Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
  1.    25 Aug 2015 #101
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 40,111
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglesail View Post
    Looking into 10 before I installed it, I read someone claiming a 'one way direction' indicating one cannot wipe 10. This is all new for everybody and everybody has an opinion...Yes?
    That would depend on how the user installed Win10 Before changing their os. If a user made a complete backup including ALL his partitions on primary drive, then reinstalling their old os is very simple. If you used Windows for that backup, then the user could have problems. I always use a 3rd party backup program myself.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    25 Aug 2015 #102
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 14
    Windows 10 x64

    There is absolutely nothing wrong with Windows 10 .... it has been working flawlessly since day 1.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    25 Aug 2015 #103
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 60
    Windows 10 x64

    The funniest part is how 99% of average users saying that W10 is better (much much better) than W8/W8.1 say so ONLY because they have a sort of traditional Start Menu back. They never ever wasted a minute in learning to use the new Start Menu, which is much faster for opening stuff than their loved old one that needs a hundred clicks.

    W10 so far is terrible, and yes, certainly a downgrade from W8.1 as we lose many features, some of them as basic as the colors of the windows. I can't believe it's succeeding so much when changes are for the worse in every sense and performance is exactly the same or worse in some aspects.

    I wouldn't mind staying on W10 because I always like to have the latest software, but I just wanted to keep the colors of the Windows and the W8.1 Start Menu, the best one for opening fast.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    25 Aug 2015 #104
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 122
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by kmint View Post
    The funniest part is how 99% of average users saying that W10 is better (much much better) than W8/W8.1 say so ONLY because they have a sort of traditional Start Menu back. They never ever wasted a minute in learning to use the new Start Menu, which is much faster for opening stuff than their loved old one that needs a hundred clicks.

    W10 so far is terrible, and yes, certainly a downgrade from W8.1 as we lose many features, some of them as basic as the colors of the windows. I can't believe it's succeeding so much when changes are for the worse in every sense and performance is exactly the same or worse in some aspects.

    I wouldn't mind staying on W10 because I always like to have the latest software, but I just wanted to keep the colors of the Windows and the W8.1 Start Menu, the best one for opening fast.
    Am i reading what you wrote correctly that to you the most important item, is the colors you had in Win8.1s and that start menu?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    25 Aug 2015 #105
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 60
    Windows 10 x64

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalcurisity View Post
    Am i reading what you wrote correctly that to you the most important item, is the colors you had in Win8.1s and that start menu?
    Read again and spare me your irony, clever guy.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    25 Aug 2015 #106
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 173
    Wds10 - OEM

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    You have 30 days from July 29, 2015 to go back. After that MS wipes out those Windows .old and the other ones as well. But you can still do a clean install of Windows 7 until the EOD on the 29th.


    Source
    In theory ..yes ..
    Reality ..NO
    I still have my "Window OLD from 8.1" but every time I try to roll back , It kept saying there is something wrong and reset back to wds10 ..
    Apparently " to me" MS lied about 30 days time frame to roll back ..
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    25 Aug 2015 #107
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 20
    Windows 10

    *Does an upgrade of his operating system, does not prepare*
    *Things goes wrong, blaims the new operating system*

    *Eats too much junkfood, does not exercise*
    *Get's really fat, blaims the grocery store*
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    25 Aug 2015 #108

    Quote Originally Posted by kmint View Post
    The funniest part is how 99% of average users saying that W10 is better (much much better) than W8/W8.1 say so ONLY because they have a sort of traditional Start Menu back. They never ever wasted a minute in learning to use the new Start Menu, which is much faster for opening stuff than their loved old one that needs a hundred clicks.

    W10 so far is terrible, and yes, certainly a downgrade from W8.1 as we lose many features, some of them as basic as the colors of the windows. I can't believe it's succeeding so much when changes are for the worse in every sense and performance is exactly the same or worse in some aspects.

    I wouldn't mind staying on W10 because I always like to have the latest software, but I just wanted to keep the colors of the Windows and the W8.1 Start Menu, the best one for opening fast.
    i think your spot on, windows 10 is no real upgrade and its so ugly compared with 7 and 8
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    25 Aug 2015 #109
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 20
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by SchrodingersCat View Post
    i think your spot on, windows 10 is no real upgrade and its so ugly compared with 7 and 8
    Meh, I disagree. It lacks a few extra customizing options, but they will come eventually.
    If you invest some time in it its more than fine. Much better than win8 at least!
    Win7 was maybe a bit better, but eventually we will all love Win10!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    25 Aug 2015 #110

    Geeze, installed windows 10 on my 4 computers including an old windows 7 laptop, no problems on any of them.

    Yes the Edge Browser currently without support for extensions and bad bookmarking is kind of dead at the moment, currently using Opera 33.0

    Also the mail app is kind of a dissapointment, now using outlook.com.

    Windows 10 however is fast and most everything intergrates nicely, yes the OS is lacking some configuration options but they should come along shortly in updates.

    I like it, start menu is must faster for getting to where you want, like Contana for certain things, action center is nice for quick reading of news headlines and outlook mail.

    I will say that trying to get everything figured out and configured is taking a long time but once it is done it is all pretty slick.

    TC
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Pretty disappointed so far
A disclaimer: I never liked Windows 7, or Vista, or XP. I used them, but never enjoyed the experience. Windows Phone and Windows 8, and then 8.1 are the first OS Microsoft ever made that I liked. I fact I loved 8/8.1. I installed the Windows 10...
General Support
Without XP Support and Disappointed with Windows 8.1, Users Still Looking Forward to Windows 9
More
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums