i have a few questions regarding windows 10 and windows 11?


  1. Posts : 41
    windows 10
       #1

    i have a few questions regarding windows 10 and windows 11?


    Hi, i have already enabled tpm 2.0 and enabled secure boot state.

    but i notice in system information it says: "unsupported"?

    am i missing a file or something?

    as for group policy editor. do i have that?

    i have nvidia geforce gtx 1050 ti.

    amd ryzen 7 1800x eight core processor.

    i have 16 gigs of ram installed.

    i may need to update my ram eventually.

    my virtual memory is 20 gigs total.

    then for total left 12 gigs.

    so my bios menu is amd based.

    i also notice i have virtualization based security not enabled?

    i see that is part of group policy editor thing?

    will that fix the error of: " my computer is not eligable and such?"
      My Computer

  2. z3r010's Avatar
    Posts : 10,262
    Windows 10 Workstation x64
       #2
      My Computers

  3. bobkn's Avatar
    Posts : 3,936
    Win 11 X64 Pro 21H2 22000.100
       #3

    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...amd-processors

    Your CPU isn't on the supported list.

    Why? No idea.
      My Computers

  4. Steve C's Avatar
    Posts : 6,696
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       #4

    bobkn said:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...amd-processors

    Your CPU isn't on the supported list.

    Why? No idea.
    I found the associated Intel list too. Apart from only having TPM 1.2, my Intel i5-3570K also doesn't meet the requirement.
      My Computers

  5. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 20,122
    10 Home x64 (21H1) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #5

    Even with TPM 2.0 and secure boot enabled my 6th gen i7-6600U fails the PC health check. But despite that an in-place upgrade still says it can install Windows 11. See this post:

    POLL: Does your current PC meet Windows 11 minimum requirements? | Page 3 | Windows 11 Forum - post #41
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 41
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #6

    interesting. so my cpu is the anwser to the problem? lol.

    are they cheap these days? cpus?
      My Computer

  7. bobkn's Avatar
    Posts : 3,936
    Win 11 X64 Pro 21H2 22000.100
       #7

    Doominator1990 said:
    interesting. so my cpu is the anwser to the problem? lol.

    are they cheap these days? cpus?
    The question would be whether you could upgrade to a Gen 8 or later CPU with your current motherboard. You may have to upgrade the motherboard as well.

    You may find this worth reading: Will your PC run Windows 11? Even Microsoft can't say for sure | ZDNet

    Maybe Microsoft will change things so that CPUs that are significantly better than their stated requirements will be supported, even if they aren't Gen 8 or newer.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 41
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #8

    bobkn said:
    The question would be whether you could upgrade to a Gen 8 or later CPU with your current motherboard. You may have to upgrade the motherboard as well.

    You may find this worth reading: Will your PC run Windows 11? Even Microsoft can't say for sure | ZDNet

    Maybe Microsoft will change things so that CPUs that are significantly better than their stated requirements will be supported, even if they aren't Gen 8 or newer.
    am i also allowed to change insider settings when selecting one? or when i select one. im stuck in preview channel?
      My Computer

  9. bobkn's Avatar
    Posts : 3,936
    Win 11 X64 Pro 21H2 22000.100
       #9

    Doominator1990 said:
    am i also allowed to change insider settings when selecting one? or when i select one. im stuck in preview channel?
    I don't know. However, the table in the first post of this thread Preparing for Insider Preview Builds of Windows 11 suggests that it may not be simple to switch from the RP channel to beta or dev.

    I wonder whether the various releases of 11 will find their way to uudump?
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 41
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #10

    bobkn said:
    I don't know. However, the table in the first post of this thread Preparing for Insider Preview Builds of Windows 11 suggests that it may not be simple to switch from the RP channel to beta or dev.

    I wonder whether the various releases of 11 will find their way to uudump?
    possible it could.

    which microsoft is doing this os for windows 11?

    it shouldn't be this difficult. unless this is not from us?
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:00.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums