Page 48 of 98 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Oct 2013
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts : 154
    Windows 10 Technical Preview x64
       27 Jan 2015 #471

    I feel like such a newb

    Thanks one and all...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Oct 2013
    Penns Forrest
    Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       27 Jan 2015 #472

    Tews said: View Post
    I feel like such a newb

    Thanks one and all...
    It must be because you're stuck behind that foggy Window
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Oct 2014
    Manchester CT
    Posts : 272
    Windows 10 Fast Ring
       27 Jan 2015 #473

    My problem with getting Wuapp.exe running is that I am using Directory Opus I think. When I run wuapp i get this instead of update on both System32 and WOW. I will try to change the setting back to File Explorer (ugg in comparison to Directory Opus!)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-01-27_112658.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	11134


    EDIT Yep, that is my problem. Sorry! DOpus usually does thing fine for things like this!

    EDIT By replacing ALL Explorer folders with DOpus, DOpus now works for Wuapp.exe. Thanks everyone!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Oct 2014
    Mid-Hudson Valley, NYS
    Posts : 255
    Windows 10 & Windows 10 Insider Program, Linux Mint 18
       27 Jan 2015 #474

    John Pombrio said: View Post
    My problem with getting Wuapp.exe running is that I am using Directory Opus I think. When I run wuapp i get this instead of update on both System32 and WOW. I will try to change the setting back to File Explorer (ugg in comparison to Directory Opus!)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-01-27_112658.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	11134


    EDIT Yep, that is my problem. Sorry! DOpus usually does thing fine for things like this!

    EDIT By replacing ALL Explorer folders with DOpus, DOpus now works for Wuapp.exe. Thanks everyone!
    John,
    Long time user of DOpus and am curious about how you were opening the Wuapp.exe. I made a shortcut for it and customized DOpus by dragging and dropping it on my already existing toolbar as indicated in the attached.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WUapp.PNG 
Views:	70 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	11143

    Rich
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 1,962
    Windows 7
       27 Jan 2015 #475

    Tews said: View Post
    I feel like such a newb

    Thanks one and all...
    Don't feel bad Tom. That happens to the best of us.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Oct 2014
    Manchester CT
    Posts : 272
    Windows 10 Fast Ring
       27 Jan 2015 #476

    rmonroe36 said: View Post



    John,
    Long time user of DOpus and am curious about how you were opening the Wuapp.exe. I made a shortcut for it and customized DOpus by dragging and dropping it on my already existing toolbar as indicated in the attached.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WUapp.PNG 
Views:	70 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	11143

    Rich
    Rich, when I was dong a clean install, I accidentally click on making DOpus for File Explorer except for certain files. that was my issue.

    As for running programs, I use True Launch Bar, a super quick toolbar with drop down menus, one of which has all of my well used Win10 shortcuts:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-01-27_134116.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	158.1 KB 
ID:	11147
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 1,962
    Windows 7
       27 Jan 2015 #477

    Here is a serious bug. The high contrast skins (themes) and the new UI are incompatible. When you use a high contrast skin like me, the new UI is unusable.

    The first 2 pictures are examples of how the new UI shows in my high contrast skin. The last picture is how it traditionally shows. There is a similar (not the same) problem with Office. Those different development groups don't seem to work together.

    Btw - the forums do not work either - last picture. That is really difficult for me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015-01-27_1842.png   2015-01-27_1843.png   2015-01-27_1844.png   2015-01-27_1905.png  
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Oct 2013
    Canada
    Posts : 800
    Windows 10 Home/10 Pro x 3/Windows 10 Insider Preview ?
       27 Jan 2015 #478

    whs said: View Post
    Here is a serious bug. The high contrast skins (themes) and the new UI are incompatible. When you use a high contrast skin like me, the new UI is unusable.

    The first 2 pictures are examples of how the new UI shows in my high contrast skin. The last picture is how it traditionally shows. There is a similar (not the same) problem with Office. Those different development groups don't seem to work together.

    Btw - the forums do not work either - last picture. That is really difficult for me.
    I see what you mean whs, In your 1st image the icons are still there but you must hover over them to highlight them but they are the same white color as the background. In the 2nd image the link turns the same white color as the background when you attempt to highlight it and finally I am typing this post in a high contrast theme to experience your frustration

    (Now I know how hard it is to find a completely invisible "Bold" button which I shall call "Hovering in the dark")

    Edit: whs If you happen to also use Firefox there are no issues with using a high contrast theme and all buttons are visible.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Forums.PNG 
Views:	45 
Size:	134.8 KB 
ID:	11177
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 1,962
    Windows 7
       27 Jan 2015 #479

    Thanks for the input. I don't have Firefox but I will try it. Ny default is Chrome and then I have a few others. But in Win 10 only IE and Chrome up to now.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Oct 2013
    Canada
    Posts : 800
    Windows 10 Home/10 Pro x 3/Windows 10 Insider Preview ?
       27 Jan 2015 #480

    whs said: View Post
    Thanks for the input. I don't have Firefox but I will try it. Ny default is Chrome and then I have a few others. But in Win 10 only IE and Chrome up to now.
    I don't use chrome and couldn't test if the same issue exists as IE but hopefully our posts will help others using a High contrast theme.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 48 of 98 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Where can bugs in builds be reported?
Other than the built in feedback app - because it has a bug for me on build 10166 and is just a blue windows with a logo that doesn't provide any means to do anything with it. On build 10166, I'm finding there to be many bugs. Some of them are: ...
General Support
Build 10162 Opinions/Problems/Bugs
Admins please delete
Windows Insider
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums