and see if that helps.
      My Computers

  6. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 27,946
    Windows 10 2404 Build 19042.867
       #886

    Cliff S said:
    Ok Wynona after messing around and trying to recreate the bug you have, I don't have any problems with IE, I even left it on when I went to work(goes to sleep after 4 hours) and after coming home and waking my baby up, everything worked as it should...
    I hope this information helps you in finding the problem. But I've noticed that I don't usually have the problems others are getting, but my own, that nobody else has, which is a pain because then I have to find a solution or put it on the "back burner". Maybe this can help: I'm not using any add-ons not even JAVA(I only use it for LibreOffice and haven't installed it in this build), I just have my Tracking protection that's sync'd with my 8.1 desktop. I've read somewhere somebody was having problems with his JAVA add-on, so try turning all off except what comes from Microsoft and see if that helps.
    I did something I've never done before, Cliff. I downloaded the Windows 10 ISO from that site that someone posted in one of the threads I follow. Against my better judgment, since it looked to me like folks thought it was OK.

    I'm not going to blame anyone else for my stupidity, nor am I going to blame the site. No one twisted my arm. I don't remember which site it was, since I don't generally go to those.

    Anyhoo, I prepared my desktop for dual boot day before yesterday. Tuesday, I installed Windows 10 from the ISO I had downloaded. Almost immediately Internet Explorer started to go bad on me. I tried Firefox and the same thing happened. So I fell back to Windows 8.1.

    I got notice that the official ISO was available yesterday afternoon, so I downloaded it and prepared my Lexar Jump Drive with Rufus (Love that Rufus!), and installed Windows 10 Official Build 10041. I've spent the day checking out IE and up until about 30 minutes ago, things were going swimmingly. Then IE quit working right.

    I was going to see what updates had arrived since I reinstalled last night and there were a couple of updates. One for security and one for Windows x64. I let them install, rebooted and it seems that IE is back in business once more.

    The jury's still out on this one.
      My Computer

  7. jimbo45's Avatar
    Posts : 10,460
    Windows / Linux : Arch Linux
       #887

    Hi there

    Having to SWITCH to an Ms account is a 100% no no for me -- also if you do that you LOSE your local account !!!!!! Now that's a no no.

    Fortunately I just restored a previous VM -- I'll pass on the Dodgy "Old Ford Car" thing (actually the car was a Cortina !!!!) -- who dreams up some of those names at Ms -- Spartan is another really stupid name and Windows defender for their main AV system named after a particularly useless piece of software in previous releases of Windows is just crazily Bovine.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My Computer

  8. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,057
    Windows 10
       #888

    jimbo45 said:
    Hi there

    Having to SWITCH to an Ms account is a 100% no no for me -- also if you do that you LOSE your local account !!!!!! Now that's a no no.
    That's strange, I can switch back and forth at will from local to MS accounts.
      My Computer

  9. jimbo45's Avatar
    Posts : 10,460
    Windows / Linux : Arch Linux
       #889

    Hi there

    That's possibly because you have DIFFERENT names set up for your user ID's on both systems -- but if you have say DOG on your local account and then switch to Ms account [email protected] for example try and switch back to local user DOG again.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 803
    10 Pro Preview x64
       #890

    Jimbo, I always make my account name adam when I first install windows as a local account. It is my name after all.

    I then immediately change it to [email protected]. I can then change it back to a local account and change it to [email protected] with no difficulty.

    Are you saying the bit before the @ must be different? I couldn't have a local account called adam and change it to [email protected] for example (taken by someone who isn't me but I'll test it if I understand you right).
      My Computer


 
Page 89 of 98 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:36.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums