1. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 7
    Windows 10
       24 Aug 2015 #1

    Cannot get out of Safe Mode


    I was having difficulty with flashing and went into safe mode to try to figure out which program was causing it but now whenever I reboot I am still in Safe Mode.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Oct 2014
    Mid-Hudson Valley, NYS
    Posts : 255
    Windows 10 & Windows 10 Insider Program, Linux Mint 18
       24 Aug 2015 #2

    In2it said: View Post
    I was having difficulty with flashing and went into safe mode to try to figure out which program was causing it but now whenever I reboot I am still in Safe Mode.
    Does this help?
    http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2...e-windows.html

    Rich
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 7
    Windows 10
       24 Aug 2015 #3

    Thank you very much for your help. The link tells me how to get into Safe Mode but not how to get out of it. What is happening now is that every time I reboot, I am still in Safe Mode.
    rmonroe36 said: View Post
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Oct 2014
    Mid-Hudson Valley, NYS
    Posts : 255
    Windows 10 & Windows 10 Insider Program, Linux Mint 18
       24 Aug 2015 #4

    In2it said: View Post
    Thank you very much for your help. The link tells me how to get into Safe Mode but not how to get out of it. What is happening now is that every time I reboot, I am still in Safe Mode.
    Uncheck Safe Mode:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Boot Options.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	171.3 KB 
ID:	33673
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 101
    Windows 8.1 pro upgraded to Windows 10 pro
       24 Aug 2015 #5

    if he didn't know how to open msconfig just posting an image wouldn't help

    right click start then select run
    type msconfig press enter
    then select the boot tab
    uncheck safemode reboot
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 17,372
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 15007
       24 Aug 2015 #6

    In2it said: View Post
    I was having difficulty with flashing and went into safe mode to try to figure out which program was causing it but now whenever I reboot I am still in Safe Mode.
    Hello In2it,

    Double check using the tutorial below to see if it may help. It includes different options on how to boot back to normal mode while in Safe Mode.

    Safe Mode - Start Windows 10 in
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Oct 2014
    Mid-Hudson Valley, NYS
    Posts : 255
    Windows 10 & Windows 10 Insider Program, Linux Mint 18
       24 Aug 2015 #7

    icpwolverine said: View Post
    if he didn't know how to open msconfig just posting an image wouldn't help

    right click start then select run
    type msconfig press enter
    then select the boot tab
    uncheck safemode reboot
    I thought I had made an edit (addition) of Brink's tutorial but apparently I screwed that up. However Brink came to the rescue below.

    Rich
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 7
    Windows 10
       25 Aug 2015 #8

    Thank you so much guys. I really appreciate your help.
    Brink said: View Post
    Hello In2it,

    Double check using the tutorial below to see if it may help. It includes different options on how to boot back to normal mode while in Safe Mode.

    Safe Mode - Start Windows 10 in
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 17,372
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 15007
       25 Aug 2015 #9

    Glad we could help.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved can't get out of safe mode
Hello, I was having trouble with a usb drive and found a tutorial that suggested I go into safe mode to fix it. Due to there not being an F8 boot command screen any more I had to go into msconfig to change how the computer starts up.. which is...
General Support
Solved Safe mode boot hell
hi.. i followed one of the suggestions to enable boot mode. that was to use msconfig and set the boot mode option. i just had it on minimal boot settings, what my problem is that when the boot mode comes up, it prompts me for a password for the MS...
User Accounts and Family Safety
Solved Safe mode problem
I set my settings in msconfig to boot into safe mode. I have now logged into the desktop whilst in safe mode and I notice hardly anything shows. The only icon in the system bar is the notification center, cortana bar shows but does nothing when you...
General Support
Solved Does F8 key still work to boot into Safe Mode?
I ran into a problem installing Win10 on my laptop (I posted about it here). I got into an endless reboot cycle where Win would go to desktop but no taskbar/apps worked and a popup message left me no choice but to reboot again. I needed to get to...
General Support
Solved Safe mode problem
I booted into safe mode and it is not functioning. So I can't get to msconfig to uncheck safe mode boot. Is there a way to access the advanced boot menu before booting into Windows? Used to be F8 but doesn't seem to work in windows 10. Help please
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums