New build freezing

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

  1. Posts : 110
    Windows 10 Pro 64
    Thread Starter
       #11

    joeandmarg0 said:
    Do you have an integrated graphics card,or a dedicated one?
    Dedicated cards have their own memory,integrated help themselves to system memory.
    Freezing is often caused by display adapter drivers malfunctioning.
    I always use the integrated graphics- no graphics card.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 1,144
    win10 home
       #12

    Suggest increasing memory to 8gb.If that is not possible,then try to limit system memory usage.
    It only takes a sudden spike to trigger Timeout Detection and Recovery [TDR] and temporarily freeze the monitor.
    The default setting for TDR is 2 seconds.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 110
    Windows 10 Pro 64
    Thread Starter
       #13

    joeandmarg0 said:
    Suggest increasing memory to 8gb.If that is not possible,then try to limit system memory usage.
    It only takes a sudden spike to trigger Timeout Detection and Recovery [TDR] and temporarily freeze the monitor.
    The default setting for TDR is 2 seconds.
    RAM is 16Gb, if that's what you meant.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 3,958
    Windows 7 HP 64 - Windows 10 Pro - Lubuntu
       #14
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 1,144
    win10 home
       #15

    In your ---My Computers---specifications,you give the RAM as 4GB,which is why I suggested 8GB.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 110
    Windows 10 Pro 64
    Thread Starter
       #16

    Megahertz said:
    Did you installed ?
    Any other missing driver?
    I have been unable to install this as the Intel ME won't run. I'm not sure exactly which driver I need.

    - - - Updated - - -

    joeandmarg0 said:
    In your ---My Computers---specifications,you give the RAM as 4GB,which is why I suggested 8GB.
    Sorry, I didn't realize I had not updated that.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 3,958
    Windows 7 HP 64 - Windows 10 Pro - Lubuntu
       #17
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 806
    Windows 10 Professional x64 21H2
       #18

    What exactly were you doing when the system froze? Did you have to hard start the system or did it resolve itself after 15 to 30 seconds?
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 110
    Windows 10 Pro 64
    Thread Starter
       #19

    Lance1 said:
    What exactly were you doing when the system froze? Did you have to hard start the system or did it resolve itself after 15 to 30 seconds?
    I wasn't present. I just found it locked up and had to use the power button to restart it. I suspect the BIOS updating will fix that, but I'm working through the other stuff as well.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I've tried running this several times, and all I get is a message saying something went wrong.

    - - - Updated - - -

    After my latest Windows update this morning, all device drivers show ok.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 3,958
    Windows 7 HP 64 - Windows 10 Pro - Lubuntu
       #20

    First thing to do after a Clean Install is to open Device Manager and make sure you have all drivers installed and running.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:47.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums