[Help] how to unrestrict user from changing Start Screen Settings ?!


  1. Posts : 4
    Windows 10 Pro (1903)
       #1

    [Help] how to unrestrict user from changing Start Screen Settings ?!


    hi
    i have finished tweaking windows10 every thing goes well, until i added some registry releted to start menu

    [01]
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
    "Start_TrackDocs"=dword:00000000
    "Start_TrackProgs"=dword:00000000

    [02]
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager]
    "SystemPaneSuggestionsEnabled"=dword:00000001

    although i enabled the value again and enabled it but nothing happend, unfortenatily it disabled the all programes folders in start menu and any option i change in start menu settings it does not save, and i have a red statement "*Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization."

    how can i restore it ?!

    [Help] how to unrestrict user from changing Start Screen Settings ?!-image-1.jpg
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 7,456
    Windows 10 Home 20H2
       #2

    Restore Windows to a point before the problem arose.

    Run rstrui
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 61,568
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
       #3

    Hello SmartMaher,

    Your screenshot indicates you disabled the "Show most used apps" below.

    Enable or Disable Most Used Apps on Start Menu in Windows 10

    I'm not sure what you used to disable the "Choose which folders appear on Start" link though.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 7,456
    Windows 10 Home 20H2
       #4

    "Show most used apps" is disabled by default in my 20H2.
    I have never touched it since I clean installed 20H2.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 4
    Windows 10 Pro (1903)
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Matthew Wai said:
    Restore Windows to a point before the problem arose.
    Run rstrui
    i have disabled "System Restore"

    Brink said:
    Hello SmartMaher,
    Your screenshot indicates you disabled the "Show most used apps" below.
    Enable or Disable Most Used Apps on Start Menu in Windows 10
    I'm not sure what you used to disable the "Choose which folders appear on Start" link though.
    i follow all instruction but nothing helped
    i have explain what happen and record it "GIF"
    File sharing and storage made simple

    Matthew Wai said:
    "Show most used apps" is disabled by default in my 20H2.
    I have never touched it since I clean installed 20H2.
    i use LTSB 2019 version
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 7,456
    Windows 10 Home 20H2
       #6

    SmartMaher said:
    i have disabled "System Restore"
    Have you created a system image?
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums