Can't restart. Re-start circle(?) just goes round and round endlessly

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 222
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #61

    Megahertz said:
    Please don't use external links
    How to Upload and Post Screenshots and Files at Ten Forums

    Open device manager
    Select the driver and right click - Properties
    On the Details tab select Hardware ID
    Select the first line and choose copy
    Paste the ID here
    Attachment 390246
    Hi, for some reason, I used to upload images to tenforums, but now uploading images to tenforums is failing on my end.

    I also can't paste the driver ID because I can't tell which driver is missing or has issues. The error say Windows "could not find drivers for your device".

    - - - Updated - - -

    pepanee said:
    Hi, I'm back.

    ...
    Since Windows doesn't recognize that device,...
    I'm glad you're back. Thank you. The problem is Windows does not identify the device. I can't fix, upgrade, install or ignore an unknown device.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Can't restart. Re-start circle(?) just goes round and round endlessly-device-mgr3-5-4-2023-6-48-10-pm.jpg
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 2,905
    Windows 10 Pro for the Bro
       #62

    Thanks. Yea, I want to try to help you fix this.

    When you right-click on it, you don't see "Disable"?
    Is there a Uninstall/Remove device? Don't do this just yet though.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 222
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #63

    -------

    For some reason, I'm able to upload images to tenforums again (see above). Above image is the message that tells me I can't install the "Base System Device". What is a "Base System Device"?
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 2,905
    Windows 10 Pro for the Bro
       #64

    bofhlusr said:
    -------

    For some reason, I'm able to upload images to tenforums again (see above). Above image is the message that tells me I can't install the "Base System Device". What is a "Base System Device"?
    By the way, this is what Megahertz was talking about:
    How to Fix the "Base System Device" Error in Device Manager

    See if you can do that for him real quick. And congrats on your computer fixing itself with the image uploads to this site. Let's hope your computer will keep fixing itself so you have no more Shut Down Restart issue! yay!
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 222
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #65

    pepanee said:
    By the way, this is what Megahertz was talking about:
    How to Fix the "Base System Device" Error in Device Manager

    See if you can do that for him real quick. And congrats on your computer fixing itself with the image uploads to this site. Let's hope your computer will keep fixing itself so you have no more Shut Down Restart issue! yay!
    Thanks. Helps a lot. The "Base System Device" is this:
    Vendor Vendor ID Description Device ID
    Intel Corporation 8086 Xeon E3-1200 v5/v6 / E3-1500 v5 / 6th/7th Gen Core Processor Gaussian Mixture Model 1911

    My Gigabyte motherboard details is in the link below. There are so many drivers. Which driver should I download?
    Z370M DS3H (rev. 1.0) Support | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

    For what it's worth, I'm using the motherboard's speaker and ethernet port. I'm using an i7-8700k and a PNY GTX 1070ti. Both are running default (no overclock). And apparently the system is stable based on the results of the IntelBurnTest that I ran.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 2,905
    Windows 10 Pro for the Bro
       #66

    Hi, I don't know exactly which driver to download. But I checked Intel's site and they have a utility that will auto-detect what hardware you have, and should install the right driver:

    Intel(R) Driver & Support Assistant

    Press the "Download now" button, install it, and open that program, and see what drivers it could help install.

    (It seems that your speaker and ethernet seem to be working well. I see no issues with that.)
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 222
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #67

    pepanee said:
    Hi, I don't know exactly which driver to download. But I checked Intel's site and they have a utility that will auto-detect what hardware you have, and should install the right driver:

    Intel(R) Driver & Support Assistant

    Press the "Download now" button, install it, and open that program, and see what drivers it could help install.

    (It seems that your speaker and ethernet seem to be working well. I see no issues with that.)
    Another dead-end.

    Can't restart. Re-start circle(?) just goes round and round endlessly-intel-5-4-2023-9-57-28-pm.jpg

    ----

    Can't restart. Re-start circle(?) just goes round and round endlessly-intelburntest.jpg
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 2,905
    Windows 10 Pro for the Bro
       #68

    Have you tried clicking the link in the bottom right picture?
    "Search for updated drivers on Windows Update"
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 222
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #69

    pepanee said:
    Have you tried clicking the link in the bottom right picture?
    "Search for updated drivers on Windows Update"
    No. I haven't tried clicking the link. But I just did (see below):

    Can't restart. Re-start circle(?) just goes round and round endlessly-windows-update-5-4-2023-10-30-54-pm.jpg

    The more I think of it, the more I suspect that this error might be trace-able to this error which first showed up last March 30. I never had this problem prior to March 30. Lots and lots of users are experiencing this problem for the first time also:

    New MSFS error in graphics - Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - The AVSIM Community

    Can't restart. Re-start circle(?) just goes round and round endlessly-graphics-error-avsim.jpg

    These users think the error is either caused by Microsoft's Flight Simulator Program whereas Microsoft believe it's an nVidia issue. It could be a combination of both.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 222
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #70

    pepanee said:
    Have you tried clicking the link in the bottom right picture?
    "Search for updated drivers on Windows Update"
    No. I haven't tried clicking the link. But I just did (see below):

    Can't restart. Re-start circle(?) just goes round and round endlessly-windows-update-5-4-2023-10-30-54-pm.jpg

    The more I think of it, the more I suspect that this error might be trace-able to this error which first showed up last March 30. I never had this problem prior to March 30. Lots and lots of users are experiencing this problem for the first time also:

    New MSFS error in graphics - Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - The AVSIM Community

    Can't restart. Re-start circle(?) just goes round and round endlessly-graphics-error-avsim.jpg

    These users think the error is either caused by Microsoft's Flight Simulator Program whereas Microsoft believe it's an nVidia issue. It could be a combination of both.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:31.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums