Win 10 20H2 19042.964 is now getting News and Interests.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 147
    Windows 10 V1709
       #1

    Win 10 20H2 19042.964 is now getting News and Interests.


    Today I got he News and Interests on every 20H2 machine at build 19042.964.
    Unfortunately it is coming with the annoying Hovering variant and no option to disable hovering.
    They added the option to uncheck hovering on development code, but they forgot the same option in the version coming down on public build.
    They picked the worst possible variant as the default, if I want to open N&I let me click on the icon like all the other icons on the taskbar.
    Whoever came up with this hovering nonsense was probably operating under the influence
    There were plenty of complaints on the FBH from insider testers about this crazy variant, why is MS ignoring the feed back ?
    You can see in the snapshot that the option to uncheck Open on Hover is missing.

    Win 10 20H2 19042.964 is now getting News and Interests.-news-interests-20h2.png

    Win 10 20H2 19042.964 is now getting News and Interests.-21370-n-i-options.png

    As a workaround to disable Open on Hover I changed the Feature Configuration manually from variant 6 to variant 4.
    Two feature configurations were added in build 19042.964 to activate news and interests:

    addconfig 27368843 2 1 0 0 0 4 ( FeedsCore )
    addconfig 27371152 2 1 6 0 0 4 ( FeedsTaskbarHeadline ) (Default Open on Hover)

    The variant 6 in the second configuration is the default that Opens on Hover, changing it to 4 disables the hovering and you can click on the icon to open the flyout. This way it behave like all the other icons on the Taskbar and opens the flyout by clicking on the icon.

    addconfig 27371152 2 1 4 0 0 4 (No hovering variant)
    Last edited by fg2001gf10F; 01 May 2021 at 01:24.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 94
    windows 10 64 bit home version 1903
       #2

    Uninstall it?


    We need to know how to completely UNINSTALL the app entirely; not interested in only disabling it. Please link to How to Uninstall News and Interest app. Thank you
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 147
    Windows 10 V1709
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Nubiewithatwist said:
    We need to know how to completely UNINSTALL the app entirely; not interested in only disabling it. Please link to How to Uninstall News and Interest app. Thank you
    It is now built in windows 19043.1052, I don't think you can uninstall it, just turn it off.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 94
    windows 10 64 bit home version 1903
       #4

    fg2001gf10F said:
    It is now built in windows 19043.1052, I don't think you can uninstall it, just turn it off.
    Looks like. Even with the damned thing turned off and out of sight, we're hoping that it's not collecting our data in the background.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 94
    windows 10 64 bit home version 1903
       #5

    Uninstall it?


    Turning it off was easy but We need to know how to completely UNINSTALL the app entirely; not interested in only disabling it. Please link to How to Uninstall News and Interest app. Thank you

    - - - Updated - - -

    "Disabling it asap and deny in my firewall"

    So you're thinking that it will be accessing the net even with it turned off?

    Can you please find us a link that says how to block it in windows firewall? We don't know diddly about pcs. Thanks
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 147
    Windows 10 V1709
    Thread Starter
       #6

    Nubiewithatwist said:
    Turning it off was easy but We need to know how to completely UNINSTALL the app entirely; not interested in only disabling it. Please link to How to Uninstall News and Interest app. Thank you
    - - - Updated - - -
    "Disabling it asap and deny in my firewall"

    So you're thinking that it will be accessing the net even with it turned off?
    Can you please find us a link that says how to block it in windows firewall? We don't know diddly about pcs. Thanks
    It shouldn't do anything when it is turned off.
    If you are worried about tracking your activity, there are other ways MS can do that especially if you use any of these online MS accounts, or google accounts or any online account for that matter..��
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 1,282
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       #7

    You might have installed a preview update that included ‘“News and interests”.

    April 28, 2021—KB5001391 (OS Builds 19041.964 and 19042.964) Preview
    "Introducing news and interests on the Windows 10 taskbar"

    There isn't a way to completely uninstall it that I know of.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 147
    Windows 10 V1709
    Thread Starter
       #8

    MeAndMyComputer said:
    You might have installed a preview update that included ‘“News and interests”.

    April 28, 2021—KB5001391 (OS Builds 19041.964 and 19042.964) Preview
    "Introducing news and interests on the Windows 10 taskbar"

    There isn't a way to completely uninstall it that I know of.
    With 19043.1052 it is no longer a preview, it is distributed to all.
    Users that don't want it can just turn it off.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 94
    windows 10 64 bit home version 1903
       #9

    fg2001gf10F said:
    With 19043.1052 it is no longer a preview, it is distributed to all.
    Users that don't want it can just turn it off.
    Right; i wasn't asked if i wanted a freakin feature version update. we were fine with 1909
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 147
    Windows 10 V1709
    Thread Starter
       #10

    Nubiewithatwist said:
    Right; i wasn't asked if i wanted a freakin feature version update. we were fine with 1909
    Why don't you send a feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub and complain there ?
    Most people don't want this stupid useless feature.
      My Computer


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:02.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums