Page 76 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Nov 2013
    Posts : 804
    10 Pro Preview x64
       09 Mar 2015 #751

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Neat all inclusive chart...

    Daylight Saving Time Around the World 2015
    I am certain my wife would have preferred I'd read that before hand rather than blindly following "something you read on the internet". Oh well, live and learn.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Oct 2013
    Penns Forrest
    Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       09 Mar 2015 #752

    Edwin said: View Post
    Anyone have the wrong time on their PC this morning?
    Specifically, an hour ahead?
    Yes and thanks.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DST-wrong!.png 
Views:	65 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	14031

    The Time & Lang has always been a bit wonky in Win10
    neither update option was turned on by default, then adjust automatically was turned on by default - I'm not sure if DST was ever turned on by default, but it is active on my machine.

    The time server always seems to complain that the service is not running, it is. A manual time sync works.

    Maybe MS was waiting to see what happened on a time change before releasing the next build (< 52 hours !!!!!)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Oct 2013
    Penns Forrest
    Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       09 Mar 2015 #753

    Edwin said: View Post
    I wondered why .NET Framework 3.5 applies immediately in W10TP, where as in W8.1 and previous, it would have to download, install then a restart was necessary.
    Well..., it seems that it's already installed and hiding in Settings/System/Optional features/Add a feature,
    however, it won't install from there, you still have to go to 'Programs and Features/Turn Windows Feature On or Off' !?
    Probably going to be like that til the two 'Control Panels' are amalgamated.
    Hmmm, I don't see the 3.5 .NET offers in the modern Settings.

    I have .NET 4.6 active in Pgm & Feat -> Windows Features

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Feat.NET.png 
Views:	65 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	14032

    Side note: I de-selected all of the languages I will probably never use - the IME section automatically reflects changes you make to the language section.

    3rd party pgms might still install all language support
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,289
    Win 10 Pro x64
       09 Mar 2015 #754

    My PC clock is always messed up whenever I switch boot drives (different OSes).
    I have the same issue with my internet browser. It's saying something about "not synced". I figured it was the DST issue. I just reloaded it and it was fine.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 6,981
    All kinds
       09 Mar 2015 #755

    kado897 said: View Post
    02:00 on the last Sunday in March in the UK.
    Same here, march 29th 02:00 AM.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Nov 2013
    Houston
    Posts : 1,394
    Win-7Prox64 Win-8.1Prox64 Win-10Prox64
       09 Mar 2015 #756

    badrobot said: View Post
    My PC clock is always messed up whenever I switch boot drives (different OSes).
    I have the same issue with my internet browser. It's saying something about "not synced". I figured it was the DST issue. I just reloaded it and it was fine.
    The only time I've had issues with the clock is booting out of Linux
    But that is fixed with the last reply here,
    http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopi...988528#p988105
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,289
    Win 10 Pro x64
       09 Mar 2015 #757

    ThrashZone said: View Post
    The only time I've had issues with the clock is booting out of Linux
    But that is fixed with the last reply here,
    http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopi...988528#p988105
    Thanks for the tip!
    The last reply was "Thanks again I thought I was going blind "
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 6,981
    All kinds
       09 Mar 2015 #758

    badrobot said: View Post
    Thanks for the tip!
    The last reply was "Thanks again I thought I was going blind "
    I have ubuntu-14.10 and it doesn't change CMOS clock either.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Nov 2013
    Houston
    Posts : 1,394
    Win-7Prox64 Win-8.1Prox64 Win-10Prox64
       09 Mar 2015 #759

    badrobot said: View Post
    Thanks for the tip!
    The last reply was "Thanks again I thought I was going blind "

    The last string posted
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10.    09 Mar 2015 #760

    Slartybart said: View Post
    Hmmm, I don't see the 3.5 .NET offers in the modern Settings.

    I have .NET 4.6 active in Pgm & Feat -> Windows Features
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Feat.NET.png 
Views:	65 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	14032

    Side note: I de-selected all of the languages I will probably never use - the IME section automatically reflects changes you make to the language section.

    3rd party pgms might still install all language support
    It should be in there, it might be tucked away, way down the list.
    Path:
    'Settings/System/Optional features/Add a feature' about ¾ of the way down.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000018.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	100.6 KB 
ID:	14035
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 76 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Where can bugs in builds be reported?
Other than the built in feedback app - because it has a bug for me on build 10166 and is just a blue windows with a logo that doesn't provide any means to do anything with it. On build 10166, I'm finding there to be many bugs. Some of them are: ...
General Support
Build 10162 Opinions/Problems/Bugs
Admins please delete
Windows Insider
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums