Windows 10: Windows 10 bugs

Page 42 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 9,010
    Windows 10 Professional
       15 Nov 2014 #411

    Yup, blank spaces between notification area icons,
    also Windows is not remembering display sizes.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    15 Nov 2014 #412

    rmonroe36 said: View Post
    CountMike said: View Post
    Does anybody have bad lag while opening Diskcleanup ? I wrote that off because I have W10 on a HDD so it's slower anyway but now in 9879 it takes almost 5 minutes to start opening it at all. Same lag when going to advanced cleanup.
    Pretty much the same here and on two different desktop computers.


    Rich
    You need to clean out the Windows.old and the windows -bt folders, then you will find the operation normal. They can be both pretty large, and disk clean up is taking time to scan them.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 12,388
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       16 Nov 2014 #413

    Wynona said: View Post
    Kari said: View Post
    Thanks for the explanation, I was interested in this as I have a clean install so I had no own experience of that, my Office was clean install. I think I will test this, perform one upgrade install to 9879 from 9860 with Office 365 apps installed.
    Yes, I'd be interested in what you find too.
    Because I need and use both Ms Access and Ms Visio which are not included in Office 365 apps in my subscription, I have not installed my Office apps from 365 before this test but have instead used the normal Office 2013 Professional Plus install media and product key. For this test I made a clean install build 9860 on one real and one virtual machine, installed the whole Office 365 suite of apps and upgraded then both installations to build 9879.

    I installed following apps:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-11-16_12h05_29.png 
Views:	119 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	8348

    OK, tested now. I have none whatsoever issues. Directly after upgrading Build 9860 to Build 9879 all Office apps work as they should, I am already signed in meaning the build upgrade did not remove the sign in information. Screenshot taken seconds after first boot to desktop after build upgrade:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-11-16_15h17_52.png 
Views:	144 
Size:	497.4 KB 
ID:	8349

    Looks like I cannot reproduce your issue. I do not know if the Office 365 edition has any meaning in this but I do not believe it; the apps in my Office 365 Business Premium are exactly the same than in all other Office 365 editions.

    Kari
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 16,750
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281
       16 Nov 2014 #414

    Kari said: View Post
    Because I need and use both Ms Access and Ms Visio which are not included in Office 365 apps in my subscription, I have not installed my Office apps from 365 before this test but have instead used the normal Office 2013 Professional Plus install media and product key. For this test I made a clean install build 9860 on one real and one virtual machine, installed the whole Office 365 suite of apps and upgraded then both installations to build 9879.

    I installed following apps:

    OK, tested now. I have none whatsoever issues. Directly after upgrading Build 9860 to Build 9879 all Office apps work as they should, I am already signed in meaning the build upgrade did not remove the sign in information. Screenshot taken seconds after first boot to desktop after build upgrade:

    Kari
    Two things, Kari:

    1. I have a subscription to Office Home ($99 per year for 5 computers) and Access comes with it. I believe my Office 2013 Pro Plus also comes with Access. So I find it strange that you don't have Access with your package. Visio is not included in my package.

    2. It's very strange that I had problems and you didn't. Very strange indeed.

    Maybe I should try the whole thing again?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 12,388
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       16 Nov 2014 #415

    Wynona said: View Post
    1. I have a subscription to Office Home ($99 per year for 5 computers) and Access comes with it. I believe my Office 2013 Pro Plus also comes with Access. So I find it strange that you don't have Access with your package. Visio is not included in my package.
    I have Office 365 Business Premium which costs here €115.20 ($144) a year per user, with obligatory 23% VAT €142 ($178) per user a year. I need and have three users. In Business and Enterprise editions of Office 365 the cheapest edition to contain Access which also has all other elements I need is Office 365 Enterprise E3 which costs here exactly the double of that, €230 ($288) a year per user, VAT included €284 ($356).

    In my case the difference is simply too big, I am not willing to pay over €420 ($530) a year extra for these three users only to get Access, especially as I have multiple Office 2013 Professional Plus licences. On the other hand, I cannot get a lesser edition than the current Business Premium because they lack some of the services and features I need. I am kind of paying for these Office apps without ever needing them because I have no other options .

    Office 365 Business and Enterprise edition comparison: Compare All Office 365 for Business Plans

    The same comparison in my adopted home country Germany. Notice that European prices are without 23% VAT which will be added: Alle Pläne für Office 365 für Unternehmen vergleichen

    Wynona said: View Post
    2. It's very strange that I had problems and you didn't. Very strange indeed.

    Maybe I should try the whole thing again?
    It is strange. If you have time and patience to try again, I would clean install 9860, install and sign in to Office 365 apps, then upgrade to 9879. If you decide to give it a try do not forget first to deactivate previous Office 365 installation in order to avoid any unnecessary problems:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-11-16_16h33_34.png 
Views:	57 
Size:	14.2 KB 
ID:	8354
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 9,010
    Windows 10 Professional
       16 Nov 2014 #416

    Anybody else loose 'Sticky Corners/Edges' (dual monitors) in Build 9879?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    18 Nov 2014 #417

    rseiler said: View Post
    If anyone is seeing funny things happen with the taskbar over time (it might take a day or more of Windows use without rebooting), such as icons there not looking right, icons going missing, the Start menu malfunctioning, a quicklanuch menu not working, use Task Manager to check and see if explorer.exe has hit the 10K GDI Objects wall. There's a leak.
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com:443/Forums/en-US/f2bd7f75-6d28-498c-bee2-5d716d426963/9879-gdi-objects-resource-leak-in-explorerexe-directly-affects-taskbar
    Something like 9,999 GDI objects and 600MB of private byte memory?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rY3FVPO.png 
Views:	170 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	8452

    I've seen this after running a machine for approx 2 days so I would recommend rebooting every so often or restarting the Explorer process if you're unlucky and run into this issue with build 9879.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 16,750
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281
       18 Nov 2014 #418

    Kari said: View Post

    Wynona said: View Post
    2. It's very strange that I had problems and you didn't. Very strange indeed.

    Maybe I should try the whole thing again?
    In my case the difference is simply too big, I am not willing to pay over €420 ($530) a year extra for these three users only to get Access, especially as I have multiple Office 2013 Professional Plus licences. On the other hand, I cannot get a lesser edition than the current Business Premium because they lack some of the services and features I need. I am kind of paying for these Office apps without ever needing them because I have no other options .

    It is strange. If you have time and patience to try again, I would clean install 9860, install and sign in to Office 365 apps, then upgrade to 9879. If you decide to give it a try do not forget first to deactivate previous Office 365 installation in order to avoid any unnecessary problems:
    Hi Kari,

    That is a huge difference in cost and I don't blame you one bit for not paying extra for Access when you have it in Office 2013. Do you just install the Access part of Office 2013 and do they play nice together?

    We have a doctor appointment this morning, but I will try to get to re-installing 9860 and then Office 365 this afternoon.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 12,388
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       18 Nov 2014 #419

    Wynona said: View Post
    That is a huge difference in cost and I don't blame you one bit for not paying extra for Access when you have it in Office 2013. Do you just install the Access part of Office 2013 and do they play nice together?

    We have a doctor appointment this morning, but I will try to get to re-installing 9860 and then Office 365 this afternoon.
    I have the ISO file, I just install using it:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-11-18_15h17_30.png 
Views:	34 
Size:	411.9 KB 
ID:	8464

    Then I enter my product key which connects the Office with my normal MS Account, then add the Office 365 account. This allows me to use all Office apps as I'd like to, selecting from three online save locations according to what I need, a Sharepoint team website, OneDrive for Business or normal OneDrive.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-11-18_15h21_02.png 
Views:	37 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	8463

    I'm interested how it goes if you try the Build 9860 > Install Office 365 > Sign in to Office 365 > Upgrade to Build 9879 process once again. Please keep us posted.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    18 Nov 2014 #420

    davehc said: View Post
    rmonroe36 said: View Post
    CountMike said: View Post
    Does anybody have bad lag while opening Diskcleanup ? I wrote that off because I have W10 on a HDD so it's slower anyway but now in 9879 it takes almost 5 minutes to start opening it at all. Same lag when going to advanced cleanup.
    Pretty much the same here and on two different desktop computers.


    Rich
    You need to clean out the Windows.old and the windows -bt folders, then you will find the operation normal. They can be both pretty large, and disk clean up is taking time to scan them.
    Hi davehc, in response to your reply of my query here: https://www.tenforums.com/general-dis...tml#post167613

    Anyway even with Windows.old cleaned out disk cleanup still takes forever to launch. It may be "scanning", but the issue is you don't know and may simply think the operation isn't working, or simply crashed as there's no indication of any activity.

    While writing the post I launched DC and it took over two minutes to launch. I would definitely call this a bug.

    At any rate now I know, thanks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 42 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Other than the built in feedback app - because it has a bug for me on build 10166 and is just a blue windows with a logo that doesn't provide any means to do anything with it. On build 10166, I'm finding there to be many bugs. Some of them are: ...
Admins please delete

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:18.
Find Us