Windows 10: Windows 10 bugs

Page 74 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 14,344
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       08 Mar 2015 #731

    Superfly said: View Post
    Anyone experienced this? I've had the 'plugged in, not charging' for a few hours now...

    Attachment 13962

    Oh, forget to say... it stays at 95%...reboot has no effect... battery is < a year old.

    EDIT:
    Nevermind... switched off/on the wall plug... charging again.
    Well, Mr. Superfly, join the club of unintentional giggles given to your readers. Edwin and I really did need this.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 1,467
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 18.1 MATE (64 bit), W10IP VM, W10 Home
       08 Mar 2015 #732

    Superfly said: View Post
    EDIT:
    Nevermind... switched off/on the wall plug... charging again.
    Sometimes the old ways are best; when something goes wrong reboot.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       08 Mar 2015 #733

    Superfly said: View Post
    Anyone experienced this? I've had the 'plugged in, not charging' for a few hours now...
    Attachment 13962
    Oh, forget to say... it stays at 95%...reboot has no effect... battery is < a year old.
    EDIT: Nevermind... switched off/on the wall plug... charging again.
    Some Energy managers only charge to a level below 100%. Throwing the wall switch 'reset' the capacity test, I guess. A similar thing occurs when I recharge AA batteries (or any size) in a wall charger - it reaches it's capacity threshold and stops charging - if I unplug the charger and plug it back in, the charge cycle begins for a minute or two until the threshold test is met.

    Lenovo util for example: An introduction to Lenovo Energy Management 6.0 - Lenovo Support (US)
    Q: Why does the capacity of battery maintain 50% during the later stage of charging?

    A: It is because that the health mode of “Best Battery Mode” is selected. In this mode shown in Fig.6, the charge capacity is limited under 45%~50%.
    If you want to switch to another mode,
    Click the icon of “Energy Management”
    Click the icon for Advanced Features
    – ”Battery Health”
    – ”Optimize For Battery Runtime”
    – ”Apply”
    – ”OK”.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    08 Mar 2015 #734

    I don't have a laptop at the moment to try it but by chance I run into this program for battery control: Download BATExpert - MajorGeeks
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 14,344
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       08 Mar 2015 #735

    CountMike said: View Post
    I don't have a laptop at the moment to try it but by chance I run into this program for battery control: Download BATExpert - MajorGeeks
    Thank you, Count. So far I haven't been able to follow any instructions in that area, so this is welcome.

    Edit:

    Got it downloaded; now to transfer to the affected lappy.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 8,313
    Windows 10 Professional
       08 Mar 2015 #736

    Not a bug but interesting...


    I wondered why .NET Framework 3.5 applies immediately in W10TP, where as in W8.1 and previous, it would have to download, install then a restart was necessary.
    Well..., it seems that it's already installed and hiding in Settings/System/Optional features/Add a feature,
    however, it won't install from there, you still have to go to 'Programs and Features/Turn Windows Feature On or Off' !?
    Probably going to be like that til the two 'Control Panels' are amalgamated.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000007.png 
Views:	32 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	13983
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 14,948
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       08 Mar 2015 #737

    To turn :NET 3.5 on when one is offline(from the internet you have to: from a thread in Microsoft Community Answer from Kevin Wol that I thanked him for posting(a few people had already asked this question
    In reply to Kevin Wol.'s post on October 15, 2014


    This is the command I used;

    DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All /LimitAccess /Source:d:\sources\sxs

    Where the Source:d was the dvd I used to do the tech review installation (d: should be the drive with the windows 10 tech review installation software)
    Thank you for posting this Kevin.
    I was trying to do a clean install of Windows 10TP on my test laptop, but I use USB mobile broadband, so after installation my surfstick needs .NET 3.5 but the way Microsoft set it that 3.5 isn't activated and the choice given is download, so I was stuck upgrading from Windows 7 which worked very well, but I wanted a clean slate to test with. After a while I had given up, until I came across your post today and tried it.
    The only thing that should be added is a warning that the user goes to files and makes sure of the source letter. I
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    08 Mar 2015 #738

    Wynona said: View Post
    Well, Mr. Superfly, join the club of unintentional giggles given to your readers. Edwin and I really did need this.
    LOL...
    lehnerus2000 said: View Post
    Sometimes the old ways are best; when something goes wrong reboot.
    LOL...What would we do without "Alt+Cntrl+Del"...?

    Slartybart said: View Post
    Some Energy managers only charge to a level below 100%. Throwing the wall switch 'reset' the capacity test, I guess. A similar thing occurs when I recharge AA batteries (or any size) in a wall charger - it reaches it's capacity threshold and stops charging - if I unplug the charger and plug it back in, the charge cycle begins for a minute or two until the threshold test is met.

    Lenovo util for example: An introduction to Lenovo Energy Management 6.0 - Lenovo Support (US)
    Thanx for the insight... been trying to get Conservation mode to work but seems to default back each time...

    CountMike said: View Post
    I don't have a laptop at the moment to try it but by chance I run into this program for battery control: Download BATExpert - MajorGeeks
    Thanks ... I'll check that out as well.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 8,313
    Windows 10 Professional
       09 Mar 2015 #739

    Anyone have the wrong time on their PC this morning?
    Specifically, an hour ahead?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    09 Mar 2015 #740

    I am thinking (bad thing for me) That they now have more than enough feedback to work with, bugs and suggestions, that they no longer have a need to send out more builds for comment.
    Perhaps we will have to wait for the RTM now.
    edit: Forget it. I see that is included in Brink's link.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 74 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Other than the built in feedback app - because it has a bug for me on build 10166 and is just a blue windows with a logo that doesn't provide any means to do anything with it. On build 10166, I'm finding there to be many bugs. Some of them are: ...
Admins please delete
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:09.
Find Us