Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 50
    Windows 10
       01 Sep 2015 #21

    icpwolverine said: View Post
    Found a source online to open control panel then system and security then system. At the bottom it'll say windows is not activated. Click view details in windows activation. If you call it'll be an automated system. Tell it the numbers in the sequence and it'll give you a set to put in. They said it should work that way


    Ok I did what you said but I dont see click view details in windows activation..I dont see that at all..I see change product key and go to store and on the top it says error details and why are you seeing this issue
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 101
    Windows 8.1 pro upgraded to Windows 10 pro
       01 Sep 2015 #22

    Activate Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums Scratch that this tut is for the earlier preview. But try this open command prompt as adminType slui.exe 4Press enter This should bring up the activate by phone method. At least it did in 8.1
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 50
    Windows 10
       01 Sep 2015 #23

    icpwolverine said: View Post
    Activate Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums Scratch that this tut is for the earlier preview. But try this open command prompt as adminType slui.exe 4Press enter This should bring up the activate by phone method. At least it did in 8.1

    I typed in slui.exe in command prompt(Admin) and all it asks is for the product key brings up a box to put it in
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Aug 2015
    Penn's Woods
    Posts : 1,176
    Windows 10 Home
       01 Sep 2015 #24

    Lakerfanalways said: View Post
    Yeah Im on the phone with microsoft now and they want me to buy an activation Key..not sure how to get hold of activation by phone where do I find that
    I wonder if the problem is your replacement motherboard has a different Windows 8.1 OEM key embedded. In that case, perhaps the quickest route WOULD be install of Windows 8.1, activation of that and then re-upgrade to Win 10.

    On the other hand, the phone route may have you subject to whoever you get on the phone and their individual mindset - sometimes just calling back and starting from scratch with someone else might have a different outcome.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 101
    Windows 8.1 pro upgraded to Windows 10 pro
       01 Sep 2015 #25

    Type "slui.exe 4" without quotes press enter choose country then it should give you a number to call
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 50
    Windows 10
       01 Sep 2015 #26

    Word Man said: View Post
    I wonder if the problem is your replacement motherboard has a different Windows 8.1 OEM key embedded. In that case, perhaps the quickest route WOULD be install of Windows 8.1, activation of that and then re-upgrade to Win 10.

    On the other hand, the phone route may have you subject to whoever you get on the phone and their individual mindset - sometimes just calling back and starting from scratch with someone else might have a different outcome.


    Dell is absolutely NO help I called them twice and got the same result twice..what makes me so angry is when the technician was here he said "All you have to do is call Dell and they will give you the activation code" he was full of it that is NOT the case Dell said twice they dont do that, so why did this technician lie..he said that there was supposed to be a little red sticker giving him the code but it didnt come with the motherboard. I am just going to call Dell tomorrow and say that the same crashing issue is happening and to replace my PC because seriously this hassle its not worth it
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 101
    Windows 8.1 pro upgraded to Windows 10 pro
       01 Sep 2015 #27

    Again open command prompt as admin and type "slui.exe 4" note the space before the 4 and with the quotes press enter
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Aug 2015
    Penn's Woods
    Posts : 1,176
    Windows 10 Home
       01 Sep 2015 #28

    Lakerfanalways said: View Post
    Dell is absolutely NO help I called them twice and got the same result twice..what makes me so angry is when the technician was here he said "All you have to do is call Dell and they will give you the activation code" he was full of it that is NOT the case Dell said twice they dont do that, so why did this technician lie..he said that there was supposed to be a little red sticker giving him the code but it didnt come with the motherboard. I am just going to call Dell tomorrow and say that the same crashing issue is happening and to replace my PC because seriously this hassle its not worth it
    When I referred to phone route, I meant Microsoft phone route. I think the person you talked to and wanted you to buy a key is full of it, although I acknowledge a slight chance I'm full of it.

    Check here - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/950929 It says that if you are not activated in Win 10, the Activate by phone option will be available.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 50
    Windows 10
       01 Sep 2015 #29

    Word Man said: View Post
    When I referred to phone route, I meant Microsoft phone route. I think the person you talked to and wanted you to buy a key is full of it, although I acknowledge a slight chance I'm full of it.

    Check here - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/950929 It says that if you are not activated in Win 10, the Activate by phone option will be available.

    Yeah I did the whole slui.exe 4 and unfortunately after I typed in the installation ID and it wouldnt activate it and I talked to microsoft and they said I have to get windows 8.1 and do a clean install of that, since I had the motherboard replaced it removed everything so its like its starting from scratch
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Aug 2015
    Penn's Woods
    Posts : 1,176
    Windows 10 Home
       01 Sep 2015 #30

    Lakerfanalways said: View Post
    Yeah I did the whole slui.exe 4 and unfortunately after I typed in the installation ID and it wouldnt activate it and I talked to microsoft and they said I have to get windows 8.1 and do a clean install of that, since I had the motherboard replaced it removed everything so its like its starting from scratch
    Too bad Dell couldn't do it more conveniently for you and replace your motherboard with a Win 10 OEM version (or whatever it' called nowadays) - I know it's extra work for you but the new motherboard OUGHT to activate Win 8.1 OK (or whichever version the board is coded for).

    Don't forget the data backup and rounding up the third party program license keys and install files you may need.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Strange right click issue on Windows 10
Hello everyone, I hope somebody will be able to help me with this because this is really making my work on my laptop very very difficult. So I have this strange issue where every time I try to right click on a file or on a blank space inside a...
General Support
Old Windows 10 Versions Will Expire Today, Stop Working in Two Weeks
Source
Windows 10 News
3 weeks on Windows 10 as main OS - My thoughts...
First off, for those interested in whether or not Windows 10 will serve in it's current state as a primary OS, my answer is yes. Granted, I don't do any heavy lifting really from this machine, but so far everything that I do has functioned just as...
General Support
Strange update issue...
Notwithstanding this is still beta, some strange stuff with updates... got this from a Defender update... 6868 Then on reboot... it gave me the 'baby blue screen' with the usual " :( windows needs to restart... blah, blah" On restart all...
Windows Updates and Activation
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:54.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums