Page 44 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
  1.    13 Dec 2014 #431

    Never mind, I got it!

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ImmersiveShell\Launcher

    DWORD: UseExperience

    Enabled: 1
    Disabled: 0

    (if anyone wants to fool with it, I think you have to create the Launcher key under ImmersiveShell and the DWORD)

    Just found it odd that the batch file reset that Reg entry!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Oct 2014
    Manchester CT
    Posts : 272
    Windows 10 Fast Ring
       16 Dec 2014 #432

    Allright! The latest Win10 update fixed my hard drives not coming out of sleep properly bug. That was my only bug that was still outstanding. Now waiting for the NEXT update to break something, heh.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Jan 2015
    Posts : 1
    Windows 10 Technical Preview 2 - 9926
       26 Jan 2015 #433

    Lock screen always shows that I have a dying battery... ON MY DESKTOP!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Oct 2013
    A Finnish ex-pat in Germany
    Posts : 9,575
    Windows 10 Pro
       26 Jan 2015 #434

    bmakari said: View Post
    Lock screen always shows that I have a dying battery... ON MY DESKTOP!
    Start Menu > All Apps > Insider Hub > Known Issues in Build 9926:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-01-26_12h06_29.png 
Views:	42 
Size:	137.1 KB 
ID:	11027
    (Click to enlarge.)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 6,981
    All kinds
       26 Jan 2015 #435

    bmakari said: View Post
    Lock screen always shows that I have a dying battery... ON MY DESKTOP!
    Well, it can't be more dead than that !!!!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6.    26 Jan 2015 #436

    Hi there.

    Bug about keyboard lights seems to have been fixed -- however I'm using an old keyboard with the PS/2 connector and never had a problem with that. Modern keyboards always seem Black keys with white letters on them or silver with black letters. I prefer my ancient and really old which has WHITE keys and black letters. In a laptop with PS/2==>USB2 adaptor the lights also work so I never experienced that bug.

    The Menu can be reset to the previous build's expanding menu with the search bar by applying Brinks fix (this can also toggle between start menu and start screen without a re-boot).

    I've a couple of niggedly issues with VMware workstation 11 at the moment getting 3-D to work (Host DOES support 3d). Workstation 10 has 3D working just fine - but I miss the dynamic VM RAM allocation and the vastly superior VM performance (although it's perfectly OK on an external SSD anyway). So probably another Ms vs VMware issue again.

    HYPER-V works but fiddling around with some USB devices and dynamic sharing of disks is a bit messy on Hyper V. You seem to have to change some settings in RDP to transfer local resources to the Host.

    On HYPER-V can't get built in webcam to work. on VMware I can just attach the device to the VM and bingo - works fine.

    So far - I've changed my mind about this build. The NO NO for me was the new menu but I've got the re-sizeable one (as per build 9879) back again - that solves my main gripe.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 335
    Windows 10x64 15007
       26 Jan 2015 #437

    If mail isn't set to open full screen the action buttons on top right aren't visible. I have to manually enlarge the screen a bit to get them back.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 6,981
    All kinds
       26 Jan 2015 #438

    Just found that my dual boot with W8.1 and W10 on separate HDD is messed up and W10 will not start properly from boot menu. Starts and resets to the bios again and roundy-round. When used BIOS option to boot to that drive it works. Worked just fine yesterday, going ti investigate further. I used EasyBCD for setting dual boot, fast try to fix it didn't work.
    Update keeps on pushing some wrong drivers, no way to stop it.
    Update:
    Fixed MBR the old school way, now works again.
    Last edited by CountMike; 26 Jan 2015 at 13:41.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,289
    Win 10 Pro x64
       26 Jan 2015 #439

    CountMike said: View Post
    Just found that my dual boot with W8.1 and W10 on separate HDD is messed up and W10 will not start properly from boot menu. Starts and resets to the bios again and roundy-round. When used BIOS option to boot to that drive it works. Worked just fine yesterday, going ti investigate further. I used EasyBCD for setting dual boot, fast try to fix it didn't work.
    Update keeps on pushing some wrong drivers, no way to stop it.

    This is why I gave up the dual boot setup. I just hit F9 to select boot drive. Well, it is still dual boot but I do it from BIOS.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 6,981
    All kinds
       26 Jan 2015 #440

    badrobot said: View Post
    CountMike said: View Post
    Just found that my dual boot with W8.1 and W10 on separate HDD is messed up and W10 will not start properly from boot menu. Starts and resets to the bios again and roundy-round. When used BIOS option to boot to that drive it works. Worked just fine yesterday, going ti investigate further. I used EasyBCD for setting dual boot, fast try to fix it didn't work.
    Update keeps on pushing some wrong drivers, no way to stop it.

    This is why I gave up the dual boot setup. I just hit F9 to select boot drive. Well, it is still dual boot but I do it from BIOS.
    But it worked yesterday just fine, multiple times too.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 44 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Where can bugs in builds be reported?
Other than the built in feedback app - because it has a bug for me on build 10166 and is just a blue windows with a logo that doesn't provide any means to do anything with it. On build 10166, I'm finding there to be many bugs. Some of them are: ...
General Support
Build 10162 Opinions/Problems/Bugs
Admins please delete
Windows Insider
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums