“Search Windows” Bar Results Un-Clickable Windows 10


  1. Posts : 2
    Windows 10
       #1

    “Search Windows” Bar Results Un-Clickable Windows 10


    When I use the "Search Windows" bar on the taskbar I cannot click on most of the suggested results. I used "restore" as an example in the attached picture. Options for "restore" come up as shown but the red arrowed results are un-clickable while the blue arrow is. If I just put in "re" instead of "restore" then Remote Desktop comes up as a suggested result and I am able to click on it. I have disabled Cortana and shut off web results on all PC's. Other than that I have not tweaked any of the workstations.... One more thing that I failed to mention was that I ran sfc /verifyonly on all my Windows 10 machines and it never resulted in any integrity violations. Thanks in advance for any and all help with this issue!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -search-error.png  
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 4
    Windows 10 Pro
       #2

    in2hockey04 said:
    When I use the "Search Windows" bar on the taskbar I cannot click on most of the suggested results. I used "restore" as an example in the attached picture. Options for "restore" come up as shown but the red arrowed results are un-clickable while the blue arrow is. If I just put in "re" instead of "restore" then Remote Desktop comes up as a suggested result and I am able to click on it. I have disabled Cortana and shut off web results on all PC's. Other than that I have not tweaked any of the workstations.... One more thing that I failed to mention was that I ran sfc /verifyonly on all my Windows 10 machines and it never resulted in any integrity violations. Thanks in advance for any and all help with this issue!!

    I'm having a very similar issue.

    However, for me, cog wheel icon results typically work. But I don't get the "reset this PC" and "Go back to an earlier build" options that you do.

    So, in this example, I can select "settings" and "windows mobility center", while nothing else works:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2015_08_24_14_43_201.png  
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 4
    Windows 10 Pro
       #3

    After having this problem, I installed Stardock's Start10, and now use its "search programs and files" using the modern theme to work around this problem. Regardless, the problem is annoying, and I hope someone responds with a real solution.
    Last edited by Webslinger; 24 Aug 2015 at 10:17.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 2
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #4

    Webslinger said:
    After having this problem, I installed Stardock's Start10, and now use its "search programs and files" using the modern theme to work around this problem. Regardless, the problem is annoying, and I hope someone responds with a real solution.
    Thanks for the workaround! I'll give it a shot, it is really annoying because on some workstations it works fine and on others some parts work while others do not! Really no rhyme or reason to what does work and what doesn't. For a while I was thinking that I was the only one having this issue....
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 4
    Windows 10 Pro
       #5

    in2hockey04 said:
    Thanks for the workaround! I'll give it a shot, it is really annoying because on some workstations it works fine and on others some parts work while others do not! Really no rhyme or reason to what does work and what doesn't. For a while I was thinking that I was the only one having this issue....
    Well, for me, app results work. So, for example, "control panel" will work, but if the search result brings up a non-app, it won't work.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums