Windows 10 bugs

Page 32 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
  1. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 17,119
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #311

    I forgot that you not only created one but also tested it as I requested. My bad . Your assistance in finding out if the ISO works or not was valuable.

    Anyway, I had first upgraded all my 9841s to 9860. Had various small issues, nothing bad but yet enough to annoy me. Tried the clean install, was surprised how well it worked, now I have replaced all upgrade installs with clean install and have next to none problems.
      My Computer

  2. lehnerus2000's Avatar
    Posts : 1,808
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 19.2 MATE (64 bit), W10 Home 1703 (64 bit), W10 Pro 1703 (64 bit) VM
       #312

    Kari said:
    I forgot that you not only created one but also tested it as I requested. My bad . Your assistance in finding out if the ISO works or not was valuable.
    No problems. :)

    I could build a new VM as I only have a few programs installed:

    • Pale Moon 25.0.2 (64 bit) runs smoothly
    • MPC-HC (64 bit) & VLC (64 bit) are a bit twitchy


    The media player issue is probably caused by my Linux Mint 17 graphics driver though.
    VMware Player complains about the OpenGL driver.

    I have no idea how to fix that and I can't be bothered to search for an answer.
    The last time I tried to fix a driver issue, it took me and my Linux expert friend several hours.
      My Computer

  3. EvilJenius's Avatar
    Posts : 21
    Windows 10
       #313

    lehnerus2000 said:
    AddRAM said:
    Build 9841 worked perfect for me, no issues at all, ...
    IMO, b9841 worked better than b9860 does.

    I regret updating to b9860.
    I found that 9841 was much more stable for me. I wound up clean installing 9841 again then doing the upgrade straight away to 9860. Then updated the system and installed any necessary drivers. Things are much more stable now but I do have an issue with newly installed software either waits a few days to show up on the start menu or never actually shows up on the start menu. The items are listed properly in c:\programdata\microsoft\windows\start menu\ just a no show on the start menu.
      My Computer

  4. lehnerus2000's Avatar
    Posts : 1,808
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 19.2 MATE (64 bit), W10 Home 1703 (64 bit), W10 Pro 1703 (64 bit) VM
       #314

    I haven't had stability issues with either build.

    For me, Window Snapping was the "killer feature" of b9841.
    In b9860, it's horribly broken (even the basic W7-style of Window Snapping doesn't work reliably).

    The two different GUI styles are still annoying though (e.g. Control Panel vs PC settings).
      My Computer

  5. Slartybart's Avatar
    Posts : 3,502
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       #315

    Home location displays "This folder is empty". Tried various views, sort by and group by - nothing changed. This was a consolidate location (links, recent, other shortcuts) ... now it's nothing since he 9860 bld.

    I like the concept of home, MS must be figuring out what to place in that location. Maybe they should make it user configurable ala Libraries (what does the user want in the home location).

    Previous bld:
    Windows 10 bugs-home.png

    Current bld
    Windows 10 bugs-homemt.png
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 54
    Windows 8.1 & TP 9926
       #316

    Slartybart said:
    Home location displays "This folder is empty". Tried various views, sort by and group by - nothing changed. This was a consolidate location (links, recent, other shortcuts) ... now it's nothing since he 9860 bld.

    I like the concept of home, MS must be figuring out what to place in that location. Maybe they should make it user configurable ala Libraries (what does the user want in the home location).

    Previous bld:
    Current bld

    For me it shows Frequent folders and recent files (cut in 2 portion)
      My Computer


  7. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 17,119
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #317

    As far as I have understood the Home view shows recent items. If it's not selected as in my case, the Home view is empty. It starts populating with recent folders if you select both items in Taskbar Properties > Start Menu tab and reboot, at least I can reproduce this every time: deselect recent items, Home view is empty, select recent items and reboot, Home view starts populating.

    Windows 10 bugs-2014-11-01_02h46_52.png
      My Computer

  8. Slartybart's Avatar
    Posts : 3,502
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       #318

    Thanks Kari, the magic potion - reboot!

    Thought about it, but did not follow through on the hunch. Odd that it would require a reboot and odd that the "recent" option controls the Home location.

    I'll set my Start Menu tab as in your image and reboot.

    In my mind, the Home location is more than Recent and should not be controlled by this option. I'll send feedback on my results (I am fairly certain that this will resolve the Home location because it is easily reproduced on your machine).

    Bill
    .
      My Computer

  9. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 17,119
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #319

    If you set it as mine screenshot shows, the Home view remains empty. I do not want the Home view to show the recent items, that's why I have disabled it. As far as I know you must select the recent items checkbox, then reboot to get Home view populated.
      My Computer

  10. lehnerus2000's Avatar
    Posts : 1,808
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 19.2 MATE (64 bit), W10 Home 1703 (64 bit), W10 Pro 1703 (64 bit) VM
       #320

    Kari said:
    As far as I have understood the Home view shows recent items. If it's not selected as in my case, the Home view is empty. It starts populating with recent folders if you select both items in Taskbar Properties > Start Menu tab and reboot, at least I can reproduce this every time: deselect recent items, Home view is empty, select recent items and reboot, Home view starts populating.
    Windows 10 bugs-2014-11-01_02h46_52.png
    In that case, I think that MS should add an extra checkbox to that window.
      My Computer


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums