Windows 10 bugs

Page 27 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
  1. MilesAhead's Avatar
    Posts : 757
    Host W8.0 x64 Guest W10 x86
       #261

    Anyone with a Laptop is the option to display the Power Level in the Tray grayed out? It is on my VM.
      My Computer

  2. labeeman's Avatar
    Posts : 14,772
    Mint 19.3
       #262

    MilesAhead said:
    Anyone with a Laptop is the option to display the Power Level in the Tray grayed out? It is on my VM.
    Displays correctly on my Lenovo W530.
    It is a bare metal install.
      My Computer

  3. MilesAhead's Avatar
    Posts : 757
    Host W8.0 x64 Guest W10 x86
       #263

    labeeman said:
    Displays correctly on my Lenovo W530.
    It is a bare metal install.
    Thanks for the info. :)
      My Computer

  4. labeeman's Avatar
    Posts : 14,772
    Mint 19.3
       #264

    MilesAhead said:
    Thanks for the info. :)
    You are welcome.
      My Computer

  5. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 15,439
    Windows 10
       #265

    Did anyone else notice the ability to scroll any page or window even if they're inactive?
      My Computer

  6. MilesAhead's Avatar
    Posts : 757
    Host W8.0 x64 Guest W10 x86
       #266

    Yikes! I think I read someplace when looking for tray icon fixes that the language thing could only be "fixed" by removing all other languages. But don't take my word for it. I can't remember which page I saw it on.


    Edit: I found my setting. Latest VMWare Player select your VM and click Hardware Settings, click Options Tab. Click Power. Check "report battery info to Guest." I ran the VM and the power icon displayed without any further action.
    Last edited by MilesAhead; 17 Oct 2014 at 07:27.
      My Computer


  7. Slartybart's Avatar
    Posts : 3,502
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       #267

    MilesAhead said:
    Yikes! I think I read someplace when looking for tray icon fixes that the language thing could only be "fixed" by removing all other languages. But don't take my word for it. I can't remember which page I saw it on.

    Edit: I found my setting. Latest VMWare Player select your VM and click Hardware Settings, click Options Tab. Click Power. Check "report battery info to Guest." I ran the VM and the power icon displayed without any further action.
    Thanks for the VMware info - now I have to figure out where that might be in Hyper-V (if it exists).

    Language icon: disappeared as mysteriously as it appeared when I went back into customize notifications -> turn on/off. I noticed that there is an option for Input Indicator. I don't recall seeing it before, but it's also in Win8.1.

    I do recall language IME being difficult to manage - I managed to screw it up a number of times in control panel on Vista and Win7.
      My Computer

  8. Slartybart's Avatar
    Posts : 3,502
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       #268

    Edwin said:
    If you throw a Modern app in the upper corner, is it hanging 2/3 down?
    I'll try that next time I bring up the VM. I did notice while playing around with the arrow key snap that horizontal snaps will be in thirds if you keep pressing the up or down arrow. Haven't played with it long enough to know how to control placement though, so far I've only seen top and bottom placement. I wonder if taskbar-> show windows stacked/side-by-side has any desired effect on snapped windows. I'll try that too.
      My Computer

  9. MilesAhead's Avatar
    Posts : 757
    Host W8.0 x64 Guest W10 x86
       #269

    Input Indicator.
    I wondered about that. At first I thought it might be a HD LED but "input indicator" didn't sound right. That is the language thingy. I found some stuff about deleting a Registry key.. something about iconstream or other, to get it out of the tray or put it back.

    Glad the problem went away. :)
      My Computer

  10. Layback Bear's Avatar
    Posts : 983
    Windows 7/64 Professional
       #270

    Edwin said:
    Did anyone else notice the ability to scroll any page or window even if they're inactive?
    Yes I did.
    Under two conditions.
    If your cursor is on the inactive page it still scrolls.

    If the active page is not scrollable the page behind it will still scroll.
      My Computers


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:30.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums