Too Bland ! ! !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 35
    10 Pro
       #1

    Too Bland ! ! !


    I realize that running Aero in Win 7 took more resources, and Ms wanting the same vs. of Win 10 to be able run on multiple devices, has turned the OS way down graphically. But 10 is just too bland, I run multiple applications, and a lot of them do not allow the EU to change the size of the applet. And because every darn thing in 10 is displayed as white sheet of paper, you can't tell where one window begins and another stop. Even Windows Explorer is pain, Iím constantly fishing that he top of apps and Explorer with my cursor, trying to locate that thinner than ever area, so I drag an app or window to another location. They could have at least put an off-white or light gray boarder at the top and edges where you could actually see the entire frame of an open app or Explorer. I mean really, I can't believe it would have taken much coding, and or much for resources. Why does Ms seem to make it habit of moving forward in some areas, while going backwards in others. I don't need Aero, or expect that much graphically, but something needs to be done, it just NOT efficient to work with multiple apps and windows on your desktop area when everything looks like a generic blank sheet of white paper.

    By now, tons of people have complained about how Windows 10 does updates, and its rumored from all the complaints that Ms might be making some changes in that area. I would hope that the same thing might come from 10 being so bland, and no option of colored boarder (at least at the top) that Ms will make some changes!
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 1,219
    Windows 8.1, Win10Pro
       #2

    I wouldn't hold your breath on this ... MS has become obsessed with Metro -- look at Edge, the Metro version of IE. Everything they do nowadays is the "flat" look. I don't ever see them going back to the 3D look of Win7 and prior.

    If you want the old 3D look back, you need to consider using WindowBlinds from Stardock -- but you'll have to wait because their most current version doesn't work on Win10.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 441
    Windows 10
       #3

    HC1Gunner said:
    I realize that running Aero in Win 7 took more resources, and Ms wanting the same vs. of Win 10 to be able run on multiple devices, has turned the OS way down graphically. But 10 is just too bland, I run multiple applications, and a lot of them do not allow the EU to change the size of the applet. And because every darn thing in 10 is displayed as white sheet of paper, you can't tell where one window begins and another stop. Even Windows Explorer is pain, I’m constantly fishing that he top of apps and Explorer with my cursor, trying to locate that thinner than ever area, so I drag an app or window to another location. They could have at least put an off-white or light gray boarder at the top and edges where you could actually see the entire frame of an open app or Explorer. I mean really, I can't believe it would have taken much coding, and or much for resources. Why does Ms seem to make it habit of moving forward in some areas, while going backwards in others. I don't need Aero, or expect that much graphically, but something needs to be done, it just NOT efficient to work with multiple apps and windows on your desktop area when everything looks like a generic blank sheet of white paper.

    By now, tons of people have complained about how Windows 10 does updates, and its rumored from all the complaints that Ms might be making some changes in that area. I would hope that the same thing might come from 10 being so bland, and no option of colored boarder (at least at the top) that Ms will make some changes!
    Winaero Tweaker
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 561
    Windows 10 Pro/Windows 7 Ultimate
       #4

    I have been using this, looks like they updated it yesterday.

    Aero Glass for Windows 8.x+
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 4,594
    Windows 10 Pro
       #5

    Ranting about it now ? here ? That`s what feedback is for.

    Windows 10 TP has been out for a year, you weren`t aware of how 10 looked ?

    No one made you install 10, it was your choice :)
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 35
    10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #6

    I don't need a 3D look, I just the top of Explorer to have colored bar across the top, so you can tell where one grab, and can quickly spot each and every opened window.

    AddRAM,

    If you don't have anything to say, then don't bother flaming peeps post
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 561
    Windows 10 Pro/Windows 7 Ultimate
       #7

    AddRAM said:
    Ranting about it now ? here ? That`s what feedback is for.

    Windows 10 TP has been out for a year, you weren`t aware of how 10 looked ?

    No one made you install 10, it was your choice :)
    Ranting is good to do in the Insight app feedback section :)

    If all you want are the tops of the shell windows coloured, use the Aero Beta I posted. You will have to put up with a non-closable Debug window though.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 22,741
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #8

    HC1Gunner said:
    I don't need a 3D look, I just the top of Explorer to have colored bar across the top, so you can tell where one grab, and can quickly spot each and every opened window.

    AddRAM,

    If you don't have anything to say, then don't bother flaming peeps post
    It's been addressed in build 10525.
    Screen shot:
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 46
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
       #9

    Too Bland ! ! !-dt.png

    I do not think my Desk Top looks Bland.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 287
    win 10 home
       #10

    High-Contrast Themes can be alternatives if apps can play nice with the restrictions.
      My Computer


 

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:32.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums