Windows 10: Real time news from the 30th Launch event

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

  1. Posts : 38,043
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       30 Sep 2014 #61

    Brink said: View Post
    10:45:11 AM PDT

    Q: You mentioned screens ranging from 4 inches to 80 inches. Is Windows 10 the next version of the phone operating system too?

    A: Yes.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 4,788
    Win 10 Pro x64
       30 Sep 2014 #62

    The start menu looks like a resource hogger. I hope there's also an option to disable the other half of it.

    Last edited by badrobot; 30 Sep 2014 at 13:09.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 38,043
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       30 Sep 2014 #63

    badrobot said: View Post
    The start menu looks like a resource hogger. I hope there's also an option to disable the other half of it.
    I would think if you don't place anything there it will shrink down. Also, I should think you could place items like My PC (This PC), CP, and the other stuff there like on the old Start Menu.

    Overall, the OS looks to be the best of both worlds, though. :)
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 4,788
    Win 10 Pro x64
       30 Sep 2014 #64

    HippsieGypsie said: View Post
    I would think if you don't place anything there it will shrink down. Also, I should think you could place items like My PC (This PC), CP, and the other stuff there like on the old Start Menu.

    Overall, the OS looks to be the best of both worlds, though. :)
    Agreed HG. It looks wonderful so far!

    Btw, when the forum migrated to "tenforums", I lost tapatalk connection.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 450
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit and VM
       30 Sep 2014 #65

    We will get to download it Wednesday :)
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 6,602
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       30 Sep 2014 #66

    badrobot said: View Post
    Agreed HG. It looks wonderful so far!

    Btw, when the forum migrated to "tenforums", I lost tapatalk connection.
    Doing it now.

    edit - tapatalk details updated, can somebody test.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 17,578
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       30 Sep 2014 #67

    Indianatone said: View Post
    We will get to download it Wednesday :)
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 4,788
    Win 10 Pro x64
       30 Sep 2014 #68

    z3r010 said: View Post
    Doing it now.

    edit - tapatalk details updated, can somebody test.


    Yup. Thanks! It's working but this error appears from time to time:





      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 6,602
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       30 Sep 2014 #69

    Probably just slow DNS updates etc, if it's still doing it tomorrow we can take a closer look at it
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  • Posts : 4,788
    Win 10 Pro x64
       01 Oct 2014 #70

    z3r010 said: View Post
    Probably just slow DNS updates etc, if it's still doing it tomorrow we can take a closer look at it

    All good now. No more error pop-ups.

    Cheers!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

    Related Threads
    Click to zoom in on your area. Wind Map
    Watch the 10 launch event in Windows 10 News
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfveyXCsiA8&feature=youtu.be
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    © Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:38.
    Find Us