Page 70 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
  1.    05 Mar 2015 #691

    For the heck of it, I installed the Solitaire program. It runsfine. But, as you stated, it is not a Microsoft product. "MS, instead of "Microsoft". Not too good an idea of Microsoft to let than name slip in. This confirms Wynona's last post, where the difference was noted.

    fwiw. I am (always) signed in with a Microsoft account. I honestly believe that anyone who uninstalls the preview, and attempts to re install it, will receive the same error.
    Thank you for your information.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,756
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       05 Mar 2015 #692

    davehc said: View Post
    For the heck of it, I installed the Solitaire program. It runsfine. But, as you stated, it is not a Microsoft product. "MS, instead of "Microsoft". Not too good an idea of Microsoft to let than name slip in. This confirms Wynona's last post, where the difference was noted.
    At any rate, I didn't say it was Microsoft solitaire. Although I did think it was because of the MS.

    davehc said: View Post
    fwiw. I am (always) signed in with a Microsoft account. I honestly believe that anyone who uninstalls the preview, and attempts to re install it, will receive the same error.
    Thank you for your information.
    Same here, Dave. On both of my Windows 8.1 machines and the Windows 10 laptop, when I installed, I accepted the default and just gave my Microsoft ID and password. So, I am never on a machine without being signed in to my Microsoft account.

    I just tried to uninstall and reinstall Word, but got the same old same old. IIRC, someone said they got the problem with Office and a reinstall of 9926 solved it. I may wind up trying that too, but for now, I'm thinking it's a bit of overkill to solve something like this.

    Oh and BTW, I filed feedback on this . . . I found at least three mentions of my same problem and piggybacked my feedback onto one of them. So, although not prevalent, it definitely looks like I'm not crazy after all. Or, if I am, I have some company.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,756
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       05 Mar 2015 #693

    Dave, did you install the MS Solitaire Collection from the regular Store or from the Store (Beta)?

    Since I had installed from the Beta Store, I uninstalled and went to the regular Store. No dice . . . I was told, "Your purchase couldn't be completed." Error Code 0x80073d05.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4.    05 Mar 2015 #694

    "Absolutely no issues with any of the Office Preview apps, none of them are down". FWIW, I had the same problem, as I indicated with my "Ditto" previously. I have the Word preview, obviously obtained from the Beta store and successfully installed and used on my 9926 system. After no further updates except the routine Defender ones, my copy of Word mysteriously stopped working, and still fails with the same message "This app can't open. Check the Windows Store etc".
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,756
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       05 Mar 2015 #695

    George said: View Post
    "Absolutely no issues with any of the Office Preview apps, none of them are down". FWIW, I had the same problem, as I indicated with my "Ditto" previously. I have the Word preview, obviously obtained from the Beta store and successfully installed and used on my 9926 system. After no further updates except the routine Defender ones, my copy of Word mysteriously stopped working, and still fails with the same message "This app can't open. Check the Windows Store etc".
    Thanks for the confirmation, George. Not that I'm one bit happy about it!

    Yes, I saw your ditto, but somehow missed the fact that both you and Edwin had confirmed what I'm seeing.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,756
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       05 Mar 2015 #696

    Edwin said: View Post
    Yup, only with Word though, Excel and Power Point still work!?!?!?
    Looks like I lost your reply in the shuffle, Edwin. Just a FMI (For My Info), have you checked to see if Excel and PowerPoint still work?

    Thanks.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7.    05 Mar 2015 #697

    Wynona said: View Post
    Dave, did you install the MS Solitaire Collection from the regular Store or from the Store (Beta)?

    Since I had installed from the Beta Store, I uninstalled and went to the regular Store. No dice . . . I was told, "Your purchase couldn't be completed." Error Code 0x80073d05.
    My original install was from the normal store. I only installed the "fake MS" one from the Beta store to see what it was. The word "purchase" is, I believe, erroneous. It is free. I have no idea why it would not complete for you I have installed it many times on new installations of the OS. (windows 8 included, of course)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,756
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       05 Mar 2015 #698

    Yeah, same here, Dave. I usually install that one because it's simple and easy. I usually play for a few minutes before I shut down for the night just to wind down.

    After it failed on the regular Store, I tried to reinstall from the Beta Store and it wouldn't. So for now I'm outta luck.

    Getting closer to a complete 9926 reinstall.

    Before I do that, though, I'm going to check out the old (Vista era) laptop that has 10 on it to see what's happening there.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9.    05 Mar 2015 #699

    Sorry. Off thread title. Try the "Star Club" challenges. Great fun
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Oct 2013
    A Finnish ex-pat in Germany
    Posts : 9,575
    Windows 10 Pro
       05 Mar 2015 #700

    davehc said: View Post
    I honestly believe that anyone who uninstalls the preview, and attempts to re install it, will receive the same error.


    Just tested on a laptop, a desktop and two virtual machines, all running build 9926. Absolutely no problems in reinstalling any of the preview apps. I can install - uninstall - reinstall them as I wish with none whatsoever issues.
    Last edited by Kari; 05 Mar 2015 at 15:05.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 70 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Where can bugs in builds be reported?
Other than the built in feedback app - because it has a bug for me on build 10166 and is just a blue windows with a logo that doesn't provide any means to do anything with it. On build 10166, I'm finding there to be many bugs. Some of them are: ...
General Support
Build 10162 Opinions/Problems/Bugs
Admins please delete
Windows Insider
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums