Page 23 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
  1.    12 Oct 2014 #221
    Join Date : Aug 2014
    Australia, Adelaide
    Posts : 1,570
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 18.2 MATE (64 bit), W10 Home (64 bit)

    Window Snapping


    Quote Originally Posted by Slartybart View Post
    (I haven't played with vertical / multiple snaps because left and right weren't working - that and the mouse control isn't all that easy - that and I'm not sure if it's on the Immersive side or the Desktop side- I'll post an update in a bit)
    I've tried Window Snapping on the desktop and (IMO) it is excellent.
    The only issue I've had so far is that the Task Manager window won't snap at all.

    It works slightly differently to W7 due to the extra options now available.
    "Windows key + Arrow keys" control the Window Snapping.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Window Snap 01.png 
Views:	136 
Size:	250.3 KB 
ID:	6915

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Window Snap 02.png 
Views:	125 
Size:	254.4 KB 
ID:	6914

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Window Snap 03.png 
Views:	49 
Size:	213.4 KB 
ID:	6913

    Quote Originally Posted by Slartybart View Post
    Ctrl-PrtScrn = full screen capture
    Ctrl-Alt-PrtScrn = Window in focus capture

    Popups and dropdowns are sometimes difficult to capture.

    Kari has a thread or tutorial that shows some capture options - somewhere.
    You shouldn't need to use the "Ctrl" key.

    I only need to use:

    • "PrtScn": Fullscreen
    • "Alt + PrtScn": Active window

    "Ctrl + PrtScn" used to send the screenshot to the printer.
    Last edited by lehnerus2000; 12 Oct 2014 at 23:14. Reason: Syntax
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    12 Oct 2014 #222
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Mid-Hudson Valley, NYS
    Posts : 273
    Windows 10 Insider Program, Linux Mint 18.2, LinuxLite, Ubuntu 17.10

    Pin To Start From Desktop Only


    If I create a shortcut from within the C:\Program Files (x86), I cannot Pin To Start. If I send that shortcut to the Desktop, I then can pin it to Start.

    Rich
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    12 Oct 2014 #223
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,486
    Windows 10 Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by rmonroe36 View Post
    If I create a shortcut from within the C:\Program Files (x86), I cannot Pin To Start. If I send that shortcut to the Desktop, I then can pin it to Start.

    Rich
    Yeah, I don't know what's up with that! However, if you Shift/Right Click on an .exe you will have many choices.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    12 Oct 2014 #224
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Mid-Hudson Valley, NYS
    Posts : 273
    Windows 10 Insider Program, Linux Mint 18.2, LinuxLite, Ubuntu 17.10

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    However, if you Shift/Right Click on an .exe you will have many choices.
    Thanks for the tip!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    12 Oct 2014 #225
    Join Date : Aug 2014
    Australia, Adelaide
    Posts : 1,570
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 18.2 MATE (64 bit), W10 Home (64 bit)

    Confirmed?


    Quote Originally Posted by Slartybart View Post
    Correction:
    Ctrl-PrtScrn = full screen capture
    Ctrl-Alt-PrtScrn = Window in focus capture


    PrtScrn = full screen capture
    Alt-PrtScrn = Window in focus capture

    Popups and dropdowns are sometimes difficult to capture.

    Kari has a thread or tutorial that shows some capture options - somewhere.
    I hope you tested those shortcuts.

    Just because they work on my PC, it doesn't necessarily mean they work on other people's PCs.

    Also in the W8 series, "Windows Key + PrtScn" automatically copies fullscreen screenshots to your Pictures folder.
    I haven't tried that shortcut in W10TP yet.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    12 Oct 2014 #226
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Penns Forrest
    Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3

    Quote Originally Posted by lehnerus2000 View Post
    I hope you tested those shortcuts.

    Just because they work on my PC, it doesn't necessarily mean they work on other people's PCs.

    Also in the W8 series, "Windows Key + PrtScn" automatically copies fullscreen screenshots to your Pictures folder.
    I haven't tried that shortcut in W10TP yet.
    Tested and approved.

    Now that you say that, though ... Just because they work on my machine and your machine doesn't ....

    WinKey+PrtScrn places the full screen image in a sub-folder, Screenshots, under Pictures.
    Adding the Alt key does NOT place a windowed screen shot though

    Bill
    .
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    12 Oct 2014 #227
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Penns Forrest
    Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3

    Multisnap works - hope it sticks after a VM restart

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (2).png 
Views:	29 
Size:	192.6 KB 
ID:	6941
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    12 Oct 2014 #228
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,486
    Windows 10 Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by Slartybart View Post
    Multisnap works - hope it sticks after a VM restart
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (2).png 
Views:	29 
Size:	192.6 KB 
ID:	6941
    If you throw a Modern app in the upper corner, is it hanging 2/3 down?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    12 Oct 2014 #229
    Join Date : Aug 2014
    Australia, Adelaide
    Posts : 1,570
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 18.2 MATE (64 bit), W10 Home (64 bit)

    Quote Originally Posted by Slartybart View Post
    WinKey+PrtScrn places the full screen image in a sub-folder, Screenshots, under Pictures.
    Adding the Alt key does NOT place a windowed screen shot though
    I not sure that "WinKey + Alt + PrtScn" did anything in the W8 series.

    Maybe a W8 series user knows the answer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    If you throw a Modern app in the upper corner, is it hanging 2/3 down?
    I haven't tried using the Apps.
    I assume that they use a different method.

    Couldn't you "Metro Snap" 3 Metro Apps, as columns in W8.1?
    Last edited by lehnerus2000; 13 Oct 2014 at 00:12. Reason: Quote Added
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    13 Oct 2014 #230
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,486
    Windows 10 Professional

    File Explorer windows off okay, but Modern apps seem to pin in 3rd's!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000004.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	6944
    Last edited by Edwin; 13 Oct 2014 at 00:13.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 23 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Where can bugs in builds be reported?
Other than the built in feedback app - because it has a bug for me on build 10166 and is just a blue windows with a logo that doesn't provide any means to do anything with it. On build 10166, I'm finding there to be many bugs. Some of them are: ...
General Support
Build 10162 Opinions/Problems/Bugs
Admins please delete
Windows Insider
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:49.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums