Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

  1. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 839
    Windows 8.1, Win10Pro
       03 Sep 2015 #21

    Any help much appreciated. I've tried safe mode and clean boot but the problems remain.
    Then, go to the ASUS Help page for your Mobo and read through the Win10 items -- maybe something there will help: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8P67/HelpDesk/
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Sep 2015
    Posts : 21
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       04 Sep 2015 #22

    Mark Phelps said: View Post
    Then, go to the ASUS Help page for your Mobo and read through the Win10 items -- maybe something there will help: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8P67/HelpDesk/
    Unfortunately, those are generic questions that aren't directly related to my mobo (or even Windows 10). Strangely, as they've told me the mobo isn't compatible with Win10, why do they even have those post Win10 upgrade FAQs on there?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Sep 2015
    Posts : 21
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       04 Sep 2015 #23

    Phone Man said: View Post
    When you did the clean install, did you disconnect your raid drives and just leave the SSD to install on?

    Jim
    Yes, disconnected all other drives.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Sep 2015
    Posts : 21
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       04 Sep 2015 #24

    dogpark said: View Post
    Because they have been so much help so far I have yet to upgrade but this is the kind of stuff that worries me.
    May I ask did your PC pass the compatibility test?

    thanks
    Yes, the upgrade logo came up on Win 8.1 and Microsoft list the mobo as compatible.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Sep 2015
    Posts : 21
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       04 Sep 2015 #25

    p.s. I've just confirmed something that I thought I might be imagining. I've just gone to a website in Internet Explorer that I know I haven't been to since the clean install. The website had my username and password stored.
    How is this so? If I'm logged in with a Microsoft account, do they store this stuff remotely?
    Was this not a "clean" install at all?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Sep 2015
    Posts : 21
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       04 Sep 2015 #26

    ymisyd said: View Post
    p.s. I've just confirmed something that I thought I might be imagining. I've just gone to a website in Internet Explorer that I know I haven't been to since the clean install. The website had my username and password stored.
    How is this so? If I'm logged in with a Microsoft account, do they store this stuff remotely?
    Was this not a "clean" install at all?
    I suppose I just found the answer to my own question....

    "Your account info is encrypted and stored on your PC – it isn't shared between user accounts and other apps on the PC can't read the passwords. But, if you sign in to a different PC with your Microsoft account, you'll be able to sign in to sites with your saved account info in Internet Explorer because this info is roamed across devices."
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 8,194
    Windows 10 IoT
       04 Sep 2015 #27

    The Onedrive Sync feature can backup and sync your IE favorites and website logon inf. On a clean install it Syncs it back in if your using a Microsoft Account. You can Sync your lock screen picture, theme, desktop background etc. It's all in the Onedrive Sync settings. For what it's worth, I have Windows 10 running on an ASUS M2N68-AM SE2 and an M4N68T-M V2. Both are old motherboards with no Windows 10 drivers listed for download from ASUS. Both work just fine with the default Windows drivers. The Video and Sound drivers get installed via Windows update on the first log in. I'm also running Windows 10 on my ASUS K75DE laptop, same deal, work just fine with the stock drivers. It's not that old but last time I checked there were no Windows 10 drivers available for it from ASUS. All three of these devices were upgraded to Windows 10 Pro via the free upgrade. I have since done clean installs on the M2N68 and my laptop. No problems with that either. Wish I had more to offer in the way of help. Will keep watching this thread though.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 359
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit v10586.3
       04 Sep 2015 #28

    Prepare your drive for the clean install. Wipe the drive, delete all partions, and reformat your drive. If you updated your original OS to win 10 no serial required for clean install. Hope this isn't a troll thread. Strange outcome here. Just sayin.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Sep 2015
    Posts : 21
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       05 Sep 2015 #29

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    The Onedrive Sync feature can backup and sync your IE favorites and website logon inf. On a clean install it Syncs it back in if your using a Microsoft Account. You can Sync your lock screen picture, theme, desktop background etc. It's all in the Onedrive Sync settings. For what it's worth, I have Windows 10 running on an ASUS M2N68-AM SE2 and an M4N68T-M V2. Both are old motherboards with no Windows 10 drivers listed for download from ASUS. Both work just fine with the default Windows drivers. The Video and Sound drivers get installed via Windows update on the first log in. I'm also running Windows 10 on my ASUS K75DE laptop, same deal, work just fine with the stock drivers. It's not that old but last time I checked there were no Windows 10 drivers available for it from ASUS. All three of these devices were upgraded to Windows 10 Pro via the free upgrade. I have since done clean installs on the M2N68 and my laptop. No problems with that either. Wish I had more to offer in the way of help. Will keep watching this thread though.
    Alphanumeric,
    Thanks. It's encouraging to know that your Asus products work, despite no official support.
    Strangely, despite Windows not downloading any product updates, Windows Update is now only taking a few seconds, rather than twenty minutes - I'll see if it lasts.
    If nobody can suggest anything radical that's going to solve my problems, then perhaps I'll try another clean install.
    I'll update with how it goes....
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 8,194
    Windows 10 IoT
       05 Sep 2015 #30

    You could try doing a Reset first. Reset Windows 10
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Clean install and automatic video card driver install (nvidia)
Sorry if this has been addressed already (a search didn't yield exactly what I was looking for). I'm planning on doing a clean install of Win10 next weekend after upgrading from 7 x64 Pro. I'm wondering if anybody has a detailed account on what...
Installation and Setup
Windows 10 Bad Install/Problems after install/ Black screen issue
Whenever I log on, I get a black screen with a cursor. I can access my files and go online through task manager but my desktop doesn't load up. This has led me to believe that maybe that part of the install went bad and those files were never made...
General Support
W10 inaccessible_boot_device after clean clean install 0xc000000f Err
When I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7, it worked fine for the next few hours then i couldnt acess the log in screen it was just stuck on the slider and then it flickers. tried to trouble shoot, system restore, clean installed (using...
Installation and Setup
Clean install on EFI computer causing boot problems
I had made a clean install of Windows 10 on an older computer without any issues. Then I tried to do a clean install on a newer EFI-based computer. I had trouble like many others once I tried to install to a GPT partition having booted from a USB...
Installation and Setup
Clean install of 9841 problems
I was forced to do a clean install of 9841 this morning. Computer started acting crazy using 9879. Actually I think I messed around with it too much. :) Anyhow... Reformatted my hard drive, clean install from USB. Now when I try and install the next...
Installation and Setup
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:00.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums