No Privacy

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

  1. Posts : 204
    Windows 10 Pro
       #21

    CountMike said:
    I'm afraid you signed your privacy off long time ago (depending on your age). Once you applied for an ID, drivers license, started kindergarten, got your first shots, walked down the street filled up with security cameras, went to internet.... and practically everything you do unless living in cave or middle of desert and hiding from satellites.
    You will need to cash out your bank account, saving, etc. Pay everything with cash. Destroy your phone, credit cards. Avoid street camera's . :)
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 19,214
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #22

    Slugger said:
    You will need to cash out your bank account, saving, etc. Pay everything with cash. Destroy your phone, credit cards. Avoid street camera's . :)
    And crawl under a suitable rock.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 51
    Win 10 PRO 1909
       #23

    If you use windows or MacOS, you lose lots of privacy and anonymity. Everything we do online is being tracked by someone. Google, your ISP, facebook.. facebook tracks you even if you don't have a facebook account. google has too much power and tracks everything we do online.

    Its very difficult to not be tracked. to get any sort of privacy back, you have to use linux tails from a USB stick... then you have to learn how to use the internet differently and avoid doing certain things to prevent being tracked... I found trying to keep your privacy and anonymity is so difficult and requires so much work that its just too difficult to even bother... a VPN helps too...
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 289
    Windows 10 Pro 21H2
       #24

    Slugger said:
    You will need to cash out your bank account, saving, etc. Pay everything with cash. Destroy your phone, credit cards. Avoid street camera's . :)
    So we should never take any measures to protect our privacy or security according to you, just let em do whatever they want to us.

    - - - Updated - - -

    ale64 said:
    If you use windows or MacOS, you lose lots of privacy and anonymity. Everything we do online is being tracked by someone. Google, your ISP, facebook.. facebook tracks you even if you don't have a facebook account. google has too much power and tracks everything we do online.

    Its very difficult to not be tracked. to get any sort of privacy back, you have to use linux tails from a USB stick... then you have to learn how to use the internet differently and avoid doing certain things to prevent being tracked... I found trying to keep your privacy and anonymity is so difficult and requires so much work that its just too difficult to even bother... a VPN helps too...
    Linux and a vpn make it hard for the government to stick it's big nose up our rear ends, so do good privacy browsers like TOR. They hate encryption, period!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Antilope said:
    Experts even disagree about security and privacy issues when it comes to open software. When it comes to closed software written by an unknown or little known source, it really is blind trust.
    What "experts"?
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 19,214
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #25

    I simply refuse to let all those concerns about privacy cramp my life style, I stick my tongue and make faces at security cameras, let them all see how little money I have in bank account and would gladly let government see how good I'm at sex if they bother to watch.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 1,652
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #26

    ale64 said:
    ... I found trying to keep your privacy and anonymity is so difficult and requires so much work that its just too difficult to even bother... a VPN helps too...
    Its not as difficult anymore, and VPN's are a major trust issue. Chrome, Edgium and FireFox (maybe some others too) all allow you to use the DNS-over-HTTPS protocol (DoH) to better secure your connection to the internet. Some benefits of DoH are:

    - Prevents Man-in-the-Middle attack. No more plaintext DNS queries since they are secured.
    - Circumvents ISP or third-party interception. All packages are obfuscated.
    - Machine performance is greatly increased, since the DNS over HTTPS method centralizes all DNS traffic, meaning fewer servers are required to process the queries.
    - Most browser makers are pushing DoH, which means faster deployment.

    Check out these tutorials:
    How to Enable or Disable DNS over HTTPS (DoH) in Google Chrome
    How to Enable or Disable DNS over HTTPS (DoH) in Firefox
    How to Enable or Disable DNS over HTTPS (DoH) in Microsoft Edge
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 7,257
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       #27

    I suspect you own a mobile phone, do you take the same precautions with that?
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 264
    Windows 10
       #28

    BunnyJ said:
    +1.. Really, trusting an unknown group/person with your system setup... Heck, if that's how anyone wants to roll I say go for it, but don't complain when something goes wrong.

    Exactly. The funny thing is that months later, these people start having all kinds of problems with their systems and donīt know why and blame Windows 10. Maybe they should remember that they may have installed dozens of 3rd party software that in some ways hack the normal behavior of a Windows 10 system.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 19,214
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #29

    xaccell said:
    Exactly. The funny thing is that months later, these people start having all kinds of problems with their systems and donīt know why and blame Windows 10. Maybe they should remember that they may have installed dozens of 3rd party software that in some ways hack the normal behavior of a Windows 10 system.
    Worst SW offenders are cleaners and "miracle" SW promising great improvements.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 11,180
    Windows / Linux : Arch Linux
       #30

    Slugger said:
    You will need to cash out your bank account, saving, etc. Pay everything with cash. Destroy your phone, credit cards. Avoid street camera's . :)
    Hi there !!

    And Pray --where does the Cash come from -- you're on "Candid Camera" if you get it from an ATM, if you enter a Bank or even if you either drive or use public transport to get to a machine. I think even UBER type taxis now have cameras in their vehicles --actually a good idea --both for the DRIVER and the passengers .

    If you want to go off-grid just retire to some area where there's no internet and grow all your own things. If you are from the USA then surely you've got a Social Security number too -- so even from Day ONE there's links over your movements.

    I think also doesn't even the President of the USA have a social security number -- not sure if it's publicly available but the Freedom of Information Act certainly allows for queries of that type if you are sufficiently interested.

    I'd be more worried about getting attacked on a Night Bus say in London or Paris rather than being "Monitored" by the CIA or similar.

    (Actually to both our Brit and French colleagues here - the chances of that happening on public transport are still very low in most parts of those cities that tourists use).

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Đ Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums