Who else is getting the windows 10 preview tomorrow?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

  1. Posts : 460
    Windows 10 Pro
       #11

    Just installed an SSD in a machine for it. I will be downloading the 32 & 64 bit ISO and install them in VM and on a PC. I will then stick a whole bunch of software on there to try out. It will be interesting. I think the OS will be modular with add on packs for features such as desktop enhancements, drive encryption, advanced users will like the options. Hopefully there will be an easy button too.......
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 5,281
    Win 10 Pro x64
       #12

    I will be at work, so I am setting up my teamviewer to remotely do download at home while I am in the office. :) It will go on a Samsung Evo 120GB SSD.
      My Computer

  3.    #13

    Petey7 said:
    I'm definitely going to try to get it. Now if only I can find my 8gb flash drive so I can install it....

    Edit: Found a $7 16gb flash drive at Best Buy.
    You can install it on a usb drive ?

    Would you have to restart & boot to the usb ?

    If I could get it to work, I would download it. :)
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 220
    Windows 10
       #14

    Hi

    I'm going to download the ISO as soon as I can, but I'm going to dual boot it and hopefully someone else will do it first.

    I don't want to put it in a VM because I want to be able to run a lot of my installed software from it. I've found that many or my programs and games will run without being reinstalled.

    If it goes like the previous tests I will just switch over that use it unless, I have issues and just use my Windows 8 install as a fallback when I need to.

    Before I do that I will have to make new images of my hard drive tomorrow.

    I dual booted XP and 7 preview, and 7 and 8 preview both a year or so before they came online.

    I hope that it won't be any more complicated to do then it was then, I didn't have any problems at all.

    Here is some pretty comprehensive instructions on dual booting 2 Windows OSes in the UEFI environment.

    How to Dual Boot Pre installed Windows 8 with Windows 7

    If no one else posts about doing it, I'll use this as a guide.

    Mike
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 81
    Windows 7 Ultimate
       #15

    I'll def install it as soon as the downloads finishes.

    In my case I will do a clean install of a clean install on my other w7
    PC. It's patiently waiting on corner of my desk.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 345
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit 21H2 (19043.1348)
       #16

    Kodi said:
    I will be trying to get it but the problem is trying to convert the release time in the US to OZ time.
    I agree. Hopefully we won't have to wait another day.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 23,195
    Windows 10
       #17

    I am going to wait a bit longer before I download it, need to see more screenshots on what options are available

    Most of the new things mentioned are desktop related, and are not something I would use, plus it would take over 6 hours to download on my BB
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 22,741
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #18

    paulsalter said:
    I am going to wait a bit longer before I download it, need to see more screenshots on what options are available

    Most of the new things mentioned are desktop related, and are not something I would use, plus it would take over 6 hours to download on my BB
    6 HOURS!?!?!?! That sucks! Sorry to hear that. Mine will not take anywhere near that long to download.
    I just wonder when "tomorrow" begins for MS??
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 23,195
    Windows 10
       #19

    BunnyJ said:
    6 HOURS!?!?!?! That sucks! Sorry to hear that. Mine will not take anywhere near that long to download.
    I just wonder when "tomorrow" begins for MS??
    Would be at least that,, so holding off for a bit

    Just been reading other sites about release times, might possibly answer some of the above

    Seen mention it is coming out between 9am and 10am (Microsoft Land Time)
    This would be 4pm to 5pm GMT
    For those in AUS (Sydney Time) 1am to 2am Thursday Morning
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 22,741
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #20

    paulsalter said:
    Would be at least that,, so holding off for a bit

    Just been reading other sites about release times, might possibly answer some of the above

    Seen mention it is coming out between 9am and 10am (Microsoft Land Time)
    This would be 4pm to 5pm GMT
    For those in AUS (Sydney Time) 1am to 2am Thursday Morning
    Thanks so that would be around 12PM to 1PM my time., Eastern Time Zone US.
    So I've been up since 3am for no good reason!! Darn..
    Well it is pay day for Erin. Sigh...
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums