Windows 10: Windows 10 bugs

Page 53 of 98 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 9,010
    Windows 10 Professional
       28 Jan 2015 #521

    usmc362 said: View Post
    It pisses me off to no end that you can't keep the windows you open evenly spaced on the desktop. When you center it and close it, it's all over the place when you reopen it. C'mon guys
    That's way too weird! It's like it creeps all over the place on each new opening. It even goes as far as spilling onto the 2nd monitor!
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    28 Jan 2015 #522

    This is what it's supposed to look like in W8 and W7. In W10 no matter how many time you center the windows on the desktop, they are off center when you reopen them
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled.jpg  
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    28 Jan 2015 #523

    usmc362 said: View Post
    This is what it's supposed to look like in W8 and W7. In W10 no matter how many time you center the windows on the desktop, they are off center when you reopen them
    This seems like a bug... Can't find a way to override it. Report it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 3,421
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       28 Jan 2015 #524

    it must be a duel monitor thing if I center one the app in the picture I poster above ,and close it and reopen it goes to the center or at least to what I think is the center
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    28 Jan 2015 #525

    caperjack said: View Post
    it must be a duel monitor thing if I center one the app in the picture I poster above ,and close it and reopen it goes to the center or at least to what I think is the center
    Try closing and reopening it repeatedly and watch it slowly creep down and to the right each time.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 9,010
    Windows 10 Professional
       28 Jan 2015 #526

    Mystere said: View Post
    caperjack said: View Post
    it must be a duel monitor thing if I center one the app in the picture I poster above ,and close it and reopen it goes to the center or at least to what I think is the center
    Try closing and reopening it repeatedly and watch it slowly creep down and to the right each time.
    Exactly!
    I think it's just with File Explorer though, repeated open and closing of apps and snap-ins seem to stay put.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 3,421
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       28 Jan 2015 #527

    Mystere said: View Post
    caperjack said: View Post
    it must be a duel monitor thing if I center one the app in the picture I poster above ,and close it and reopen it goes to the center or at least to what I think is the center
    Try closing and reopening it repeatedly and watch it slowly creep down and to the right each time.
    got it ,it does make it way to the bottom .slowly a bit each time until after 8 or 9 shutdowns it
    went almost to the top and started over heading to the bottom.
    not something i would have ever noticed as i would not open and close file explore that many time in one day ,but that just me .
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    28 Jan 2015 #528

    Upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10 newest build 3 days ago, and recieved the big update earlier today. My problem is, that Chrome can't be updated anymore, automatic or manually.

    If I open Chrome menu and select "About Google Chrome", I just get this message:
    Version 39.0.2171.99 dev-m

    Updates are disabled by the administrator

    If I uninstall Chrome, and reinstall from scratch, I got newest version of Chrome again, but updates are still disabled by the "administrator".

    Is there a fix for this?
    Other using Chrome have seen this?

    I tried to do a clean install on another HDD, and chrome is not handicapped in the clean install, only when upgrading from windows 8.1 to windows 10.

      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    28 Jan 2015 #529

    Lesson learned: Don't upgrade but make a clean install. There are always gremlins with upgrades.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    28 Jan 2015 #530

    whs said: View Post
    Lesson learned: Don't upgrade but make a clean install. There are always gremlins with upgrades.
    I know that, but for some reason I can't get my office 365 to activate (danish office 2013 in an English "beta" OS), unless I upgrade from a working Windows 8.1 (danish) with Office 365 activated.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 53 of 98 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Other than the built in feedback app - because it has a bug for me on build 10166 and is just a blue windows with a logo that doesn't provide any means to do anything with it. On build 10166, I'm finding there to be many bugs. Some of them are: ...
Admins please delete

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:42.
Find Us