Page 51 of 98 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
  1.    28 Jan 2015 #501
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,471
    Windows 10 Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by badrobot View Post
    I will try swithching back to the original 9926 Start Menu and see if that corrects the problem. The reason I suspected it to be the problem is because I disabled Cortana Search from the taskbar. Cortana Search is included under "System" settings which I am having issue with.
    There is nothing in 'Settings/System' for Cortana, 'her' Settings are in the Cortana UI itself.
    Try the taskbar thing again then open Cortana settings in the UI:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000090.png 
Views:	140 
Size:	13.4 KB 
ID:	11239Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000092.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	11240
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    28 Jan 2015 #502
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,660
    Win 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by badrobot View Post
    I will try swithching back to the original 9926 Start Menu and see if that corrects the problem. The reason I suspected it to be the problem is because I disabled Cortana Search from the taskbar. Cortana Search is included under "System" settings which I am having issue with.
    There is nothing in 'Settings/System' for Cortana, 'her' Settings are in the Cortana UI itself.
    Try the taskbar thing again then open Cortana settings in the UI:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000090.png 
Views:	140 
Size:	13.4 KB 
ID:	11239Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000092.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	11240
    When I switched to Resizable Start Menu, I disabled the Search bar on taskbar from there. There is an entry under "System" for Cortana. I have to see if modifying the Start Menu and disabling the taskbar search have something to do with my issue.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sys2.png 
Views:	34 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	11241




    Sorry guys I have to get home and check it out again. Still in the office. I will update you later.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    28 Jan 2015 #503
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,660
    Win 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by labeeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by badrobot View Post
    I will try swithching back to the original 9926 Start Menu and see if that corrects the problem. The reason I suspected it to be the problem is because I disabled Cortana Search from the taskbar. Cortana Search is included under "System" settings which I am having issue with.
    or you could wait for this update and see if that fixes it.
    Microsoft Releases Large Update for Windows 10 Build 9926

    Thanks for the heads up.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    28 Jan 2015 #504
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,471
    Windows 10 Professional

    Only thing in 'Settings/System/Cortana & search' is a link that pops you right back to the Cortana UI.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000097.png 
Views:	21 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	11242
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    28 Jan 2015 #505
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,471
    Windows 10 Professional

    When I switched to Resizable Start Menu, I disabled the Search bar on taskbar from there. There is an entry under "System" for Cortana. I have to see if modifying the Start Menu and disabling the taskbar search have something to do with my issue.
    Maybe; there's a whole bunch of stuff that gets messed up when you do the toggle thing.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    28 Jan 2015 #506
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,873
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by badrobot View Post
    Edit:

    BTW, @IownAmoneyPit and @George , did you switch to resizable start menu or you kept the original from 9926? I also disabled Cortana Search bar. I am thinking that may be the reason why the "System" icon is not working.
    How did you disable that stupid Cortana Search bar!? I have tried everything and it won't budge; just sits there and takes up taskbar real estate! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    28 Jan 2015 #507
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Texas
    Posts : 11,008
    Windows 10 Pro X64

    Wynona, right click on the taskbar, select search, then disable
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    28 Jan 2015 #508
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,873
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude View Post
    Wynona, right click on the taskbar, select search, then disable
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!

    You just saved my sanity.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    28 Jan 2015 #509
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Texas
    Posts : 11,008
    Windows 10 Pro X64

    Quote Originally Posted by Wynona View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude View Post
    Wynona, right click on the taskbar, select search, then disable
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!

    You just saved my sanity.
    Your welcome, I found it to be to big too. I also sometimes select icon as it's not as big
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    28 Jan 2015 #510
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,471
    Windows 10 Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude View Post
    I also sometimes select icon as it's not as big
    There's a bug with that too! When you open the Start Menu, the Search box re-appears and covers up your taskbar icons!
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 51 of 98 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Where can bugs in builds be reported?
Other than the built in feedback app - because it has a bug for me on build 10166 and is just a blue windows with a logo that doesn't provide any means to do anything with it. On build 10166, I'm finding there to be many bugs. Some of them are: ...
General Support
Build 10162 Opinions/Problems/Bugs
Admins please delete
Windows Insider
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums