Windows 10 bugs

Page 71 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
  1. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 27,946
    Windows 10 2404 Build 19042.867
       #701

    Kari said:
    Just tested on a laptop, a desktop and two virtual machines, all running build 9926. Absolutely no problems in reinstalling any of the preview apps. I can install - uninstall - reinstall them as I wish with none whatsoever issues.
    Yes, Kari, I understand you're having no problems like mine. I don't doubt it one bit.

    I believe your experience is valid; by the same token, that doesn't make my, George's and Edwin's experience any less valid. Especially when what we're reporting has also been confirmed by feedback to Windows 10.

    I guess we'll just have to leave it at that for the moment.
      My Computer

  2. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 17,434
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #702

    Wynona said:
    Yes, Kari, I understand you're having no problems like mine. I don't doubt it one bit.

    I believe your experience is valid; by the same token, that doesn't make my, George's and Edwin's experience any less valid. Especially when what we're reporting has also been confirmed by feedback to Windows 10.

    I guess we'll just have to leave it at that for the moment.
    It's not all about you Wynona. Anyway, I apologize for disturbing you with my answer to David (I admit, I forgot to quote him), for this post of his:

    davehc said:
    I honestly believe that anyone who uninstalls the preview, and attempts to re install it, will receive the same error.
    I have now edited my post to include the quote to better show which post I replied to. Once more, I am very sorry I corrected some invalid information presented, I should have known it offends you.
      My Computer

  3. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 27,946
    Windows 10 2404 Build 19042.867
       #703

    Kari said:
    It's not all about you Wynona. Anyway, I apologize for disturbing you with my answer to David (I admit, I forgot to quote him), for this post of his:

    I have now edited my post to include the quote to better show which post I replied to. Once more, I am very sorry I corrected some invalid information presented, I should have known it offends you.
    No, it looks to me that I offended you.
      My Computer

  4. davehc's Avatar
    Posts : 513
       #704

    Wynona said:

    I just tried to uninstall and reinstall Word, but got the same old same old. IIRC, someone said they got the problem with Office and a reinstall of 9926 solved it. I may wind up trying that too, but for now, I'm thinking it's a bit of overkill to solve something like this.
    Yeah. well, I should have stayed out of the posted comments. I was drawn in, mainly to support your own experience, which I had also. A reinstall of the OS solved the problem for me.
    I don't even use Word. I use the latest Apache (Open Office) which does everything with less fuss and constant updates.

    But, one last query, of academioc interest only, and I am out of this, do you get this mysterious message at the end of (attempting) to re install:
    Attachment 13801
      My Computer

  5. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,056
    Windows 10
       #705

    Anyone else running an MS account have this?

    Windows 10 bugs-000168.jpg
      My Computer

  6. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 27,946
    Windows 10 2404 Build 19042.867
       #706

    davehc said:
    Yeah. well, I should have stayed out of the posted comments. I was drawn in, mainly to support your own experience, which I had also. A reinstall of the OS solved the problem for me.
    I don't even use Word. I use the latest Apache (Open Office) which does everything with less fuss and constant updates.

    But, one last query, of academioc interest only, and I am out of this, do you get this mysterious message at the end of (attempting) to re install:
    Attachment 13801
    Yes, I do get that message, Dave. Except mine says 2/27/15.

    I got the old HP dv9700 out and reinstalled Windows. I haven't tried to install the Preview apps on it yet, but will today.

    Thanks for jogging my memory about your experience. Unhappily, that makes three of us with this plus what I found on the Feedback site. Sigh . . . this doesn't look very good to me as far as a solution goes.

    Although I can't tell who has reported the "Word (Excel, PowerPoint) won't open issue in feedback, I would hope everyone who gets it would at least give a "me too" so it gets booted to the tope with the rest of the important issues.

    BTW, I like Kingsoft's WPS Office, which I've been known to call a "ripoff" of Microsoft Office. :) And, of course, I have a subscription to Office 365, so I don't need this particular preview. But it's part of Windows 10 and deserves to be the best it can be.
      My Computer

  7. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 27,946
    Windows 10 2404 Build 19042.867
       #707

    Edwin said:
    Anyone else running an MS account have this?
    Not I! I haven't been brave enough to get into that. I will try, though.

    Edit:

    Going into my Account, I did figure out finally how to keep my computers from copying my desktop pictures to every computer I own! Well, at least the Windows 10 ones. :)

    Will I need to do this for both 10 computers?
    Last edited by Wynona; 06 Mar 2015 at 10:07.
      My Computer

  8. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,056
    Windows 10
       #708

    Wynona said:
    Not I! I haven't been brave enough to get into that. I will try, though.
    Fair enough!
    As far as the Word/Store... issue is concerned, I'm going to wait for a new Build. If the issue persists, I'll tackle it from there.
      My Computer

  9. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 27,946
    Windows 10 2404 Build 19042.867
       #709

    Edwin said:
    Fair enough!
    As far as the Word/Store... issue is concerned, I'm going to wait for a new Build. If the issue persists, I'll tackle it from there.
    I think you're right, Edwin. I'm not sure, but it seems that something is interfering with my Office 365 subscription installing properly on the dv9700, and I'm thinking I'll leave the status quo on both Win 10 lappies until we get a new build.
      My Computer

  10. Vladimir's Avatar
    Posts : 696
    Windows 10 Build 14267
       #710

    Something good and very odd happened here. Suddenly my Windows Phones, that weren't being recognized by Windows 10, started to connect flawlessly. No new update were installed, I simply changed the USB port that I used to connect my extension cable.



    ~edit~

    Lumia 530, Lumia 630 and Lumia 930 working fine with Windows 10.0.9926.

    :)
      My Computer


 
Page 71 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:30.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums