Windows 10: Windows 10 bugs

Page 63 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 18,519
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
       25 Feb 2015 #621

    ReactOS running in VMPlayer...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015 02 25 001.png   2015 02 25 002.png  
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    25 Feb 2015 #622

    That really doesn't look all that bad. I might try it out in a VM as well one day.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 18,519
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
       25 Feb 2015 #623

    I created that some time ago. The programs crash quite a lot. Explorer crashed twice creating those images. As well as a live CD they offer pre-built versions for Quemu, VMPlayer and VBox. The only one I could get to work at the time was VMPlayer. It has probably been updated since.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    25 Feb 2015 #624

    kado897 said: View Post
    I created that some time ago. The programs crash quite a lot. Explorer crashed twice creating those images. As well as a live CD they offer pre-built versions for Quemu, VMPlayer and VBox. The only one I could get to work at the time was VMPlayer. It has probably been updated since.
    Thanks for the information and I'll keep that in mind.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 13,972
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       25 Feb 2015 #625

    kado897 said: View Post
    I created that some time ago. The programs crash quite a lot. Explorer crashed twice creating those images. As well as a live CD they offer pre-built versions for Quemu, VMPlayer and VBox. The only one I could get to work at the time was VMPlayer. It has probably been updated since.
    Installs nicely on Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10 Hyper-V too, in fact it's the fastest OS installation I've seen taking about 3 minutes from starting the installation to desktop. However, I find ReactOS totally useless; it feels like a slow Windows 2000, looks like Windows 2000, is generally speaking very ugly and clumsy (my personal opinion, others might think otherwise).
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 18,519
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
       25 Feb 2015 #626

    Kari said: View Post
    Installs nicely on Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10 Hyper-V too, in fact it's the fastest OS installation I've seen taking about 3 minutes from starting the installation to desktop. However, I find ReactOS totally useless; it feels like a slow Windows 2000, looks like Windows 2000, is generally speaking very ugly and clumsy (my personal opinion, others might think otherwise).
    I agree it sucks. BTW I sorted the reason the VBox version didn't work. It has file references that are invalid. If you edit the ,vbox file in Notepad++ you can remove them from the <DVDImages></DVDImages> section and it loads fine. It only took about a minute to BSOD trying to install Firefox though. Ho hum!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    25 Feb 2015 #627

    The Windows look more like Linux than Windows. The taskbar reminds me Vista and the fly-outs are like XP or some Linux. But if they can make it work, why not.

    I think it would make more sense to beef up the Wine, then a lot of systems could benefit.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 18,519
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
       25 Feb 2015 #628

    I think ReactOS uses Wine executables.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 3,289
    3-Win-7Prox64 2-Win10Prox64
       25 Feb 2015 #629

    Kari said: View Post
    In my optimistic over-enthusiastic mood at the moment, I would be willing to bet we get a new build today, based on this:
    These three points make me almost sure that we get a new build today, sometime around noon PST. So sure that I am willing to bet on it :).
    Too bad buddy it was a good shot,
    Fridays are better so Microsoft can sit out the weekend and come in Monday for a review tour
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  • Posts : 33,123
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       25 Feb 2015 #630

    ThrashZone said: View Post
    Too bad buddy it was a good shot,
    Fridays are better so Microsoft can sit out the weekend and come in Monday for a review tour
    I think Kari lost his bet, but gets the consolation prize!



    (I stole it from Borg386!)
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 63 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

    Related Threads
    Other than the built in feedback app - because it has a bug for me on build 10166 and is just a blue windows with a logo that doesn't provide any means to do anything with it. On build 10166, I'm finding there to be many bugs. Some of them are: ...
    Admins please delete
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08.
    Find Us