How to record desktop with Win + G ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 48
    Windows 10 Pro
       #1

    How to record desktop with Win + G ?


    Hi!

    There is screen recorder that comes with Win + G. But when you try to record random desktop application it says gaming features aren't available for the windows desktop or file explorer.
    How to record desktop with Win + G ?-hqdefault.jpg

    Is there any fix or workaround for that. This app works just fine as long as I want to record games but it complains when I want to record desktop apps?

    Any ideas why this restriction was put to in place in first place?

    Any alternative software that are as easy to use as this one and that can also record sound and also free? Ones that come with tons of bloatware or whose user interface are pain in the ass to learn are no go.
    Last edited by MakeW10Great; 23 Mar 2023 at 17:19.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 15,502
    Windows10
       #2

    MakeW10Great said:
    Hi!

    There is screen recorder that comes with Win + G. But when you try to record random desktop application it says gaming features aren't available for the windows desktop or file explorer.
    How to record desktop with Win + G ?-hqdefault.jpg

    Is there any fix or workaround for that. This app works just fine as long as I want to record games but it complains when I want to record desktop apps?

    Any ideas why this restriction was put to in place in first place?

    Any alternative software that are as easy to use as this one? Ones that come with tons of bloatware or whose user interface are pain in the ass to learn are no go.
    Sorry - always been this way.

    You can use the new snipping tool record feature but no sound.

    There is a little known recording tool in powerpoint if you have MS Office that will record screen and sound.

    Outside that, you are talking 3rd party tools - I use Easeus RecExperts that was given away on this forum to 100 persons.

    *** Giveaway - EaseUS RecExperts - Screen Recording Software ***

    I would imagine they have all gone but some were still available in January - worth asking. Let us know.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 48
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Ah yes. Currently I am looking for recording with sound. And dependency on MS Office is no go. With Easeus RecExperts maybe at some point I consider it. For now I am looking for free alternatives.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 15,502
    Windows10
       #4

    MakeW10Great said:
    Ah yes. Currently I am looking for recording with sound. And dependency on MS Office is no go. With Easeus RecExperts maybe at some point I consider it. For now I am looking for free alternatives.
    If you look at link, last post says there are still some free licences available as end of January, and nobody has requested it here, but also posted in W11 forum.

    How to record desktop with Win + G ?-s.png

    Reply to that last post and ask @z3r010 - you may get lucky.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 10,748
    Windows 11 Workstation x64
       #5

    No, sorry they are all gone.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 4,828
    Windows 11 Pro 64 Bit 22H2
       #6

    Update the Gaming Bar from the Microsoft Store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...c-97461da7b302
      My Computer

  7.   My Computer


  8. Posts : 94
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Ver. 22H2, Xubuntu 22.04
       #8

    MakeW10Great said:
    Ah yes. Currently I am looking for recording with sound. And dependency on MS Office is no go. With Easeus RecExperts maybe at some point I consider it. For now I am looking for free alternatives.
    OBS is free and open source.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 48
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #9

    spunk said:
    Update the Gaming Bar from the Microsoft Store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...c-97461da7b302
    Did not help. Seems like it's intentionally added restriction by MS to keep users from using this app as they please.

    Those were all tried.

    snickie said:
    OBS is free and open source.
    Yes, that seems to be working. I was looking for something that would have low learning curve as I was giving it to non-technical person. Game Bar had just record and stop button. OBS-studio was pain in the ass to figure out even for me as a technical person.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 4,828
    Windows 11 Pro 64 Bit 22H2
       #10
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:27.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums